No announcement yet.

How much sleep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably get 6-7 but I'm definitely not functioning well on it. Need a good nap by the afternoon. I'd like to get a solid 8 but I'm pregnant too so I need 8! Sounds like your body needed that extra sleep!

Save

Comment

I can function pretty normally on 4 or 5 but I find I am hungry more often. I try to get around 6 or 7 but my youngest does wake me up at least 3 times every night so it is hard to track actual hours of sleep, lol.

I have struggled with insomnia my WHOLE life - like not being able to fall asleep until 2 or 3 even when going to bed at 9 or 10 - so frustrating. But I changed my diet per Dr. orders this last spring, and now I am falling asleep within 20 minutes of laying down. I think it helps with going back to sleep when the little guy wakes me up too.

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

• chloe
        chloe commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I have never paid attention to my appetite in correlation to my sleep, but it makes perfect sense!! And how interesting about your diet. Can I ask what the main changes were? I fall asleep in like 2 minutes tops, but my man has much more trouble!

I usually get 7 or 8 hours a night. I had been having (for years!) major sleep issues (falling asleep CONSTANTLY) and always being tired. I did a boatload of tests and now I've got a CPAP. That was a surprise. Turns out I was waking up all the time and didn't realize it. I've been using it for about a month and a half and it's so weird. I'm not tired all the time anymore. I used to drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee every afternoon/evening just to be able to function AND take caffeine pills if I was going to do something. Now I only drink coffee in the morning and I actually stay awake for things. It's so weird and AWESOME! So... now I have an app that tells me how I sleep and how long I sleep so I know I sleep usually 7 or 8 hours.
      Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
      Save

Comment

Working...
      X