Personal Development?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Development?

I've just finished a 2 day course at work - 7 Habits of Highly Effective people.
    I know it is a well established methodology and I've tried to read the book in the past.
    Has anyone done the course or read the book?

I found it really enlightening and will definitely rethink some of my behaviours.

I really like self-help books in general as a way to learn or change. Do you like to read to develop new skills? Has anyone got a good book they could recommend?

Oh, I am really into trying to be more organized and efficient, but so far I am mostly just trying. I have a pinned a ton of stuff towards that goal and downloaded some books, but have not finished any of them. I have a horrible case of squirrel and the books were a bit dry, so I got distracted really quick, which is why I am mostly still trying to get organized and efficient.
    Save

Comment

I'm pretty organized. Blame that on my mom. lol

I like insightful books or psych books about human characteristics, love etc.

I'm getting ready to pick up the 5 Languages of Love this weekend from the library.

Comment

I'm very organized with some things, and not so much for others. Homeschool? VERY organized. Chores? Also organized. But tedious phone calls and emails? Not so much!! I do like to read devotionals, homeschool, and photography books when we are on breaks.
        Save
        Save

Comment

I am interested in getting better about this. It seems like I am trying to do much and I am not doing well at anything. I think a trip to the Library is in order although I haven't done well with self help books in the past.

Comment

I have a hard time with self-help books- If it's not something that really interests me, I get bored & can't finish them!

Comment

I'm currently reading You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - the author has an easy, conversational style, which makes it easy to read. It's a personal development / motivational book on how to go after what you really want in life.

Comment

Originally posted by AmieN1 View Post
                I have a hard time with self-help books- If it's not something that really interests me, I get bored & can't finish them!
                Haha, this is me too I'm very organized in all aspects of my life really - probably from being a military wife for so many years. Not that I'm perfect of course and I'm sure I could improve in some areas of my life, but I really don't have any areas where I WANT to improve - at my age I really like the person I am and where my life is so, yeah, no self-help books for me

Comment

I've been reading zero waste books recently, I also read the Miracle Morning, the Konmari method... I pick and choose some things, leave many others and make my own mix. I'm back on the FlyLady train and I have to say it's been a lifesaver for me. My house is cleaner and much more organised that it has ever been, and I feel like I don't do much. The bullet journal has also helped me tremendously.

Comment

The best book I have read was The 5 love languages - not so much about self-help as it is about relationships and getting your message (of being loved and loving others) across.

Comment

I've never read it, but it's been on my 'list' for awhile! Right now I'm reading The Magnolia Story (Chip and Joanna Gaines) - inspiring and funny <3
                      Save

Comment

My husband has been really into the Strength Finder books. Each book has a code for a quiz that you can take that helps you to find out what your Strengths and talents are. He made me take the quiz in the Strength Based Parenting book to find out my top 5 Strengths...and although I didn't agree with them, my husband totally did. Strength Finder
                        Last edited by Hillary; 04-01-2017, 10:38 PM.

My Gallery

Comment

I love the 7 Habits book, even if I'm not always very good at implementing them into my everyday life. I picked up Jonathan Alpert's Be Fearless: Change Your Life in 28 Days book but haven't read it yet.

One of the best books I've read lately is Joshua Becker's The More of Less. It's all about getting rid of the things--literal and figurative--that bring you down to build the life you want. It's had a huge impact on my life. He writes the blog Becoming Minimalist, which is one of my faves.

Comment

Originally posted by shelbelle View Post
                            I love the 7 Habits book, even if I'm not always very good at implementing them into my everyday life. I picked up Jonathan Alpert's Be Fearless: Change Your Life in 28 Days book but haven't read it yet.

One of the best books I've read lately is Joshua Becker's The More of Less. It's all about getting rid of the things--literal and figurative--that bring you down to build the life you want. It's had a huge impact on my life. He writes the blog Becoming Minimalist, which is one of my faves.
                            I will have to look for that one. I am totally into minimalism. I have been weeding things out of my house and life for a while.
                            Save

Comment

Working...
                            X