Do You Read Magazines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Read Magazines?

We will be traveling a LOT this summer, and I'm trying to load up my iPad with books and magazines. Movies take too much space on my iPad, and I will be sitting next to my 11 year old who likes to watch whatever I am (and I don't want to watch his movies!). I thought magazines would be perfect as I can skim through parts and start and stop as needed to attend to my kids. What I discovered though is I don't like magazines that focus on celebrities. I don't know who they are so the magazines aren't entertaining I also don't really like fashion and make-up (I'm weird I know!!). I do like quilting, photography, short stories, yoga, lifting gentle weights (think kettle balls and hand weights), homeschool articles, and cooking magazines with EASY to fix, everyday meals. So.... now that I'm being picky, do you have any suggestions??
    Save
    Save

Mine won't help you anyway - being in South Africa, but Your Family is one I love reading - a great mix of crafts, motivational, recipes and fashion for the more mature. We had one called Ideas and that one was even better in terms of crafty ideas and celebrations for every season. I have loads of books and ebooks on my ipad - scrapping stuff mostly and that would get me through a long trip.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of books and ebooks that discuss scrapping Stefanie? Now this sounds productive and fun!

sorry Robin, I can't help you because I don't like reading magazines. but maybe I would search something about scrapbooking to search new inspiration, lol

Comment

I love reading magazines, just sadly never do. I really wish there were scrapbook magazines like CK, SS & SBE around. That was always my favorite thing to do after a long day. Sit back and flip through the inspiration. Now that time is spent on instagram and pinterest but its not the same as a magazine. My current magazine subscriptions are Better Homes & Gardens, Country Living and Clickinmoms. Photography and home decor. My other hobbies besides scrapbooking :P

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Jennifer, do you like Clickinmoms? I love their website and have taken one class and one breakout. I saw their magazine was on sale, and almost hit submit, but I just wasn't sure. What's it like? Is it a whole bunch of professional stuff that wouldn't apply to a momtographer?

• JenniferHignite
        JenniferHignite commented
        Editing a comment
        mocamom I'm not sure yet because I just subscribed with the recent sale! I have been wanting to check it out for a while and finally bit the bullet and subscribed! I am thinking its for everyday moms that like to take photos as well as those pursuing their passion further...lets hope and see!!

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        I missed the sale since I was still on the fence. Pretty please will you let me know how you like it when you get it JenniferHignite.

I used to get Sunset Magazine, which I appreciated because the layouts in that magazine inspired a decent handful of my scrapbook pages. These days, the magazines that arrive in our house are AutoWeek (a car magazine; only the last page is worth reading, IMO), HighFive (which my kids adore, and will not put down until they have memorized the entire issue) and a variety of different hobby catalogs including Rockler (woodworking stuff) and a carefully (hah! it's more like 'you ordered from us once ten years ago so you will receive our catalogs to infinity, AND BEYOND!', followed by evil, maniacal laughter) curated selection of ones that offer remote control car/truck/airplane/helicopter/boat kits and parts.

What about Reader's Digest? I haven't read one in years, but I recall enjoying them when I did read them.

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        I do like Reader's Digest!! I need to check that out. The stories are varied enough that I felt like each issue was different!!
    Working...
    X