Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy new year! Year of the dog.

It is already the 1st here in Japan!

For this new Dog Year I wish you all the best for you and your family!
    May 2018 bring you happiness, health, love and success!

Happy New Years to you too, and to everyone else here at TDP!

My Gallery

Comment

Happy new year TDP!! May 2018 be great for all of you!!

Comment

Happy New Year!! May it be full of wonderfully scrapped pages!!
        -----KRISTA-----

Comment

Happy new year, all! May 2018 be filled with love, happiness, and beautiful memories!

Comment

happy new year!! I hope this proves to be a good year for everyone

Is anoyone here born in the year of the dog? I was born in the year of the Ox, and one website had this to say about me....

"Ranking second in Chinese zodiacal signs, the Ox is huge. People often use it to indicate something big in size or number." - Are they calling me HUGE!?! I am on the short side, but maybe some of the other characteristics are a little more accurate...

"People born in the Year of Ox bear persistent, simple, honest, and straightforward characteristics. They are talent leaders with strong faith, and strong devotion to work. They are contemplative before taking actions, not easily affected by the surroundings but just follow their concept and ability. Being conservative with a lack of wit in speaking, they usually look silent and sometimes stubborn in their old ways.". Yes, I probably have a strong work ethic, and my children think I am set in my "old ways"!

Does anyone else know which year they are?!

Comment

My mum is a ox too! Actually here it's more of a bull (or cow maybe) than a ox.

I live in Japan so here too they use the Chinese Zodiac. I am a tiger and hubby is a dog. I really hope it will be the year for him because 2017 was very stressful and frustrating at work.

There is a little difference here with the Chinese zodiac. We don't have a cat year but instead a rabbit year. And also, in China they have a pig year (my brother is a pig, no insult intended lol) and here in Japan it's a wild boar.

I read once in a book translated from Chinese to French that as there are 12 symbols, all of them pair up in 3s. Every signs that are on a triangle are the ones that get along the best. For example Dog Tiger Horse, are in my triangle. It means people 4 years older or younger than you are probably the people you will get along the beat. My grand-parents were 4 years apart too. And when I asked some of my friends or hubby's friends their signs I could see that some of the ones in the same triangle are indeed very good friends te he he. I lost that book in the flood but I think I'll try to buy it again and read it one more time. It was pretty amazing how spot on some of the characteristics of each signs were.

In Korea they use it too and we are lucky because a man dog and a woman tiger apparently is a good match. The other way round would be trouble! lol But I am just passing over what I was told

Comment

• corrin
                corrin commented
                Editing a comment
                I just assume that they would have the same "animal" calendar, how interesting that the animals are different, but similar! And phew, what a relief that you got your man dog and woman tiger the right way round!

I had to look it up - I was born in the year of the Rooster. Some of the characteristics crack me up - and are a little too close to home!!

"Rooster is almost the epitome of fidelity and punctuality." I hate being late, so this one is true. But now is gets kinda funny ...

"People born in the Year of Rooster according to Chinese zodiac have many excellent characteristics, such as being honest, bright, communicative and ambitious.(yup, all true for me) Most of them are born pretty or handsome, and prefer to dress up. (um .... ? ) In daily life, they seldom rely on others. (true - I'm very independent) However, they might be enthusiastic about something quickly, but soon be impassive. (hhmmm, doesn't look good for new years resolutions! ) Thus, they need to have enough faith and patience to insist on one thing.
              • Strengths - Independent, capable, warm-hearted, self-respect, quick minded
              • Weaknesses - Impatient, critical, eccentric, narrow-minded, selfish (not so sure about the last three, and being selfish can be a good thing)
              Seems that I should avoid relationships with other Roosters ... yeah, that might say a lot ... my ex was born in the year of the Rooster, as well.

Comment

• corrin
                corrin commented
                Editing a comment
                Isn't there a saying about only one rooster in the hen house?! lol!
            Working...
            X