Gah! Irritated at hubby!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah! Irritated at hubby!

I just got this lovely text from hubby tonight after his hockey game- "wife..." then "one is not like the other..." followed by a picture of his Right ankle- about 2000% larger than the left. Of course there are no urgent care clinics open, so he went to the ER- Broke 2 bones. Needs surgery-screws & plates.

Am I a terrible wife because my first instinct is to be irritated!? In 2016 he hurt his knee playing hockey- surgery to clean up floating cartilage and buckets of PT. We discussed that MAYBE he's too old to be playing such a dangerous sport- that lasted long- he's been skating twice a week the last few months. SO maybe THIS time I can convince him to quit & just coach our son. SMH.

Oh no, that sounds horrible (for you as well as him!) But sadly not a rare story, over here there are a bunch of dads who want to play football, they made a little team up, and played on a Tues night. Sounds fine, but then some of their older sons wanted to play too, so they did, and that is when things started to go wrong. 4 of the dads damaged something, incl my hubby who did something to his knee that ended in surgery after a long while limping around. And yet they still want to play!

I hope you can get him all sorted soon, and that he can see it is time to hang up his hockey puc!

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly- they think they are still young bucks...

As someone who has broken two bones (as an adult) that resulted in surgery to install two plates and 12 screws, four months of PT and then a second surgery to remove all that hardware 15 months later, I'm pretty confident that the majority of people don't go out *planning* on breaking bones. However, I totally get the irritated part, and the stress this will now bring into your lives. Some of them just never learn, do they?

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed! Yikes! I'm thinking this one might finally have him slowing down & acting his age at least!

Oh men!! Their head is probably as hard as wood and this injury might not even stop him... Aren't they all stubborn, or what?! I hope I am wrong and that it will finally work this time. Hopes he gets better soon!

Comment

Oh, that would be my first instinct, I'm sure! Sorry you (both) have to go through that!

Comment

I'd be irritated too! Sorry you have to deal with that!

Comment

Ohhh that stinks Amie! I feel badly for you both. Let's hope he handles recovery well, and you aren't stressed keeping him following doctor's orders
          Save
          Save

Comment

When my husband almost fell through our ceiling (but did leave a huge gaping hole) while blowing insulation in our attic my first instinct was annoyance. Lol oh and I'm glad you didn't fall through!
            ----------MEAGAN-----------

Comment

Oh dear! So I think our hubby's might be related!!

Mine broke his leg in 2013 doing bmx bike stunts (at 35??) I thought maybe that would have let him know his body just cant do what it did 10 years ago anymore - but no!! He joined a soccer league - he 'says' it is an Old Men's league - but he comes home every week torn up and bloody! And of course telling me how tired and aching he is (at 10 at night no less!) I totally get your annoyance - I find that is often my first reaction as well. honestly, i am just waiting to get that text myself.

I know they like to stay busy and fit and they really like their sports, but at what point do they start playing to have fun and not to win and destroy!?

I get you completely!

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

• AmieN1
                AmieN1 commented
                Editing a comment
                preach it sister!

I feel bad for you guys. What a bummer ... for the whole family. I hope recovery goes well! And maybe he slows down just a little bit.
              Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
              Save

Comment

Ugh. The men in my family don’t know when to quit either. Too many have been, and are, racing cars and snowmobiles, dirt bikes, or doing demolition derbies way after they turn 40.

Comment

Ouch. I hope he heals quickly. Sorry for your frustration. I get it.

Comment

Well we are about 1 week post op- and just home from a short trip to Phoenix. While it was wonderful to get away for a few days (esp to somewhere WARM!) I was a caretaker still... thank goodness for his little jazzy scooter thing- so he can get around some. He's being a pretty good sport but I am definitely getting tired of doing ALL.THE.THINGS. He knows it tho- and has been treating me super good- like 'buy yourself as many persnickety prints credits you want babe!' Milking that for all it's worth!!!

Comment

• miimsgirl
                      miimsgirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      lol, Milk it!!
                  Working...
                  X