Ever heard of hygge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever heard of hygge?

I've been reading "The book of hygge" recently and I was wondering if you ever heard of this concept before. It's a danish word that means coziness, comfort, feeling safe and at ease. It really resonates with me right now, it's totally aligned with many concepts that are important to me in this period of my life: simplicity, organic-ness, etc. So, ever heard of it?

Nope. But I did briefly wonder if maybe it was a new superfood, or maybe something that requires an antibiotic to go away.

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Yeah, I've learned about it since a couple weeks and I still don't know how to pronounce it!

I haven't but the kindle version is only $1.99 so I think I'll try it! Goodness knows I need all the secrets to happy living I can get
    Save
    Save

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you'll like it!!

I have heard of it, but that is about all! I heard it pronounced "hug-ee", which sounds as lovely as the feeling it promotes!
    Last edited by corrin; 10-22-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Sounds an interesting concept. I've seen it recently so would love to hear how you enjoyed the book.
      ]e

Comment

I finished it last week and I loved it!!

Comment

Just recently saw it in a digital scrapbook kit for Christmas and had to look it up. It definitely resonates with me this time of year. Love the comfy cozy season. Might have to pick up the book for a new read!

Comment

I just heard the trend recently and am embracing the trend full on. Lol

Comment

I have heard of it and have really embraced it during my redecorating. I love creating specific areas in my home for specific activities, especially reading and creating, and adding in layers of textures to promote a sense of coziness for myself. I am currently looking for the perfect throws for my new family room. It is specifically for family activities, so I want it especially warm and cozy. LOL
              Save

Comment

ohh, this sounds like something I would really like right now! I need to look into it, Thanks Chloe!

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

CHLOE!!! While perusing one of our local magazines- there was this article!

Comment

• chloe
                    chloe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, cool! Sounds like the basics indeed: candles, unplug, good company, coziness...

Never heard of it, but I could totally get into that! I'm trying to organically change to minimalism and simplicity... I need to unplug, though... I struggle with that!
                  Save

Comment

I just heard the word for the first time a couple of weeks ago at from my Weight Watchers leader at a meeting. I remember that I was going to look it up when I got to the office after my meeting and then I completely forgot .. until I saw your post.
                    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
                    Save

Comment

Working...
                    X