Favorite Thanksgiving Dessert?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Thanksgiving Dessert?

I am going home for the holidays and there will be 25 of us eating Thanksgiving dinner. Besides all the traditional desserts, I would like to make a healthy option for dessert too so I'm not left out this year. Do you have any easy to make (preferably make ahead) suggestions?

Keep in mind that I have a very limited ability to cook too. The turkey and side dishes will just about do me in
    Save
    Save
    Save

Healthy desert???!! I have none of those.

My Gallery

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      You made me laugh at this. Funny girl

One of my favorites is to do mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries) with a side of whipped cream. Of course, the whipped cream is usually in the form of Reddi-Wip, but close enough.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      We love berries and cool whip so not much different than you!!

I'll second the berries with whipped cream- if you make the cream yourself you can even use the Swerve (stevia) powdered sugar and just to taste to make it less sweet. I usually put some cinnamon & nutmeg in my whipped cream too for that 'fall' flavor!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh Amie, you give me far to much credit if you think I could whip it myself. I try. I honestly try. But I end up with stuff that never "whips". My mom says I need to refrigerate my bowl first, so I'm trying that this year!!

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol- Whip in metal, cold bowl is what I tell everyone too!!!

I was going to say sweet potatoes with marshmallow until I saw "healthy" lol it's sweet potatoes though right? You could add just cinnamon and maybe some I can't believe it's not butter?
    ----------MEAGAN-----------

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I do make a very decadent sweet potato casserole for my family - with lots of eggs, whipping creme, and sugar But for me, I pretty much do what you stated without the marshmallows. It still tastes good to me!!!

so I had to go gluten and dairy free - which really ruined my dessert library, lol - but a friend made me these - with dairy free chocolate and they were really good!

https://paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/...ry-free-fudge/

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      ohhhh Erin, you are seriously my hero and have saved me!!! Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart!

I'm making Mini Pumpkin Cheescakes (it's actually a Weight Watcher recipe)... I've never made them before, but I'll share the recipe if you're interested!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes please!!!! My sister is currently using WW and I'm a lifetime member so I can make this for us both!
Working...
X