I love to read! Need suggestions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love to read! Need suggestions!

I have finished up The couple next door and am halfway through the little paris bookstore but I need some ideas to add to my list! I love psychological thrillers and historical fiction the most, but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Are you familiar with J.T. Ellison? She cowrites with Catherine Coulter, but also has a bunch of her own books. Her stand-alone book No One Knows is on par with Gillian Flynn, minus the creepy psycho nutjob aspect, and with a spectacular twist at the end. She's also got two different but intertwined series - Taylor Jackson & Dr. Samantha Owens (I prefer the Sam Owens series for whatever reason).

I also recently read Jane by Robin Maxwell. It's the story of Jane Porter of Tarzan & Jane fame, but she's portrayed in more far more favorable light than in the original Tarzan, but still within the bounds of the time period of the original book, and Maxwell does a much better job of setting the historical picture than Edgar Rice Burroughs did in the original.

Other suspense/thriller authors....Gillian Flynn, Liane Moriarty, Karin Slaughter, Karen Robards.....

Comment

• farrahjobling
      farrahjobling commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't heard of JT Ellison, but will definitely add her to my list =) I LOVE the idea of story of Jane, so I'll add that one too. Thank you!

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      I've read both series by JT Ellison and thought they were good. Karin Slaughter is another personal favorite of mine as well. Karen Robards is good as well. I've read the Gilliam Flynn ones and like them, but I am not sure I have read anything by Liane Moriarty, so I will be checking her out.

• farrahjobling
      farrahjobling commented
      Editing a comment
      I do love Karin Slaughter and Diane Chamberlain too

I just finished Big Little LIes by Liane Moriarty- SO good! I've heard her other's are good too- so I'm on the look out for those next!

Comment

• farrahjobling
      farrahjobling commented
      Editing a comment
      I LOVED BLL....I've read several of hers....My fave is What Alice Forgot and The Husbands secret

Just finished The 5 Love Languages today. Very insightful and I think it will be useful not only in marriages but all lose relationships with family and friends and kids.

Comment

• farrahjobling
      farrahjobling commented
      Editing a comment
      YES! I have read that and I TOTALLY AGREE that it applies to all relationships. I have to remind myself of them when dealing with my family. LOL

If you love historical fiction you really should read Ken Follett's Century Trilogy - they are super long books but are really really good.

For thrillers (not the Stephen King horror/thriller type!), I love David Baldacci's books - he has several ongoing series and a couple series: Camel Club series, King and Maxwell series, Will Robie series, Amos Decker series, and the John Puller series. I also love Nelson DeMille.
    Last edited by mariewilcox; 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• farrahjobling
      farrahjobling commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure I could do another super long set....although, 3 is better than the Outlander series. LOL I LOVED Outlander, but soooooo long!

I have heard of Baldacci. Thanks for the reminder!
Working...
X