Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone reflect on the first half of the year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone reflect on the first half of the year?

Twice a year, my kids and I reflect on what we've done, where we've gone, who we've seen, etc. Usually we do this July and December. It just happens to coincide with closet cleaning too so it's all very "fresh" feeling afterwards and why not reflect when everything is tidy again Anyway, we've decided we have been gone from the house too much, not had enough game nights, but also that we have listened to some AMAZING audiobooks. So, we will try to space out our remaining trips, play more games, and continue to listen to great books.

Anyone else weird like us?? And if not, can you pretend to be?
    Save
    Save

I haven't had the time! It has gone by so fast!!

Comment

I did. The first half of the year was rough for me: helping my mom recover from major surgery (she's fine now, thank goodness), dealing with major family turmoil (my brother's divorce), healing from a foot injury (it's *finally* healed), and deciding to retire (at least for now) from digiscrap designing. It wasn't easy but I'm stronger and wiser for having made it through.

I do quarterly resolutions instead of year-long ones. I've found it works better for me and I'm more likely to stick with them that way. I started fresh today with my plans for Q3!

Comment

• shannonc
        shannonc commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the quarterly resolution idea... I might have to steal that. I always seem to lose steam on my yearly resolutions about three months in so that would be perfect.

Great idea. I reflect sometimes, and I agree this year is zooming by too fast.

Comment

That's a great idea especially if you have kids!
        I try to reflect on each ear in January but it doesn't really work for me so I just reflect when I need it hahahaha

Comment

This is a wonderful idea, never did this, besides my project life books, which I read from time to time.

I always think my life is too boring, and nothing happens, since the kids are grown (only on the paper, in real they are really still baby´s ) , but especially the last month was very exicted. My daughter got her driving licence, which was a great relief for me that she passed. She and Dh started their trip to Canada today and when she comes back she turns 18. 2 days before the travell I got the right idea for her present, which she will not expect. She will get her own car and don´t have to share the one from her brother with him. We ordered it before the travell and DH will pick it up the day , when DD and I will pick up her "real" driving licence. In Germany you can make your licence with 17 and get only a piece of paper, only with 18 you get the real one . I will wrap the key in a biiig box , and since she wanted a globe, she will think it is one ;-) (which she will get from her brother by the way). So it seems one year events are packed in 2 months
          --- ASTRID ---

Comment

• mocamom
            mocamom commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! You are certainly going to make her birthday special Astrid!!

Originally posted by mocamom View Post
          Twice a year, my kids and I reflect on what we've done, where we've gone, who we've seen, etc. Usually we do this July and December. It just happens to coincide with closet cleaning too so it's all very "fresh" feeling afterwards and why not reflect when everything is tidy again Anyway, we've decided we have been gone from the house too much, not had enough game nights, but also that we have listened to some AMAZING audiobooks. So, we will try to space out our remaining trips, play more games, and continue to listen to great books.

Anyone else weird like us?? And if not, can you pretend to be?
          Ok mocamom -- inquiring minds want to know - what amazing Audiobooks have you "read"? I listen to books every morning when I'm walking and am always looking for recommendations!

Comment

• mocamom
            mocamom commented
            Editing a comment
            Shannon, I'm listening to the Modern Witch series now by Debora Geary. She wrote them a few years back and then stopped when her husband left her. It's hard to buy them now, but Audible has them so I've been listening while driving back and forth to see my mom and while I scrapbook. I homeschool so the kids and I listen to a book for 30-60 minutes each day and we have had some really fun ones this year - but they are definitely kid books!
        Working...
        X