Too Soon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Soon?

One of my local radio stations is already playing holiday music all the time ... and yes, I'm listening (in the car and now, at home, while I'm scrapping)!!

What, too soon?!

Lets give it one more week. Poor Thanksgiving always gets skipped over like it is chopped liver.

My Gallery

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree! I like Christmas music, but in the car on the way home from Thanksgiving!

While I LOVE Thanksgiving, I already am listening to the siris Holiday stations in the car! We are decorating the house this weekend (but only because we are out of town for thanksgiving!)

Comment

none of the shops here have gone crazy about Christmas yet, but I did hear a Christmas song on the radio the other day and loved it! I might break mine out very soon!

Comment

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, we've had holiday stuff out for a few weeks now - it's everywhere!

NO
      -----KRISTA-----

Comment

We'll start in December here. Too much else to do...
        ]e

Comment

I love Christmas music and I admit I have been humming it around the house already but I don't actually start listening to it until the car ride home from Thanksgiving .. and then constantly until Christmas!
          Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
          Save

Comment

Well here in Japan, they don't have Thanksgiving so it was Christmas... before Halloween lol
            Both are only really just super commercial events for them. None have a true meaning, especially for Christmas where they mostly spend it with the boyfriend or girlfriend. It's a "find a date" day lol Like Valentine (don't even start me on Valentine here lol). Family gatherings are for the new year here. That's why Christmas is not the same.
            We try to have friends at home around that time but it might not be for Xmas day sometimes. I miss Xmas with family so I try to have people around at this time of the year to have a somehow same Xmas feel.

Comment

I just put up my fall decorations on Friday, and I'm not ready to swap them out for Christmas ones yet!

I will admit though, that a few weeks ago I got myself a little 4-foot-tall living Norfolk pine (a tropical Christmas tree), so I guess _technically_ I've got Christmas decorations up.

Comment

So listening to music this morning and I step out to grab breakfast (of all the times for the fridge to die, it's now - when I've got a freezer full of stuff for Thanksgiving - AND the apartment maintenance team doesn't work on the weekend!), and as I'm walking out the door, I hear the music still. And then I realize: my neighbor is also streaming the holiday music this morning! Yay!

Comment

• Hillary
                  Hillary commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry about your fridge, that blows.

• Kat Hansen
                  Kat Hansen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, kinda sucks. Was out all night, so things defrosted. Called the emergency guys and 5 minutes before he arrives, it starts again ... for no reason. Two hours later, after I've re-stocked, it went out again. I've called and am waiting again and guess what?! 20 minutes later, it's working again.

I give up.

• Hillary
                  Hillary commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It sounds like you'r fridge is drunk. Maybe you should take all of the alcohol out. LOL

No Thanksgiving here so Christmas decorations are starting to show up. Not at my place, though, and I'll wait some more until I play the Christmas music. I've started to plan my Christmas trip(s), though, but that's because I have a lot going on and I need to coordinate everything!

Comment

I've done some shopping since we are traveling for Thanksgiving and I want to drop off the presents there (rather than try to ship them), but we aren't doing much else until Friday. Then it's nothing but Christmas!!!!
                  Save
                  Save

Comment

I don't start listening to Christmas music until Black Friday when I start to decorate for Christmas

Comment

It would be for me. I'm a "one holiday at a time" kind of person BUT I broke my rule a bit this year.

One of my favorite groups, Tonic Sol-fa, started their holiday tour last Friday. We usually go to the last show in their tour, which wraps up just before the new year. Unfortunately, they're not having a show at our favorite venue this year and our schedules are jam-packed, so we went last Friday night instead. It was super fun (as always) and they even debuted some new music, which I loved!

Comment

Working...
                      X