PSA - Don't forget it's Pi Day tomorrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - Don't forget it's Pi Day tomorrow

We LOVE to celebrate Pi Day. Both my husband and I are math geeks so we find it funny, and thankfully the kids have inherited our sense of humor as well. Usually we do a single slice of pie (since I can't cook worth anything) on this day, but I need to do something different tomorrow since we gave up sweets for lent. One year we made a chicken pot pie from scratch, but as I've mentioned before, I can't cook so it didn't work out too well. I'm going to be looking at pinterest tonight for sure!!

Anyone else celebrate this day or we the only nerds around here?
    Save
    Save

I have no answers for you, because all I want to do is convince you to eat sweets and have pie. Ha! Ha! LOL
    ~ Laura ~

Comment

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Here Here!! I'm with her!!! Lol

Shepherd's pie?

Comment

Yeah I just want to eat pie because it's PI day. ROFL. Eat Pie, Eat Pie, Eat Pie!!!!

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Y'all are BAD!!! But you are funny and made me laugh

hmm, not that it would help much, but how about celebrating with Pi-zza this year (it starts with Pi, and is cut on the right shape!?). Or celerate in a non-food way and try doing things that start with the letter P (or I) - so watch Princess Bride while you eat pizza off paper plates, drinkeing ice cold pepsi, paint your nails pink or purple or indigo, while you are wearing your pyjamas and ice-hockey socks!?

Comment

Well I had to improvise but decided to make a "Sloppy Joe Pie". I used crescent rolls for the crust and then sloppy joe mix and cheese for the filling. The kids loved it and Eric (my husband) tolerated it But hey, I'm weird and admit it!

Save
        Save

Comment

• Kiana
          Kiana commented
          Editing a comment
          looks yummy!!!

I looooove PI day! Mostly because it's also my birthday. I ate pie for breakfast yesterday, as per usual.

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy belated birthday Shannon!! You are so lucky to have a great date for your birthday

• shannonc
          shannonc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

I picked up pie for the office Monday evening and then in the wee hours of the morning I got sick and have not been at work for two day. My office mates keep calling to see when I will be back -- they want pie.
        Save

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sorry you were sick And I hope you got some of the pie - which is known to have healing properties you know hehehe

• Lorie
          Lorie commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a little bit and that was damn good pie. My assistant who is about 110 lbs had three pieces of pie. No kidding. THREE! I call foul!!!! She eats three pieces of pie, I have a bite and I gain weight? Life is not fair.
      Working...
      X