Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy dance! My London spring break album is off to print!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy dance! My London spring break album is off to print!

I'm doing a happy dance! I wanted to share with you guys because I know you'll understand my excitement.

I sent my London spring break vacation album off to print at Blurb last night! Plus I sent it off to print in time to use their 40% off coupon. LOVE that! If anyone wants to check out my book, or read about my design process for vacation albums, check out my post on my blog here.

Now that this album is off to print (and my 2016 family albums are off to print) I can now start scrapping 2017. I can't wait! ... Now to start shopping for some pretty new TDP digi kits to scrap with!
    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
    Save

Barbara, how many pages did it end up being?

Comment

Originally posted by Kat Hansen View Post
      Barbara, how many pages did it end up being?
      Hi Kat! It ended up being 67 interior pages plus the front and back cover. I wish I had it back already. Yup. I'm super impatient.
      Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
      Save

Comment

Oh it is so exciting waiting for a book to come back!

Comment

That's awesome! I'm trying valiantly to finish up a trip album from last summer.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Will you share when you finish it?

• caliten
            caliten commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course, I will and I have been sharing my pages, Barbara Unzen, since I've been printing them out and stuffing them into page protectors as I finish them. It's my family trip to Europe last summer. I can't share all the pages here since some are made with products from non-TDP designers (I know, gasp), but I do post them all to Pinterest.

Looks amazing. Really makes me want to start working more energetically on our last travel album.
          Save

Comment

• Amson
            Amson commented
            Editing a comment
            Barbara Unzen how do you find Blurb? I need to find a new printing company as the company I loved closed a couple of years ago and I haven't printed since.

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Amson ... I print everything with Blurb. They're awesome! Just got to www.blurb.com

They run discounts with some regularity so definitely check that out!

• Amson
            Amson commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Barbara Unzen. I'll definitely check it out as I have my album for last year just about ready to go. Thanks!

What a great feeling! Off to take a peek at it!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            Still (im)patiently waiting. It's supposed to be here this week though so I don't have much longer to wait.

I saw it on your blog yesterday, it's Ah-mazing! So many gorgeous photos and moments!
          [STRONG]---------- MARIBEL ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

I think I mentally responded again

I absolutely LOVE LOVE your vacation album Barbara Unzen ! You have always made incredible vacation albums. Thank you for sharing!

Oh and I think I remember you saying that you make your own templates correct?

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Sabrina! Yes. I make my own templates for these things.I know this is totally a clean and simple style, but I never know what photos I'm using etc. so I always start from scratch. I just created a 24x12 blank template and put the guides where wanted them (so I could always make sure I had at least the 1" border around it all). Then I put in the spot for the mini page titles I used throughout so it would always be there and made styles of the two different strokes I used. By doing those simple things I could make sure it remained consistent.

Of course when I was all done with the book I'd used a 3pt stroke on everything. I was looking at it with my daughter and we decided 3pt was too small and we liked 5 pt. Yes, only a 2 point difference, but it changed it a bit. I had to go back and change each and every photo in the book. Good thing I could just do it while I was watching tv. LOL!

amazing !

Comment

Working...
        X