Least favorites - the holiday version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least favorites - the holiday version

When I was in high school, our choir sang a song called 'The Twelve Days After Christmas'. It was an excellent poke at good intentions gone awry. Along those same lines, and all the 'favorite this' and 'favorite that' posts floating around, I'm here to ask about your least favorites. You know, the ones you could never, ever hear, do or eat again and still lead a happy life....

What's your least favorite holiday song?
    What is your least favorite holiday activity?
    What is your least favorite holiday cookie?
    Last edited by corrin; 12-29-2017, 06:01 PM.

Love this!

What's your least favorite holiday song? Christmas in the Northwest- SO stupid
    What is your least favorite holiday activity? probably shopping with the crowds- I prefer shopping with no other people! I usually do most of my shopping early, but you can only go to the grocery store so early...
    What is your least favorite holiday cookie? sugar cookies. I'm a molasses/gingerbread girl!

Comment

• shelbelle
      shelbelle commented
      Editing a comment
      I love gingerbread/molasses cookies too!

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I dislike crowds too, but always, not just at Christmas. And no, I'm not agoraphobic.

I'm with you that sugar cookies are not great .... bland flavor, and overworked dough makes them even less pleasant. We put the zest of an orange in our dough and that helps the flavor quite a bit. And then serve them with fancy orange buttercream. Yum.

I love this!

What's your least favorite holiday song? If I never ever heard Christmas Shoes again it would be just fine with me.
    What is your least favorite holiday activity? I hate dealing with putting up the tree. Really, really hate it.
    What is your least favorite holiday cookie? Peanut blossoms. Give me a gingerbread or molasses cookie anytime.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know that I've ever heard that song or tried those cookies. And I feel you on the tree. I love having it in the room, but would be totally find if it was just the tree (I like mine really scraggly) and a string or two of white lights.

hmm this is quite tough! But I think I have figured it out...

What's your least favorite holiday song? I like holiday music, but some of the oldies start to irritate me after a while, the one by Slade where he yells "It's Chriiiiistmaaas", and Silver Bells. I haven't heard of the ones any of you have mentioned, and I'm a little afraid to google them!

What is your least favorite holiday activity? Cooking! I don't really enjoy cooking the Christmas dinner, or that my kids will still want another dinner in the evening, and the next day, and everyday there after....!

What is your least favorite holiday cookie? Honestly, I don't think people don't really go for holiday cookies that are any different over here! I like all the ginger cookies that appear, but that is about all that changes, so I'm happy with most kinds of cookies all year round!

Comment

I know the holidays are officially over, but i"m still hearing the occasional tune while streaming music at work, and it got me to thinking ...

What's your least favorite holiday song? Toss up - Frosty the Snowman ... or All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey (so totally over-played)
      What is your least favorite holiday activity? Trying to buy a gift for that one person who has everything ... and when you ask, the say they don't want anything. Ggggrrr!
      What is your least favorite holiday cookie? Not a huge fan of sugar cookies (but love shortbread!)

Comment

Working...
      X