Party time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party time?

I am wondering if everyone has New Year Party plans? How do you spend tomorrow's evening? Is it special for you or is it just another night staying cozy at home?
    I'd love to hear how you spend it

We usually have a small gathering with really close friends, and do our 'countdown to midnight' at like 8:15 pm so that the kids can partake in the revelry. We go to bed early and then get up early the next day to go skiing.

This year though, we've decided we're going to spend New Year's Day at home, the planned party's a little bigger (one or two extra couples and their kids), and I think we're going to play Minute To Win It games.

Comment

• jimbojambod
      jimbojambod commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like the idea of countdown to midnight for kids! I have to suggest it to my brother! I have to check the game you mentioned. I haven't heard about it before

We hang out at home with our boys, have snacks, and watch a movie. Now that I type that out it sounds an awful lot like a normal night.

My Gallery

Comment

• jimbojambod
      jimbojambod commented
      Editing a comment
      oh not it does not! actually it sounds like my kind of fav evenings! sometimes the simplest things are the ones you remember most!

We stay at home with the kids. I do a special dinner, we watch tv and play board games with the kids. They really love that !
    [ SHOP ] [ BLOG ] [ FACEBOOK ]

Comment

• jimbojambod
      jimbojambod commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet they do! I love board games but do not have many friends who share this passion but there are so many amazing ones out there and it is great to do sth different and laugh! It looks like you're having a great evening tomorrow

Hubby and I will be home alone. Kids are all out and about but we still recovering from the flu and jetlag.
    I do hope everyone loves what they do to celebrate.

Comment

• jimbojambod
      jimbojambod commented
      Editing a comment
      oh no flu! I'm always sick around Christmas/ New Year so I know how you feel! Get well very soon

We're spending the night with friends and their friends that we don't know yet, it should be fun!

Comment

• jimbojambod
      jimbojambod commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yes, new people! It sounds like fun!

We don't have a set tradition. I prefer quiet. I have been sick and we are leaving for Tahoe on Jan 2 and there is a lot to do.
    -----KRISTA-----

Comment

Well my Hubby's birthday is ALSO New Year's Eve- so we usually host a birthday/nye party. This year, we got home late last night from Mexico- so some friends offered to host the party instead (hallelujah!) The kids have just left for the lake house with the inlaws- so catching up on laundry, email & such is on my to do list today. Hubs & I will go out to a bday dinner then to our friends for a party. I doubt we'll be out too late, or drink that much- since we are recovering from our week in mexico! No mas cerveza por favor

Comment

We let my oldest stay up late to watch the London fireworks at midnight (which means I also stay when when I might otherwise go to bed!) - and then on New Years day we go for a walk in the same place every year (it is usually pretty cold, and they have a snack shack at the start, so we all get a hot choc or ht apple drink, and that helps get the kids excited). To be honest, it is usually pretty muddy, and the walk takes us past an old armoury which has large mounds of earth, so an unofficial "who can get the muddiest" competition seems to happen every year too!

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          Starting the year off with mud and a little bit of exercise sounds like an excellent family tradition.
      Working...
      X