Birthday Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Ideas

So my Birthday was on Monday, but with school (husband) work (me) and camps (kids) we really did not celebrate too much. We did go to a Renaissance Faire on Sunday which was fun.

As our kids are so spread out in age it gets hard to figure out how to celebrate my birthday. My husband is pretty easy - we all go play mini golf together - and we really enjoy it. But we really struggle for my birthday.

What are some things you do as a family (your own kids, or with your parents/friends/whatnot if you do not have children) to celebrate your birthday - Give me some ideas for next year!

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

I think taking a trip/day trip together is fun! Amusement Park? Beach? Picnic?

Comment

• miimsgirl
      miimsgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had us go on a picnic before - that was fun! We do all like the beach too - this year we had just gotten back from there though. These are all good ideas to save though - thanks!

we are often away on our family holiday for my birthday (in August), so I am usually able to pick our destination for that day! Sometime it is just a park, or beach, but there is uaually ice cream too

Comment

• miimsgirl
      miimsgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      This was me growing up! My birthday always fell during summer camp - which was fun in some ways. And Ice cream is good!!

This year is a big birthday for me, so we're going to do a weekend away (with the kids, and my brother, SIL & nephew) in a near-ish town that is famous for its hot springs.

Usually we're pretty low key about adult birthdays in my house. For mine, DH and the kids cook dinner and we have ice cream cake, but that's about the extent of the celebration.

Comment

• miimsgirl
      miimsgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, this is about like us too - we tend to go low key for the adults - but we do try to involve the kids - they like shopping for presents and making cards - and they really do like going and doing something - which is why I am always looking for ideas, lol. Honestly, the best birthday idea for myself would be a weekend away alone - but I don't think that would fly with the others.

I usually have a close group of lady friends that go our for breakfast or tea and cake.
    This year my birthday was on a Saturday so I hosted a dinner party with said close friends and families and it was amazing.

Comment

• miimsgirl
      miimsgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      ohh, that sounds fun! now I need to make real in person friends, lol. Actually, I am working on that - my neighbor took me out for a birthday drink - people in student housing just come and go so frequently that it is hard to make good lasting friends. I did used to do this when I lived in Asia - and now that you mention it I miss it quite a bit! Thanks for the reminder!

We do a special lunch with just my husband and I, and then another special lunch with the whole family. My diet is somewhat restricted so we gave up on having a cake, but I love the fact that they eat at my funky restaurants for my birthday without complaining
    Save
    Save

Comment

• miimsgirl
      miimsgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      oh that is awesome - I had to give up cake too - but hubby went out of his way to make me a special treat that I could eat (gluten/dairy/sugar free blueberry crisp) and it turned out delish! I had to give up whole family dinner outings for the time being - my little one gets sensory overload and totally melts down - but I hope that one day I can do that too!
Working...
X