Boy Birthday Parites!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy Birthday Parites!

My son just turned 8yrs, and we are planning his birthday party, he would like to go and do laser tag, which sounds good to me! Even though I will not have to do very much, I am still kinda dreading it, because he and his friends are such hard work! Are all little boys like this? Loud, busy, all over the place?!

I am curious, what was your best or worst ever birthday party story? Tell me some funny stuff if you can, something to help me keep my sanity as I "manage" 6 not-so-little wild creatures for a few hours!

I never loved the noise and mess that parties created. It is less messy at a venue - we have done laser quest, paint ball and swimming parties.
    Yes boys are all like that, totally normal.
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      so glad it isn't just me then!!

We stopped having/hosting big birthday parties because my kids were kinda 'meh' about them. The last one we did for my son was at our local recreation center - they did all the setup and cleanup, the games I planned went over so-so, more than one person brought their other kids who weren't invited (so I had to pay for each extra kid since we'd exceeded our prepaid amount), but the kids got 2 hours of playtime on a huge indoor playground. It was great. And I didn't have to clean my house.

Worst ever birthday story? When my daughter turned 5 we hosted a party at our house. One mom dropped off her semi-feral 4-year-old with an 'I'll be back in two hours'....didn't want to come in, didn't even introduce herself or offer her phone number in case there was an emergency....which just seemed to odd to me since we didn't even know them. But, same party, another mom showed up with her terribly-behaved 4 year old AND 2-year-old (and even more poorly behaved) twins. She was so busy making sure her twins didn't fall off the terraced walls in my back yard while the kids were playing outside (all the parents were outside watching the kids) that she (and everyone else) completely ignored her 4-year-old who had come back into the house AND OPENED ALL MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY PRESENTS, including tearing the toys and stuff out of the original packaging. I was shocked, and the mom was like 'eh, whatever. You know how kids are.'

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, what a nightmare!! I can't believe people brought their siblings and expected them to be able to stay, that seems so rude, but the unwrapping the presents is awful - and the mum doesn't even sound bothered!! wow!

I think the funniest bday party snafu I can remember is actually for my step daughter's bday party. I think it was for her 5th bday. I made her a Barbie Doll cake, but also a cake shaped like a heart. The kids had been chatting about sneaking a taste, but I told them to wait for the party because the cakes were all decorated so beautifully!

Well, I went through the kitchen at one point and there was a huge chunk taken out of the heart cake. I was immediately mad. I called them to the kitchen and both absolutely denied doing it. Here come the dog sauntering through the kitchen acting like nothing was amiss... with a chunk of chocolate on his snout! Lol!

It was so freakin' funny... the kids were relieved! Lol!
    Save

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, glad you could laugh about it!! Your story reminds me of my sister who was travelling to my mum's house with a cake for my mum on her birthday. It was about a 40min trip, and one of the children was holding the cake in the back, so it wouldn't slide around. When they got to my mum's house, it was discovered that a sneaky lick of the icing had turned into a good pinck of cake in various places around the edge, and when my sister told her daughter off, the daughter said "It is ok, Grandma won't mind, Grandma LOVES me!"!! My sister even managed to save the cake, what was a circle became a star shape, and we all laughed at the story as we ate the cake!

how fun ! my son will turn 8 too and we have planned to make a birthday party. it will his first ! I'm looking some ideas...

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not sure we are helping with ideas, except perhaps to figure out how to not have a party!

We just did the laserquest thing for my lil 6 yr old boy. And I had to drive a good majority of them in my car. I'm pretty used to 6 yr old boy talk- but when you have 5 of them together- it was entertaining to say the least! They are good boys- but when in a large group like that- I think it's completely normal for them to be a bit rowdy & 'boy'

Our worst experience with parties was my daughter's 1st year of preschool- it was her 4th birthday- we had it at a local indoor inflatable jumping toy thing and invited the entire class (to be fair- thinking that half wouldn't come because we didn't know them AT ALL!) Not only did the ENTIRE class attend, but ALL their siblings- ended up costing us a fortune for extra people, on top of the fact that we completely ran out of snacks & water! We have never invited an entire class again!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we will be transporting a car of 6 boys for 40min there and then back again, they are a rowdy bunch and mostly from my son's soccer team (who also happen to be his school classmates).

As for your pre-schooler party - again with the WOW!! I can't believe how rude that is!

I recently went to a 7 yr old boy's bowling party and the boys were CRAZY! My son is only 4 and his parties haven't been that crazy...yet!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      give him time Krista, give him time! *wink*

So it looks like we are agreed - kids parties are a nightmare, and boys are just plain crazy!

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      pretty much!

The best party I threw for my son had a fair theme. I came up with really simple games and the kids won tickets for them and then could trade their tickets in for prizes. I fed them hot dogs, popcorn, etc.... It was so successful that when it was time for it to end, no one, parents or kids, wanted to leave so I brought all the food back out, along with some marshmallows and started a bonfire. It was a lot of work for me, but it was also a lot of fun for the kids and the adults, so it was worth it.
    Save

Comment

Working...
    X