Vacations - Active or Just Chill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacations - Active or Just Chill?

So I'm in New Orleans at the moment for part vacation, part coaching conference and I've walked nearly 10,000 steps a day for the past three days in awful heat and humidity ... and that got me to thinking: vacations - do you prefer a 'just chill' and relax vacation or an active, gotta-do-everything one? I'll admit that I do like coming back to the hotel room after walking for 4-5 hours, but I also look forward to getting out and seeing things (today was a walking tour of the French Quarter and the St. Louis Cemetery #1). Even for my coaching conference, I have three workouts on the schedule and there will be a lot of walking since the two locations where things are being held are about a mile apart. Good thing I'll be able to wear workout clothes pretty much all day! LOL

That's awesome, and sounds like a ton of fun, Kat! I like a bit of both - relaxing and getting out and seeing new things ('cause otherwise, why not just stay home, right?). My biggest thing about 'vacations' is that they not be to my parents' or in-laws' houses......because that's not vacationing, that's work.....er......visiting family.

Comment

I need a mix of both!

Comment

I like mostly seeing/doing stuff, but I like to start the day in a relaxed manner (so basically don't wake me up, but once I'm up, lets go!). It sounds like you are having a great time

Comment

I'm pretty much the same as Corrin. I need my sleep but once I am awake, let's go!!! I really hope that this week is wonderful for you. Sounds a great mix!
          Save

Comment

• Kat Hansen
            Kat Hansen commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a great time, but I was kind of glad to be back and sleeping in my own bed. However, it was right back to work the next day, so no rest 'n' recovery ... just jump right back into everything.

A mix usually - it depends on the vacation. When we went to Savannah in February we were on the go most of the time and loved it. We're going to camp for a week of vacation in August and I don't plan on doing much - LOL

Comment

I agree that it depends on the vacation. If its somewhere far away that we wont visit often- I want to see it all! However- I do like having a built-in do-nothing day within a busy vacation! If it's just a weekend out at the lake, then it's all relaxation mode!

Comment

• mocamom
              mocamom commented
              Editing a comment
              This is pretty much our approach too Aimie!!

NOLA is on my bucket list! We are going camping in August (Northern Michigan) which I'm totally looking forward to! <3
            Save

Comment

I need a mix too. I usually plan and active vacation, but right in the middle of it, I will put a spa day where I relax and get pampered. It is the perfect combination.
              Save

Comment

Originally posted by caliten View Post
                That's awesome, and sounds like a ton of fun, Kat! I like a bit of both - relaxing and getting out and seeing new things ('cause otherwise, why not just stay home, right?). My biggest thing about 'vacations' is that they not be to my parents' or in-laws' houses......because that's not vacationing, that's work.....er......visiting family.
                LOL on the "work" with family - but completely understand.

Comment

Working...
                X