Tired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired

Hi. Totally not scrapbook related, but does anyone get MAJORLY tired before their monthly? Lately, it has been so bad and I'm just dragging. I'm most definitely not pregnant, but it feels like that level of exhaustion. Just curious if anyone gets this level of tired before their monthly. Thank you in advance for sharing!

I definitely find I am more clumsy and introspective, almost have my own little dark cloud over me and then the hormones equalise and all is fine again. Just take the time out and self care to refresh and restore your equilibrium and maybe get those iron levels checked? that can also cause exhaustion.
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

Yes. It's worsened as I've gotten older and it doesn't help it's usually coupled with insomnia too.

Comment

I am not sure it's related to my cycle in any way... but I am finding in the past 2 months or so that I am just way more tired, in general, than normal. I used to put the kids to bed and sit down on the couch to watch TV/movies w/ the hubs and I'd sit and work with my laptop for a few hours every night. Lately, though, I am literally falling asleep sitting up while doing that. It's the weirdest thing ever. And I'm so exhausted all the time. I actually took a nap last week #NotCommonOrNormalForMe hahaha ...I'm just chalking it all up to "being in my 40s," I guess? All those many years of running on fumes are finally catching up to me, I guess. LOL
        ~ Laura ~

Comment

With my crappy hormones acting all crazy all the time, and my infertility treatements messing with them even more, and me being especially sensitive to hormonal changes, yes, I can often feel more than usual when TOTM is coming. And emotional. And bitchy. And aggressive And pimply (is that a word? it should be for me anyway!). And bloaty.Add to that getting older like Laura and Michelle mentioned, and this--> is me! LOL You're not alone, sisters!

Comment

• shannonc
            shannonc commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG Chloe I FEEL YOU!! I am on a break from my fertility meds and my skin is FINALLY clearing up (it went BONKERS with pimples... which just seems unfair at my age) and I'll have to start up again in a few months which means return of the zits. Ugh. And I'm a complete crazy person too - ups and downs and tired and energetic and happy and sad all at the same time. It's nuts. YOU are not alone, my dear.

• chloe
            chloe commented
            Editing a comment
            shannonc actually my skin is better with some treatements than "au naturel". I always say that I used to look a lot like my mom. Well, since I'm TTC I also look a lot like my dad (and his beard) and my little brother when he was 15 (Holy Mother of Pimples!!)! I'm my whole family all at once!

I was always exhausted around my period and my doctor chalked it up to hormones and a particularly heavy flow. I don't miss that at all!
          Save

Comment

I'm like a crazy person with AF comes to town. It's actually kind of funny - in a horribly annoying way... I'll have a few days when I get REALLY down, REALLY tired, and just REALLY want to give up on the entirety of life. For some reason, I am surprised every time this happens... like clockwork... every month. And then like two days later the light will dawn and I'll be like "Oh. I know what this is." and everything will be fine. But yeah... totally get tired. Zzzzzz....

Comment

I did and thought the tiredness would be gone. Nope, now it's hot flashes keeping me awake so that I'm tired the next day. So. Not. Fair!!
              Save
              Save

Comment

• Kat Hansen
                Kat Hansen commented
                Editing a comment
                So glad I don't get those - at least not on a regular basis. Had just a small handful and oh boy! Phew. Mine tend to be first thing in the morning, right when I get out of bed - I guess my body is waking up and it just kicks into overdrive ... and then some! LOL

I'm with Michelle - insomnia. Ugh. My cycle is all over the place right now (gotta love getting older - not!), 4 weeks ... or 4 months! LOL The insomnia is the only warning sign I have of impending doom. Mind, you, I'm currently work 10-12 hours days at the office, and have a 1-1.5 hour commute each way ... you'd think I'd just crash out when I get home.

I actually get wiped out on the back-side of everything and get anemic from it. Tested this with my OBGYN with blood tests - week after, iron counts are below the low end of 'normal', like really below. Takes my body about 7-10 days to bounce back.
              Last edited by Kat Hansen; 06-09-2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much for everyones responses. I read them all and appreciate everyones input. Being a woman can be hard huh?

Kat Hansen are you talking about getting more anemic at the end of your cycle? I'm thinking that is something I need checked as well. I've always had problems with being anemic and hypoglycemic, but the middle of cycle towards the end, and a few days after, I am so sluggish and yuck feeling. Seems my cycle is just getting worse as I get older. Urgh.

Thank you again for your responses!

Comment

• Kat Hansen
                  Kat Hansen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, at the end, well, after, for a few days. My OBGYN noticed that I was very pale and tired ... and, by chance, I had had some bloodwork done that indicated my iron counts were a little low, but still within acceptable ranges. He did another panel, just a few days after my cycle had finished and I guess whatever iron storage I had / have in my body ... gone. We tested this twice, just to be sure ... and yup, I pretty much flip flop between being borderline anemic and actually anemic, depending on the week of the month. At first we put my lethargy down to the insomnia that I always - like always! - experience 2-3 days before starting, but once everything's underway (so to speak LOL), I usually crash and sleep for 8-10 hours straight to catch up (I usually get about 5 hours of sleep a night, so 8-10 is huge!). I was put on horse-pill-sized iron supplements for six months to get things back on track. Now, my iron is just generally low - really low, but I'm going through changes, so it's hard to tell what might be causing it now. Of course, I love me a good steak, so I'm not complaining if that's what I have to do to get more iron via natural food sources!
              Working...
              X