Anticipation....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anticipation....

Have you ordered something online recently that you just can't or couldn't wait for it to arrive?

I ordered a welting foot for my sewing machine yesterday. I know that it won't be here before Friday at the earliest, and that the mailman hasn't even been by yet today, but I'm sorely tempted right now to go check my mail box to see if it has been delivered yet. It's a sewing machine foot. And I'm, like, giddy about it.

So, what are you anxiously awaiting?

My box from Home Chef. We haven't had a food box delivered for two weeks now, and my family has been suffering with crappy meals.

My Gallery

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I know so many people who do these meal boxes, and they all absolutely love them! I hope that your next meal box arrives soon!!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      It came last night, and I have another coming on Saturday. They have been life changing!

I order my first ever patterned fabric that designed by myself. I never do this before... it get me exciting to wait the packet arrive.

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds fantastic. Where do you get it printed? I'd love to do this!

• shelbelle
      shelbelle commented
      Editing a comment
      So cool! I can't wait to see the pictures of it!

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree w/ shelbelle -- can't wait to see a photo! FUN!

I am waiting for my new homeschooll catalogs to come in. I swear it's like Christmas each spring when they starting arriving. I need to order my curriculum and I can't wait to see what's available this year!!
    Save
    Save

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that's kind of like way back in college when you'd get the physical printed course catalog and then have to pick through it to find the classes you wanted and hoping that they'd be available at the right time(s) for your schedule. I love that feeling of nearly endless opportunity, and all that potential knowledge just waiting to be learned. Fun times. I hope that you have many happy hours of perusing, and that the final decisions are easy ones.

I am waiting my printer cartridge because since few days I couldn't print photos... hahaha...

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that your printer cartridge arrives soon, and that the removal/replacement process isn't too messy.

So many people waiting for packages. So funny!

I am waiting for a dog ramp so that I can use it for our old darling to get in the car. She is old and arthritic but adores the car. Hoping it was going to be here for Easter but will need to wait until at least Tuesday now.

Also what is a welting foot. Sounds interesting....

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Bummer that you have to wait until at least Tuesday to get the dog ramp. My welting foot won't be here until Monday, at the earliest, so I will join you in waiting.

A welting foot is a specialty sewing machine foot for making cording. I am making a slipcover for a small sofa, and decided it wasn't worth the frustration of trying to make all the cording with the wrong foot.

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Calitan, I'd love a welting foot. Will have to check it out as I have some tapestry pillows to stitch up and this would be perfect. It is amazing what you can find out about on a digi board :-)

I just placed an order for some planner goodies and stickers. I can't wait for that to come!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Have your goodies and stickers arrived yet? Are they awesome?

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes thank you for asking Carrie! I got them yesterday and I LOVE them!!

our courier services are really fast, and as amazone prime customer I normaly get my order the next day, so I have no time for this impatient waiting *hahah*. BUT my children, they are ..........they always makes their orders with priority and pay high shipping costs. My daughter ordered 2 times from Korea and because she didn´t want to wait ,she payed 50 $ !!!! shipping costs. Same my son, he ordered from Amazone (where I´m a prime member and pay no shipping costs !!) with priority and payed , I think, more than the order was as shipping costs.
    --- ASTRID ---

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Kids and their impatience. It think it's pretty common across the younger generations.

we are waiting for a couple of birthday presents for my son to arrive, it is his birthday on Thurs, so we are expecting delivery any day now, and although I am fairly excited, I am more excited about how much I think HE will be excited when he opens them!! yahoo!

hope your welting foot arrives soon, I have never heard of one of those, but I think my mum had something that did that job when she covered a sofa too - I wonder what she had, and if it is the same thing, what she called it?!

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, the joy of gift-giving. I know this feeling too, when you think you've got the perfect gift and you just can't wait to see if they're going to agree.

The welting foot is for big-ish piping. There's also a cording foot for smaller piping. And a double welting foot (and a double piping foot) too.

I'm waiting for my order from Target to arrive. I had my eye on one of the Victoria Beckham clothing items but it was sold out at the three Target stores I visited. Fortunately, it was available online. Free shipping + 5% red card rebate = I can be patient.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw the *cutest* Victoria Beckham dress at our Target over the weekend. It had honeybees on it. I wish they'd had it in my daughter's size, but it's probably best they didn't since she only wears exercise clothes anymore. Nonetheless, I hope your order arrives soon!

• shelbelle
      shelbelle commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I saw that dress. It is adorable! The shirt I ordered has honeybees on it and arrived today. I can't wait to wear it to my next client meeting.

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, they had adult-sized things with the honeybees?!?! I'll have to check this out!

"It's a sewing machine foot. And I'm, like, giddy about it." ---> HAHAHAHA ...seriously, this is so me, too, w/ certain things.

I haven't ordered anything lately, so I have nothing to look forward to. *sad* haha ...I guess I should be glad I've been so busy that I am not finding time to order things online and spent money? LOL
    ~ Laura ~

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you got a cake in the mail the other day, a surprise is better than waiting for something.

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't order things online often....usually just scrapbooking prints from Persnickety. But even with those I stalk the mailbox.

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I TOTALLY stalk the mailbox when Persnickety sends something! It's the best thing ever! haha

Also, yes! Hillary, you are right! I got a surprise cake in the mail last Friday. And it's gone already. Our family demolished that cake, ROTFL. But yes, that was totally fun!

I order stuff all the time, so I definitely know what you are talking about!
    Save

Comment

So, in case you need closure regarding my sewing machine foot......it did arrive yessterday, but the package was addressed to my husband (I did order it off his eBay account, after all), and it sat on my kitchen counter until just now, when I logged in and saw the notification that someone had commented on this post. So after all that anticipation, I went and added another half a day (rolls eyes).

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! And did you rush straight to your machine and put your foot on?! I hope your piping is perfect now

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Hah, but sadly, no, corrin. I realized it was on my counter maybe 10 minutes before I had to leave to do math with third graders (I volunteer at my kids' elementary school every week), but I'm happily planning on spending my afternoon making cording (with the music turned up really loud).

I have gone a little nuts ordering things lately, I think I am an impluse shopper. I have two pairs of shoes, a pair of slippers/shoes, a tree of life sculpture, and a digital designer Tshirt coming in the next few days. Last week I got jeans and a nightgown. I am excited about all of them, but think I need to stop shopping for a bit.
      Save

Comment

I'm waiting for a box from Stitch Fix - it's like Christmas ... and no need to go to the store for clothes shopping!

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Pamie does those and it is always so fun to see what she gets.

• Kat Hansen
          Kat Hansen commented
          Editing a comment
          I was hesitant at first, Hillary, but everything I received with my first box was spot on - and FIT! Even pants! First box was a maxi dress, a versatile black top, jogger pants, a grey cardigan sweater (really light-weight and great for transitional seasons), and a tassel necklace.
      Working...
      X