It's St. Patricks Day! Plans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's St. Patricks Day! Plans?

I love St. Patty's Day! I get to drink green beer, have bailey's irish cream in my coffee & Pinch my kids all day! Okay- maybe not all day- I swear I'm sober as I'm typing this! lol!

What are your plans? Go out with all the Crazies? Stay home & make corned beef & cabbage? (blech..)

Whatcha up to today!?

I'll go first-

Kids had Lucky Charms for bfast- in which my daughter said the green milk I colored tasted different than reg milk & the son refuses milk on his cereal always- so he just had a glass. And only ate the marshmallows out of his cereal.

Now I'm sipping some bailey's in my coffee- preparing my grocery list & about to head out to the store.

Tonight we are going to Dinner (we go out every friday night)- but we are NOT going to our favorite Irish restaurant- we are going to mexican or italian probably! Regardless- A green beer is in my future!

Disclaimer: I am not an alcoholic & rarely drink- except on holidays & in the summer when it's hot & sometimes with dinner in the evening & sometimes after kids are in bed...

Comment

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      *dies laughing* at '...except on holidays & in the summer when it's hot & sometimes with dinner in the evening & sometimes after kids are in bed...' hahahaha :giggle

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Amie I LOVE your sense of humor. We would be great friends IRL

We didn't celebrate this year. No green beer in my future. No Pie for Pie Day. Someone (probably me!) is really slipping up.
    But tell me how did it get to be Halfway past March already?
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

I did a whopping amount of ZERO this morning for the kids (like, I literally forgot all about the date and so we did nothing special for breakfast). Now that I remember it's the 17th, maybe we'll go out for Shamrock Shakes after I pick them up from school this afternoon? Who knows. We're not big on celebrating St. Patty's Day, to be honest -- we're more of a "celebrate March Madness" kind of family. My guess is we will park ourselves in front of the TV with a different game on each of our 4 tuners and a pizza and maybe some fresh-baked brownies. That's about as fancy as it will probably get around these parts...
      ~ Laura ~

Comment

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well- I totally forgot to move the leprechaun trap that lil guy made (his own idea- I wasn't big on much this year except drinking! ) We're definitely a gonzaga family- so we're watching games- even going to a zags baseball game tomorrow! :D

I find this so funny, St Patricks Day is just not a thing really in England, unless you are Irish I guess! So, we did nothing. No green beer, or milk, or anything else much. There is an Irish family who go to the same school as us,a nd they wore their flag as a coat and a huge velvet green leprechaun hat - so they obviously think it is a big deal, but otherwise it would probably slide right passed me!

Comment

I've got corned beef in the crock pot, and I made chocolate Irish stout cupcakes with Irish whiskey buttercream this morning. I am really, really looking forward to eating those cupcakes. They are absolutely divine (and I make the mini ones, so they're evilly bite-sized).

Comment

• AmieN1
          AmieN1 commented
          Editing a comment
          "chocolate Irish stout cupcakes with Irish whiskey buttercream" = My kinda girl! I've made bailey's frosting with Jameson ganache before & they were Delicious!!

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          That's how I've always done them before, AmieN1, with Bailey's buttercream. But I don't like Bailey's (which is a shame because I make a fantastic Bailey's cheesecake), and I happened to have a bottle of Jameson, so I figured WTH and went with it. And I like it so much more.

not much....DS had a party at preschool that i missed
        DD1 had a Potato Party???
        We made these but with chocolate lucky charms: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404479610269290477/
        We are having Green Juice (gatorade) with dinner.

Comment

We had green shamrock shaped pancakes this morning for breakfast and I'm drinking coffee with Baileys!! We were supposed to have green smoothies for lunch per my son's request, but I forgot to buy the spinach. My son asked me if we could have them tomorrow and pretend it was still St. Patrick's Day. I don't have a problem with that so I'll fix them, take pictures, and then scrap the activities (with the disclaimer that the smoothies were on the 18th!)
          Save
          Save

Comment

We just got done having an amazing St Patricks Day!!

I got some free time in the morning while the kids were at school. Then the fun began! I went to my son's school at 1 and did a shamrock mosaic craft. Once school got out we mat up with our friends at the playground for some fun together. My son switched schools this year and one of the many benefits of the school is that he is now going to school with his 2 friends that he has had since he was 2. So, we played on the playground, in the nature area as well, ate cupcakes, drank a ton of juice boxes and had the best time together. We were there for nearly 2 hours.

We then headed home to get ready for a pizza, movie night at our friends house who also happens to live down the street. My daughter and her daughter had an amazing time playing, dressing up and making all kinds of messes. They barely watched the movie! My son also had a good time as well.

It has been an exhausting, but happy day!

Comment

We do nothing for St. Patrick's and really never have. When Cheyanne was in grade school she would wear green and her teachers would do leprechaun prints around the classroom but it's not a thing for us.

Comment

Working...
              X