Car Shopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Shopping

Out of the blue I am in the market for a new vehicle and kinda sort bought a new Dodge Grand Caravan today. Hello crazy week! As I was looking at the overwhelming options for cars out there I was also secretly wondering what kind of car/van everyone else drives and if it is one you would recommend to a friend? Right now I have a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country and love it! Love the space, how it drives and the stow and go seating! They no longer make town and country vans, the dodge Grand Caravan is its replacement. So essentially I am trading my older model for the new modern version & I am smitten!! So let me know, what are you driving, and would you buy it again or something else!?

I have a 2010 Subaru Forester in paprika red that I bought new and I adore it. I did a lot of research before I purchased it and I am completely satisfied with it. I would buy another in a heartbeat and probably will a few more years down the road. That being said, a Subaru usually lasts a long time so it may be I drive it until it dies or I die. Which ever comes first. LOL

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      JenniferHignite commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh paprika red, that sounds pretty! I am not a fan of the boring car colors available...why don't they have more fun color options!? I would totally drive a mint or turquoise colored car

I love how you said you "kinda sort bought a new" car! That tickled my funny bone tonight! We drive our cars until they die or we need to pass them down to our kids. My husband just got a new car this year so that he could pass his 2011 Toyota Camry down to my son. We needed to pass my son's car (which was also my husband's) down to my daughter. That car is a 2005 Toyota Camry and has 297,000 miles on it. My son was quite happy to get an "upgrade" since the 2011 car only has 130,000 miles. My 2010 Toyota Sequoia only has 160,000 miles so I'm keeping it for a good many years since there aren't any other kids needing cars until my 11 year old starts driving
    Save
    Save

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      Editing a comment
      My fiancé is currently looking at a Toyota 4runner and is an avid car guy and has said time and again how good Toyota vehicles are and that they last forever! That is amazing that you have a working vehicle with 297,000 miles. y van I have now has 130,000 and its on its last leg...

We are the lucky ones who can drive every 6 month a new AUDI.
    Since my son has his driving licence he leases a car , at the moment an AUDI Q5 and this car goes back on march 20th and he get a AUDI A 5. AS he lives still at home he has the money for this big cars and mommy can drive it too
    We as parents who still have to feed our children don´t have so much money to lease a car with this level, so we bought an AUDI A 3 last year, sold it few weeks ago and also made leasing an AUDI Q3.
    Did I say that I love AUDI .

But we also had some very very very old cars when we were younger .
    I have to say I live in the town where the AUDI´s where build and here you see almost only AUDI´s on the road.
    Merken
    --- ASTRID ---

Comment

• JenniferHignite
      Editing a comment
      WOW!!! Audi sounds like the way to go It is so awesome that you live with where they are built Astrid! Where is that exactly? We live in Michigan, which is the home of Ford, GM & Chrysler so it feels good to go that route here when you have so many friends and family members employed direct and indirectly by the car companies!

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      It´s in Ingolstadt, 80 km far from Munich (what is the home of BMW *lol*)

You and I have Audi's in common, AnikA68!

My husband only buys and drives Audis, and years ago, when it was time to replace my first car (a Honda Civic), he told me that I could have any car I wanted......as long as it was an Audi. I thought he was either nuts or snobby, but I'm totally a convert now. I started with an A4 Avant (the wagon), then moved up to an A6 Allroad (also a wagon, and discontinued), and now I drive a Q7 TDI that I love, but may have to give up as it's included in that whole VW-Audi emissions thing. And lest you think we're "those people", we buy these things used, usually when they're about 3 years old and coming off their first lease.

Comment

I have a Hyundai Sonata that I just bought new this past summer. It's my 4th Hyundai so evidently I love them - LOL

Comment

• JenniferHignite
        Editing a comment
        Oh I love the look of the Sonatas! Funny how you find a brand and stick with it, and everyone has their own choice, as is evident in the comments on this thread!!

I'm on my 2nd GMC Acadia suv & LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The convenience & space of a minivan- but not a minivan! It can hold 7 people but doesn't feel like it's huge! The kids have captains chairs in the back with a 3rd row that folds down easily if needed. We have gone on roadtrips with 4 adults, 2 kids & the dog and all fit comfortably! lol! This last one we went all out & have the dvd player for the kids & all the bells/whistles. I love it so much!

Comment

• JenniferHignite
        Editing a comment
        I used to be a SUV owner but switched to a mini van in 2011. The Acadia definitely looks very roomie, which is what we need with 3 giant sized boys! The new van I got has all the bells and whistles too! Heated seats front and back seats, heated steering wheel and a DVD player for the kids! We just may never leave it...

We have a ford Galaxy, and I am not a huge fan, but cars that are big enough for 7 full size seats AND some boot space are more limited. It has been reliable and does have the space we wanted (it just feels like a bus, is hard to park, and the parking sensor stresses me out!).

Comment

• JenniferHignite
        Editing a comment
        I have honestly never heard of a Ford Galaxy before but looked it up and it is very similar in size to my mini van! The larger size definitely takes some getting used to! I have never had a car with parking sensors, but this new one has all the new age technology, Im very tech savvy but also kinda intimidated by it...lol!

Tomorrow my son will get his AUDI A5 and the Q5 returned. So the nice mama (ME !) has to clean it tomorrow :-)
      --- ASTRID ---

Comment

Working...
      X