Dream job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream job?

If you could pick your dream job, what would it be? (if you are retired, what would you have been?)

I like doing what I do, but I would lead Weight Watchers meetings, and get back into designing scrapbook graphics... I would love to have a more flexible schedule and use my creativity

How about you?
    Save

oh man! event planning?

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the job I have now, but I'll tell you what: when I was a kid I wanted more than anything to be an orca trainer (not dolphins, it had to be orcas). Then I grew up a little (okay, I was in middle school) and decided it'd be cool to study great white sharks from inside one of those metal shark cages. Yet somehow I ended up as a meteorologist. Go figure.

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        haha, for a while I fancied being a monkey trainer, no other animals (although I would have accepted dogs at a push!). I thought it would be helpful to be so specific/specialized!

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        corrin, monkey trainer. My brain keeps cycling back to this at the oddest times and it makes me chuckle every single time. Maybe we could have taught your trained monkey how to ride my trained orca. That would have been quite a show.

Travel photographer or news correspondent or archeologist or ...... Too many exciting careers out there.
      ]e

Comment

I always love become stay at home mom or a teacher. I was a teacher before married and now baby sit my sweet lil girl, I am happy with what I do know.
        Calista's Stuff

Comment

I think I'm in my dream job now - Director of HR ... I work with a great team, who have an awesome and somewhat off-the-wall sense of humor (perfect for me!!!!), and I have the leeway to shape the department. I got a compliment from the COO the other day, and he said I'd make really good Program Manager. Cool! That said, if I could afford to stay home and be creative all day and not have to worry about paying any bills ... well, that would be awesome.

Comment

Same as Kat, being paid to do what I want would be awesome! LOL More realistically, I love my job (PR and communication) even though the conditions in which I do it are sometimes less than ideal. If I had to change, though, I'd love to become a photographer. The only thing I'd be freaked out about is to be an independent. I mean, I'd love to be my own boss, but I LOVE the security of a paycheck!

Comment

Dream job for me would be getting a paycheck to do nothing! Okay- maybe I could still scrapbook all day, bake some cupcakes & continue to take care of my family. I guess I do have a pretty easy/great job now- doing all of the above, plus working ~~just enough~~ to pay our mortgage (but I really do like being a dental hygienist too- it's just a tough job on your body!)

Comment

I'm doing my dream job right now! I'm a graphic artist for our local library and also for a local print shop. Love both jobs equally! If I could change anything, I think it would be to reduce my hours slightly.

Comment

• corrin
                  corrin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ooh you lucky lady, well done for living the dream!

I quite fancy being a window dresser for a short list of shops that I like (and part of that would include being able to take home some of the products - I could find a reason why it would help me display them better! lol!). It would only be part time because I love being at home, but it would enable me to feel no gulit at all about hiring a cleaner and maybe an occasional chef! Ahhh, sweet dreams!

Comment

I think my dream job would be writer. If I could bring home a decent salary writing my poetry books that would be heaven.

Comment

Wow, this is a tough one for me because there are so many things I love to do but I think I know a way to combine two of them. I would own a shop called "Scrap Your Art Out" where I would sell sell/teach/design scrapbooking stuff and sell/teach/design quilting stuff as well. My favorite part of the job would be designing patterns.
                    Save

Comment

• corrin
                      corrin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fantastic name for a store!

I would love to be well off enough to be permanently retired and comfortable. I loved my career as a technical writer, but work gets old. I'd rather spend time working in no-kill animal shelters ensuring animals are socialized enough to be adopted into loving homes.

Comment

Working...
                    X