Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 5 food facts

Do you like to cook?
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins?
    How many recipes do you follow per week?
    Who does the dishes?
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep?

Do you like to cook? No, but I like to eat, so have to cook.
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Crumbed chicken, microwave cheese sauce and steamed veggies
    How many recipes do you follow per week? None, maybe once a month or so, tend to go for same old every time.
    Who does the dishes? Hubby, that was our agreement before marriage, if I cook he cleans.
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Squishy stuff or getting flour under my fingernails. Tactile defensive much?

Comment

Do you like to cook? LOVE it! (especially on the weekends when I have extra time!)
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Tacos (original, right?)
      How many recipes do you follow per week? Usually none during the week, but on the weekends usually one or two
      Who does the dishes? My husband and I alternate (*swoon)
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Cutting up fresh veggies and herbs
      Save

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        It's awesome that you love to cook! Send some enthusiasm my way?
        I will cut the veg and herbs for you any day.

Do you like to cook? no, I would except no one eats what I cook, so why bother
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? prepared salmon fillets from the grocery store - just throw in the oven and enjoy when done!
      How many recipes do you follow per week? none, I can't cook!
      Who does the dishes? We use paper plates so I don't have to clean up either hehe!
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? touching raw meat - ugh!!
      Save
      Save

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you, hate when my peeps moan about the food I have cooked, or don't finish it (clearly they never grew up being told about the starving children in China?) or total worst! throw the veggies away.

Do you like to cook? I didn't until we started getting Hello Fresh/Home Chef boxes, now I like to cook with my husband.
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Tacos or Nachos
      How many recipes do you follow per week? Usually about 3-4
      Who does the dishes? Me
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Touching the raw meat. Gag. Barf. Die.

My Gallery

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish we had these chef boxes, they do sound amazing!
        I don't mind the raw meat thing though, and we hardly ever have tacos, weird hey?

Do you like to cook? yep
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? I've got a couple: One-pan Lemon Chicken with Roasted Asparagus, tacos (the kids do 90% of the work, so this is probably my favorite, and theirs too), chili, tostadas, Cobb salad ... it depends on what's in the fridge
      How many recipes do you follow per week? I rarely follow recipes to the letter, but probably 3-4 times a week I use a recipe as a starting point (we try a lot of new things)
      Who does the dishes? Sometimes me, sometimes DH, and sometimes they sit until the next morning
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? cutting the skin off of fish

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that you have a variety of easy meals.
        I hate waking up to dirty dishes, probably my biggest pet peeve.
        And totally agree re the fish skin thing.
        Not great fish eaters this side of the Atlantic.

Do you like to cook? I don't like to cook, I LOVE to cook.
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? I've got two: Honey Dijon Salmon and Fiesta Lime Chicken (an Applebee's copy cat recipe).
      How many recipes do you follow per week? It depends on what's going on that week. Usually 3-4 and I love to try new recipes.
      Who does the dishes? Me, one of the pitfalls of being a single gal.
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? I hate cutting onions. I still haven't figured out how to do it so I don't cry.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I could be adventurous and try new recipes, the idea of it is fun, I love recipe books and can get lost online looking at recipes.
        If only i could see the recipe and click something to have that meal delivered to the door in time for dinner that would be amazing.

Do you like to cook? Meh... not so much
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? risotto
      How many recipes do you follow per week? Maybe one, tops
      Who does the dishes? The dishwasher! LOL I do, the Man cooks.
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? onions, I always end up looking miserable!

Comment

• shelbelle
        shelbelle commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I'm not the only one who hates dealing with onions when cooking!

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you get risotto done in 30 minutes, chloe? Is the rice still crunchy?

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Risotto does seem like a fancy long process, maybe we need some tips and secrets you use?

Do you like to cook? I love love cooking
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Any grilled fresh fish with a salad on the side. We always bake fish with almonds.
      How many recipes do you follow per week? I aim to try a new recipe each week. This week it was a gluten free apple cake.
      Who does the dishes? The dishwasher
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Anything if I'm cooking when I'm tired.
      ]e

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I would rather cook that do most childcare tasks so that helps too.
        A new recipe per week? Where do you find them?

• shelbelle
        shelbelle commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't speak for Carolyn, but my favorite sites for tasty, easy-to-make recipes are Mel's Kitchen Cafe and Iowa Girl Eats. I also really like Pinch of Yum and A Farmgirl's Dabbles for recipes, though their recipes can be a bit more time intensive.

Do you like to cook? eh, I like to bake but I'm a decent cook- probably is no one in my family likes anything- picky picksters
      What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? chicken ceasar salad- cube up chicken & cook in a pan with olive oil & seasoning. Dump in dressing when cooked through- dump over salad!
      How many recipes do you follow per week? eh- not many unless I'm baking cupcakes- but I've got most of my frosting recipes memorized!
      Who does the dishes? usually me- hubby will after dinner some nights. We've trained our kids to take their dishes straight to the dishwasher
      What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? cutting onions/peppers. Or asking what they want & no one will make a decision!

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that the picky eaters make meal prep so much less fun.
        I can even chop onions and peppers no problem, hate spicy food though.
    Working...
    X