Tell me your pearls of wisdom!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me your pearls of wisdom!

So I have a tummy bug and have been at home all day today feeling miserable, and trawling the internet. I came across "Note before I die" by 27yr old Holly, and it made me all weepy! I know I was probably prone to tears because I'm under the weather, but things like this get me every time. And yet I still read them! Anyway, it reminded me of the song "Everyone's free (to wear sunscreen)" by Baz Lurhman from years ago, a song I love (and have always wanted to scrap a page with, even started a page a couple of times!), and they got me thinking, what advice would I want to leave? I am sure it would be along the lines of:
    1) be kind
    2) find ways to be happy about yourself (there are people around who are so happy when you walk into the room!)
    3) dance (even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room - stealing that one straight from Baz!)

What advice would you give?

If you want to read the article "Note before I die", I am hoping this link will work --- https://www.littlethings.com/holly-b...-before-i-die/
    And if Baz Lurhman's song was before your time, try this link! --- https://youtu.be/MQlJ3vOp6nI

Loved that letter too!

1. Smile at everyone!
    2. Tell those you love 'love you' often!
    3. Floss daily!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, of course, gotta floss!

Don't put off something you want to do til the kids are older - the time flies and you may never get the opportunity.
    Look after your health, you take it for granted when you're young but when you are older it can make all the difference.
    Forgive and forget.
    Don't sweat the small stuff.
    Spend money on experiences rather than stuff.
    After you have taken your photos, put the phone down - the people you are with matter more that the phone.

Comment

I haven't read Holly's letter yet but plan to. I am going to give this some thought and create a scrapbook LO about it!!
      -----KRISTA-----

Comment

I think my advice would be nobody's going to die or fall apart if you take the time to look after yourself every once in a while. Self love / self care is important.

Comment

What about Live Adventurously and Don't take life too seriously.

Corrin, I hope you are feeling a lot better now.
          [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com

Comment

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            Good advice, and yes, thanks, I am feeling a little better!

Be brave and try. Or be afraid but try anyway! That would pretty much be my one and only piece of advice because it works for every. single. thing!

Comment

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            I like that Chloe!
        Working...
        X