By the Pool Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the Pool Recipes

I am in search of quick, healthy recipes I can bring to the pool to eat when we order pizza for the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love pizza but I can't be eating it all summer long! lol
    Do you have a yummy salad or wrap recipe to share?

What about some rice paper roll ups. We usually fill with a prawn, carrot, some greens etc. Then just need a sweet chilli style dipping sauce. I make these ahead and everyone seems to enjoy them.
    ]e

Comment

• mariewilcox
      mariewilcox commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL - I was just going to suggest spring rolls too We eat them often in the summer when we're on day trips because they're good "finger" food. This is my favorite recipe (for the sauces and the wraps). http://www.themostlyvegan.com/veggie...dipping-sauce/

• kristallund
      kristallund commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds delish!! TFS!

If you like green salads, one of my favorite salad recipes is super easy. Throw rotisserie chicken (cubed), cooked penne pasta, romaine lettuce, shredded Parmesan cheese, and kalamata olives together in a large bowl. Mix and add Italian dressing. I usually let each person add their own dressing so the salad is still good the next day.

Comment

• kristallund
      kristallund commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds yummy!!

I am horrible at actually doing this, but often tell myselfI will just chop a bunch of veg/salad into sticks and take a pot of humous! (carrot, celery, cucumber, breadsticks, peppers, broccoli, mushroom).

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      We do this quite often. Homemade humous too is so easy to make.
Working...
X