Favorite Family Friendly Game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Family Friendly Game?

I LOVE playing games with the kids, and now that the youngest is 11, we are ready for some different games (no more early childhood types). We play Yahtzee and Uno already, as well as various Sequence games, but do you have any additional ideas? What's your favorite family friendly games? (and I should tell you we have banned Monopoly in our household because we are apparently a cut throat group and this game goes on WAAAAYYYY too long!)
    Save
    Save

Mexican Train, a game that you play with Dominos, and Phase 10.

My Gallery

Comment

how about Quiddler or boggle (both are word games), rummikub or taboo?

Comment

Set. Well, I love Set but my husband hates it because it 'moves too fast'.

Comment

Scrabble & Monopoly are probably my kids' top 2 to play as a family. We've also started teaching my 9 year old cribbage but the 5 yr old boy is SO not ready for that one! He does like to play scrabble- he needs help sometimes but it's really fun to see him trying to sound out & spell his own words!

Comment

Y'all are amazing! I'm adding these to my Amazon cart now. We are on Spring Break and doing a stay-cation so this is a good time to play games!
            Save
            Save

Comment

My Kids are younger so we play POp the Pig, CArds, Connect 4, Kerplunk, CAndyland.

Comment

Originally posted by kristallund View Post
                My Kids are younger so we play POp the Pig, CArds, Connect 4, Kerplunk, CAndyland.
                Krista we did all of these when the kids were younger too! And they loved Qwerkle and Sliders too!
                Save
                Save

Comment

Originally posted by AmieN1 View Post
                  Scrabble & Monopoly are probably my kids' top 2 to play as a family. We've also started teaching my 9 year old cribbage but the 5 yr old boy is SO not ready for that one! He does like to play scrabble- he needs help sometimes but it's really fun to see him trying to sound out & spell his own words!
                  Like I said Aime, we had to ban Monopoly. It just took too long and they got evil with each other charging higher rates. Most of it was in fun, but not all!
                  Save
                  Save

Comment

• shannonc
                    shannonc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have you tried Monopoly Deal? We haven't played Monopoly for the same reason - it took too darn long - so I LOOOOVE this version. It's a card game, conceptually the same, and takes 15-30 minutes per game. Definitely check it out if you did sorta like Monopoly.

at home we love playing uno

Enregistrer

Comment

Ohhh shannonc I am definitely checking this out!! We love the game, just not the length of time it takes to play!
                    Save
                    Save

Comment

Working...
                    X