New computer, new problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer, new problems.

My computer bit the dust on Black Friday. It's been acting up for a bit, but I was really hoping that a good cleaning, etc, would solve the problem. Nope. So I had to get a new one. Since it was Black Friday, I got a pretty good deal, which made me happy. What is not making me happy is how long it is taking my drop box to sync up. It isn't done yet. It's been ten days, I think, and it is still syncing. Granted I have a lot in my dropbox, I use it as a back up storage, but really 10 days. Is it me or is that just nuts? First thing I am going to do when I get it synced is clean some stuff out of it. LOL

That sounds nuts, but horibly familiar! We upgraded something or other not long ago (I really have no memory for those technical terms!), and when we did our first back up after/to that, it took FUR-EVEEEER! Days and days and days! I hope yours gets done soon!

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Corrin. I am hoping that it may be finished up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Sounds familiar too. I have Crash plan and it took weeks to get it all back. I have more than 1TB so obviously that was a pain when I had HD problems. Good luck!

Comment

I'm curious how it went Lorie? All better now? I have crashplan & they are discontinuing their home service- I'm debating on what to change to still...

Comment

• Lorie
        Lorie commented
        Editing a comment
        I started downloading it on December 3rd and Santa gave me an early present last night when it finally finished. LOL Keep in mind though that I did have over 59,000 files for it to download which made me realize I need to do some cleaning up of my dropbox.
    Working...
    X