Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 5 food facts

Do you like to cook?
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins?
    How many recipes do you follow per week?
    Who does the dishes?
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep?

Do you like to cook? No, but I like to eat, so have to cook.
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Crumbed chicken, microwave cheese sauce and steamed veggies
    How many recipes do you follow per week? None, maybe once a month or so, tend to go for same old every time.
    Who does the dishes? Hubby, that was our agreement before marriage, if I cook he cleans.
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Squishy stuff or getting flour under my fingernails. Tactile defensive much?

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      hmm that is how I feel about cooking. I do it, it is fine, but my eye is on the end result the whole time! I DO like to bake - cakes etc though, probably because the end result is so good! And my in-laws have that cook/clean trade off, and he always cooks and then she cleans up!

Do you like to cook? LOVE it! (especially on the weekends when I have extra time!)
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Tacos (original, right?)
    How many recipes do you follow per week? Usually none during the week, but on the weekends usually one or two
    Who does the dishes? My husband and I alternate (*swoon)
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Cutting up fresh veggies and herbs

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      It's awesome that you love to cook! Send some enthusiasm my way?
      I will cut the veg and herbs for you any day.

Do you like to cook? no, I would except no one eats what I cook, so why bother
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? prepared salmon fillets from the grocery store - just throw in the oven and enjoy when done!
    How many recipes do you follow per week? none, I can't cook!
    Who does the dishes? We use paper plates so I don't have to clean up either hehe!
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? touching raw meat - ugh!!
    Save
    Save

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you, hate when my peeps moan about the food I have cooked, or don't finish it (clearly they never grew up being told about the starving children in China?) or total worst! throw the veggies away.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      oh the paper plates, I wish I could get away with it! In the summer I often resort to plastic cups for ease (although I am wondering about paper ones instead) - we just get through SO MANY cups!

Do you like to cook? I didn't until we started getting Hello Fresh/Home Chef boxes, now I like to cook with my husband.
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Tacos or Nachos
    How many recipes do you follow per week? Usually about 3-4
    Who does the dishes? Me
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Touching the raw meat. Gag. Barf. Die.

My Gallery

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish we had these chef boxes, they do sound amazing!
      I don't mind the raw meat thing though, and we hardly ever have tacos, weird hey?

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      we don't really eat much meat (that I have to prepare) except chicken, and I have to wear gloves, I really can't bear to touch it anymore!! My teenager thinks it is hilarious!

Do you like to cook? yep
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? I've got a couple: One-pan Lemon Chicken with Roasted Asparagus, tacos (the kids do 90% of the work, so this is probably my favorite, and theirs too), chili, tostadas, Cobb salad ... it depends on what's in the fridge
    How many recipes do you follow per week? I rarely follow recipes to the letter, but probably 3-4 times a week I use a recipe as a starting point (we try a lot of new things)
    Who does the dishes? Sometimes me, sometimes DH, and sometimes they sit until the next morning
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? cutting the skin off of fish

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Love that you have a variety of easy meals.
      I hate waking up to dirty dishes, probably my biggest pet peeve.
      And totally agree re the fish skin thing.
      Not great fish eaters this side of the Atlantic.

Do you like to cook? I don't like to cook, I LOVE to cook.
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? I've got two: Honey Dijon Salmon and Fiesta Lime Chicken (an Applebee's copy cat recipe).
    How many recipes do you follow per week? It depends on what's going on that week. Usually 3-4 and I love to try new recipes.
    Who does the dishes? Me, one of the pitfalls of being a single gal.
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? I hate cutting onions. I still haven't figured out how to do it so I don't cry.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I could be adventurous and try new recipes, the idea of it is fun, I love recipe books and can get lost online looking at recipes.
      If only i could see the recipe and click something to have that meal delivered to the door in time for dinner that would be amazing.

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      cutting onions - I have tried a few of the old wives tales about sucking a spoon, wearing glasses, running hands and the knife under cold water - nothing works really! Although red onions are far less cry-some thank white onions for me!

Do you like to cook? Meh... not so much
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? risotto
    How many recipes do you follow per week? Maybe one, tops
    Who does the dishes? The dishwasher! LOL I do, the Man cooks.
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? onions, I always end up looking miserable!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Risotto does seem like a fancy long process, maybe we need some tips and secrets you use?

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a risotto recipe that is done in 30mins, uses Aroborio risotto rice, and cooked on the hob in a big pan with veg and stock. Is that how you do it Chloe?

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      caliten, Stefanie and corrin, I just did it today and I was done in about 30 minutes indeed. I first heat up the stock in the microwave (I know, blasphemy... but who cares? The risotto police???) while the rice is in the pan with onions and butter + olive oil. Then I add the stock a bit at a time everytime it's evaporated. I set the fire at medium (4 or 5 out of 9 on my electric stove). When it's almost done, the rice should be soft and creamy, and I add some cream, parmesan cheese... And done! Yummy!

Do you like to cook? I love love cooking
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Any grilled fresh fish with a salad on the side. We always bake fish with almonds.
    How many recipes do you follow per week? I aim to try a new recipe each week. This week it was a gluten free apple cake.
    Who does the dishes? The dishwasher
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Anything if I'm cooking when I'm tired.
    [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I would rather cook that do most childcare tasks so that helps too.
      A new recipe per week? Where do you find them?

• shelbelle
      shelbelle commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't speak for Carolyn, but my favorite sites for tasty, easy-to-make recipes are Mel's Kitchen Cafe and Iowa Girl Eats. I also really like Pinch of Yum and A Farmgirl's Dabbles for recipes, though their recipes can be a bit more time intensive.

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a collector of cook books so finding new recipes is easy. Sometimes I'll check my pinterest online recipes but still prefer the book.

Do you like to cook? eh, I like to bake but I'm a decent cook- probably is no one in my family likes anything- picky picksters
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? chicken ceasar salad- cube up chicken & cook in a pan with olive oil & seasoning. Dump in dressing when cooked through- dump over salad!
    How many recipes do you follow per week? eh- not many unless I'm baking cupcakes- but I've got most of my frosting recipes memorized!
    Who does the dishes? usually me- hubby will after dinner some nights. We've trained our kids to take their dishes straight to the dishwasher
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? cutting onions/peppers. Or asking what they want & no one will make a decision!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that the picky eaters make meal prep so much less fun.
      I can even chop onions and peppers no problem, hate spicy food though.

Do you like to cook? not especially, but it is deciding what to cook that I hate the most!
    What's your go-to dinner/supper dish to prepare in under 30 mins? Pasta probably with pesto
    How many recipes do you follow per week? no, maybe 1 or 2 a month
    Who does the dishes? the children deal with clearing the table and loading the dishwasher on a rota (but often i pick up the slack!)
    What's the worst thing you hate doing in terms of food prep? Deciding what to cook all the time, I lack imagination (or I lack the belief that they will eat things other the the usual, boring stuff!). Also, being the odd one out, I wish we were all veggie, or I was a meat eater like the rest of them!

Comment

Working...
    X