Father's Day 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day 2017

Well it is done and dusted. How about you guys? What did you do? How did you celebrate? How many layouts do you make? Do you do for a family album - or per child? Inquiring minds want to know.

My daughter has already booked all of the family albums as well as her own, my sons are less interested but I live in hope that their spouses might want them someday?
    This will probably go into my daughter's album as it is about her and her Dad and the gift we got him.

We woke up in our tent. We were camping. We enjoyed coffee and hot cocoa around the fire. It got warm fast so the Kids and I hit the lake while Daddy closed down camp. We visited the ILs and went swimming.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a lovely relaxed day, Krista.

We were on our way home from an out of town weekend getaway with friends (no kids allowed!) Once we got home, kids gave hubby his gifts (homemade stuff from school) and I gave him his present- a ladder! lol! We had a pretty relaxed evening- we were a bit under the weather from a too-fun night before!

I usually do a layout of his gifts & such and it goes into our yearly album. I don't do separate albums except vacations & such.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      That also sounds wonderful. I think we should do more grown-up stuff.
      And a ladder sounds perfect too.

We had a low-key day. My brother and his kids came up in the afternoon and we grilled steaks, lobster tails, and shrimp for dinner. After all the craziness of the past few weeks, it was nice to have a calm, low-stress day.

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Calm and low stress sounds pretty good as well. I think I need to schedule some of that during the school holidays soon.

We don't do anything for Father's Day... other than chat about Cheyanne's dad and I try to remember something from when he was alive to tell her about since she was only 2-1/2 when he died and she has no memories at all to speak of. I did visit my dad for a few minutes as he and my mom were on their way out of town that day Oh, I did scrap quite a bit though!

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Marie, that sounds fabulous. Love that you enrich her life with your memories, am sure she will treasure them also. And you got to see your Dad - that's super too.
Working...
X