Easter Dessert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Dessert

I need to take a dessert to my sister's house on Sunday for Easter and have no clue what to make. We are doing a traditional ham dinner if that helps with the suggestions at all. Oh and I am not the best cook, mostly because I would rather be doing something else, so easy to make is also a plus. So who has a fabulous dessert that I can whip up in a flash? LOL
    Save

We just made this over the weekend for my sisters birthday dessert. It was really easy and tasty. We doubled the recipe and just used a can of raspberry pie filling instead of the blueberry topping.

http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/ba..._a5y_p=2138469

​​​​Also, we used the walmart brand of cream cheese so I don't think that you would need a name brand and that helps make it cheaper.
    Last edited by Hillary; 04-12-2017, 01:12 PM.

My Gallery

Comment

Lorie I am such a bad cook, that my dish is usually the one left untouched at church potlucks!! That being said, my kids and friends love my mom's peach cobbler recipe. It's canned peaches (gasp!!), self rising flour, stick of butter, sugar and milk. I love it because it's one of everything: 1 can peaches, 1 cup flour, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of milk. Easy peasy!!
      Save
      Save

Comment

Thanks Hillary and Robin! Both of your desserts sound delicious.
        Save

Comment

We seem to require chocolate for pudding over here, so generally stick with chocolate brownies, but I like the sound of that cheesecake!

Comment

I like making these: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AQQS_z...5c3pusmv38kus/

Comment

I'm making a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting & butterscotch nests! SO fun!

Comment

This is of absolutely no help now, but we had homemade cream puffs :D

Comment

• Hillary
                  Hillary commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yum! I haven't made those in forever.

Oh that all sounds delicious. To be honest, I had a rough weekend with my mom so I stuck with something simple and familiar, pistachio fluff. I have not made it for the family in a long time, so they were all happy with it and I was happy because I whipped it together in about 10 minutes when I finally made it home last night.
                Save

Comment

Lorie - pistachio fluff?

Comment

• Lorie
                    Lorie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep. Big thing of whipped cream, cottage cheese, pistachio instant pudding, crushed pineapple and chopped walnuts. Put the first three in a bold and mix it up good, fold in the pineapple and walnuts, put it in a pretty dish and chill. I decorate with chopped nuts around the edges of the bowl and put a few cherries in the middle. I used all light or fat free stuff to make it a little better for us.

• Kat Hansen
                    Kat Hansen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lorie -- Sounds yummy ... well, except for the cottage cheese. I just can't ... the texture ... taste is okay, but the texture gets me every single time!

• Lorie
                    Lorie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Honestly, once you whip it all together, you never notice the cottage cheese. Most people are shocked when I tell them it is in there.
                Working...
                X