Best Summer Moment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Summer Moment?

We are still in the thick of the summer holidays over here, and I know they are coming/have come to a close in the states, but I am wondering - have you got a "best moment" of the summer?
    Or best moment of the winter if it is winter where you live?!

So far, the best moment of the summer came for me came in early June. My niece, who is 10, took part in the Girls on the Run program, which culminates with a 5K race. She was so excited about it and seeing the look on her face when she crossed the finish line was priceless!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      wow, that is a long race, I bet she was so pleased to complete it! What an achievement! Sounds like a wonderful moment, thanks for sharing it.

Ours was definitely the road trip we just got back from! So fun! Yellowstone National Park was amazing, but also everywhere else we stopped along the way throughout Montana, Wyoming & South Dakota!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I have seen some of the pages you have made with photos from that trip, it looks like it was fantastic!!

Since I don't have kids the notion of "summer break" is never really in my head... BUT... my hubby and I got to take a last minute trip to Colorado for a week to staying his folks before he started the new job that he got. So excited for his new job (that he's loving so far!) and excited that we got to escape the heat for a bit

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds good to me, I hope you had a great time

Friday I said goodbye to some friends from Australia who were staying with me for almost a week - that was fun. I've known these two for nearly 30 years (eeek! that's a long time! LOL), and they're like family ... lots of laughter and just clowning around. Good food and good company.

Comment

We recently went to Banff and stayed in a castle (or really a hotel pretending to be a castle). All of us had a good time!! Even the moody teenager!! So that was definitely our best moment!
      Save
      Save

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        ah, my oldest becomes a teenager in 3 weeks, and I keep telling her she doesn't HAVE to be the grumpy and moody kind, aparently I was a lovely teenager, and I am hoping she will take after me (it doesn't hurt to hope, right!?!)

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohhh corrin you deserve a happy teenager!! My mother once told me that she wished I would have a daughter like me. She got her wish
    Working...
    X