Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What´s your favorite / unpopular houswork

Hi,

I just washed dishes and this question came in my mind.

As long as we can say we like housework, what is your favorite part or your most unpopular part ?

Few years ago, my dishwasher was broken and I never bought a new one. because I like to wash the dishes by hand.
    I don´t like to clean the shower, because it never get´s as clean as it was. We have such a limy water

what are yours !
    --- ASTRID ---

I think the laundry is my less-dreaded task, with the fresh scent of clean laundry. I don't mind ironing too much as long as I can do it in front of the tv. The one I dislike the most is cleaning the shower too, for the exact same reason as you. I've started to use citric acid, which is natural but much much more stroner than vinegar and it's pretty efficient, but it still requires a lot of elbow grease!

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      ah ok, have to try this. Can we buy this or do we have to mix it?

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Here in France you can find it in powder, you mix it with water and spray it. As I said, it works way better than vinegar but less than some chemical products, though, mostly because it's very liquid, so it runs down the shower door/walls unlike the chemical "gels". You have to wear gloves when using it, but it doesn't smell too bad (much better than vinegar on that regard, too!)

I put off, and put off, and put off dusting. Unfortunately.

I don't so much mind vacuuming though.

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the dust !!! Unbelievable this thing isn´t it ? You dust of and in the same second the dust is back. Swiffer and all those magical dust things, works for 1 minute, more than a second, but at the end the same. I have a black shiny TV Rack...I don´t have to say more !!!

I put off dusting, not sure why, I just always forget.

I don't mind any of the housework...except laundry, IT is the bane of my existence. It just never ends. ROFL

Comment

I hate to mop but go figure, I don't mind vacuuming.

Comment

I get fed up loading the dishwasher pretty quickly, and I don't really like hoovering, washing up, cleaning windows, cleaning bathrooms, the laundry, dusting, sweeping or mopping the floor. Did I miss anything out?!

Comment

My favorite Chore- as if there is such a thing- is probably dusting- we have a house FULL of dark wood/trim & I dust every few days. I love the cleaner (pledge allergy reducer) that I use & it makes the house smell so clean & look so nice!

My least favorite HAS to be mopping! Maybe it's because the nice clean look never lasts very long in this house full of kids/dog/husband! I even made a layout about it!

Comment

• Kiana
            Kiana commented
            Editing a comment
            I can relate to the wood floor struggle life. Kids and dog and hubby make that one of the hardest things to keep clean. I'll have to try the Pledge for dusting

I don't ENJOY housework, but neither does it bother me. I probably like cleaning the refrigerator the most because it stays cleanest the longest and I can appreciate the fruits of my labor :P

However, I do HATE grocery shopping. You touch the food to put it in the basket, and then touch it to put it on the conveyor belt, and then touch it to put it in the car, and then touch it to put it on the counter, and then touch it yet again to put it away. VERY INEFFICIENT!! I swear, it makes me nuts!
          Save
          Save

Comment

i dislike it all!!!!!!

Comment

I dislike it at all too. but with two children at home I must make a wash machine every day... argh.....

Enregistrer

Comment

With a family of 6, I am constantly washing and folding so that is my least favorite. I love to vacuum though, and constantly have to fight my youngest to do it.

My Gallery

Comment

• Sabrina
                  Sabrina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bow to you and my hat's off to you!! I don't know how you juggle so many things and all the house management stuff. I'm so impressed. <3

Don't mind laundry... HATE cleaning bathtubs and showers.
                ~ Laura ~

Comment

I'm a housewife's ass and hate it all..lol. I'll grin and bear the picking up, dusting and polishing. Ironing..NOPE ain't happening - nor is washing the dishes...HAHAHAHA. I pay someone to do those ( yeah we are lucky enough to have a housekeeper and just about every household in SA has one)

Comment

seriously even with only 2 kids i'm lucky if i get to my cleaning task for the day. all i ever seem to get to is pick up and put away. actually cleaning what's that?! it is so hard to actually clean with kids under your feet and when they are playing nicely or engaged in the zombie TV all i want to do is going do something for myself

if i had to pick a favorite chore it would probably be vacuuming because my husband recently upgraded the vacuum after me badgering him for months.

least favorite laundry because i can never seem to actually get around to fold it. urgh! see what i mean nothing gets done with kids

Comment

Urgh. How does anyone like housework?! I used to tolerate it but 2 kids, a dog and a full time job put me off for life! LOL.

Ironing can be tolerated if there is a good crime drama to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X