What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing right now?

Thought it would be fun to share some of the things we are currently doing.

Currently:

Reading: Bounty by Kristen Ashley
    Watching: The Walking Dead is the only show I have seen this week
    Wanting: A new dining room table and chairs
    Listening To: Better Man by Little Big Town
    Eating: Chicken Stir Fry
    Wearing: Jean, (I always wear jeans.) a t-shirt and jacket, my typical work uniform.
    Thinking:
    This day is going way too slow!
    Looking Forward To: Going home. LOL

If you want to play along, just paste the list and fill it with your own answers.
    Save

Currently:

Reading: Something by Amanda Quick (fluff and nonsense, period mystery/romance)
    Watching: Suits and The Blacklist (and Blind Spot if I am lucky!)
    Wanting: the downstairs shower fixed.
    Listening To: nothing, the peace and quiet that descends when the kids head to bed.
    Eating: Veggie Racklett (it is like an indoor BBQ - best I can describe it)!
    Wearing: Jeans (yep, always, me too!) and a warm t-shirt, with slippers to keep my toes cosy!
    Thinking: I really AM too soft on my kids (just baked a batch of cupcakes so my daughter can take them in to school tomorrow, after helping my son learn to knit and doing laundry for my oldest that she was supposed to do herself but is doing German homework instead)
    Looking Forward To: Snatching one of those aforementioned cupcakes and heading to bed to catch up on (aforementioned) Suits etc.

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm, cupcakes!

Currently:

Reading:
    One Second After by William R. Forstchen
    Watching: Anything that involves a superhero
    Wanting: A baby... desperately... oh, and also, clarity on the direction I should take my business
    Listening To: Silence....
    Eating: Gum
    Wearing: Fleece pajama pants and my husband's hoodie
    Thinking: About how I'll be when my best friend moves away in June
    Looking Forward To: Seeing my sister this weekend for my birthday

Yikes, I don't think I'm in a super positive place right now! Can I call PMS?

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you can! We can't always be happy after all.

Oh, this is always super fun!

Currently:

Reading: Ruth's journey (the history of Mama from Gone With The Wind)
    Watching: The Walking Dead, the Chicago series (Fire, PD, Med and Justice). And I plan to catch up on This Is Us tomorrow and Friday while I recover from the surgery.
    Wanting: A baby too.
    Listening To: Cheap Thrills by Sia (and improvising a little dance party in my house!)
    Eating: breakfast, but today I'll prepare a buttermilk coconut cake that is to die for. Hopefully I'll suceed as well as the colleague that passed the recipe to me!
    Wearing: leggings, old t-shirt, ugly sweater and my inside shoes (yup, I'm on vacation, how did you guess??)
    Thinking: about everything I want to do before tomorrow's little surgery (egg retrieval for my IVF), and how great it is to have friends that are always willing to help, even if you make them wake up super early to drive you to the hospital!
    Looking Forward To: be done with the surgery

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sending you positive thoughts Chloe!

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Lorie !!

Currently:

Reading: Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts (total fluff but that's all I can concentrate on these days).
    Watching: Binge watching Shameless when I have time at night and right at this exact moment This Is Us.
    Wanting: To make enough money next week to pay off my daughter's prom dress.
    Listening To: Last song I heard this morning was Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits.
    Eating: A big breakfast burrito stuffed with apples, walnuts, raisins and seasoned with cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and topped with a bit of coconut milk vanilla yogurt. Wearing: Fleece pants and a sweatshirt - I've been working since 4:30 am (it's now 6:45) and I'll shower and change eventually
    Thinking: About money or lack thereof - LOL. It's always a struggle being the single parent. My teen daughter hopes to start working next week but in the meantime she now has her license (so insurance is more), prom coming up in May, senior photo session to pay for before August (I know it seems far away but believe me, it's expensive and we had to book last week in order to reserve a spot for the end of the summer). Also thinking about colleges - we toured her top choice last week and she loved it... excited for her but stressed at the same time
    Looking Forward To: SUMMER!!!

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      I love total fluff books sometimes. The one I am reading is smutty fluff which requires no thinking at all, and I am okay with that. Those college years are tough on us parents. I am still paying for JT's.

I'll play

Reading: TDP forums! Actually, just got done reading a 120-page 401k plan testing "book" Ugh.
    Watching: Tonight -- The Magicians
    Wanting: A pedicure (I think that's turning in a "need" vs. want!)
    Listening To: Pandora - have a Josh Groban-style mix going on
    Eating: Nothing right now - breakfast is done
    Wearing: Black flats, long black skirt, black & white striped 3/4 length sleeve top
    Thinking: I want to close my office door so I can get things done without distraction (staff are yelling "Hump Day!" ROFL!)
    Looking Forward To: A new laptop! Ordered, shipped, and should arrive tomorrow! I have a workstation, but miss having a laptop for the portability of scrapping at the couch, on the patio, etc.

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      My laptop is in the shop. I am not sure what I did to it, but the guy who is fixing it says it is a mess. LOL I wish I could design on it, but I just can't. I need a mouse and a desk and some order to get anything done. I am too easily distracted. LOL

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Lorie, my workstation is my total work horse! nice big screen, and I love it ... but my new 'baby' arrived last night. I've told myself that I have some household chores to do first, before I open the box ... but oh my, the temptation! LOL

Currently:

Reading: nothing
    Watching: This Is Us
    Wanting: Warm Sunshine
    Listening To: Down the new Apple Commercial Song
    Eating: Twice Baked Potatoes
    Wearing: work out clothes
    Thinking: Yah for Hump Day!!
    Looking Forward To: SUNSHINE

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't wait for full on spring and lots of sunshine. I need it!

Currently:

Reading: Royally Screwed by Emma Chase, which is also fluff, but it is totally my reward for having read the original Tarzan of the Apes in its entirety
    Watching: Firefly, or we will be on Friday when we next turn on the TV
    Wanting: a complex work-related problem to solve (I'm weird, I know).
    Listening To: Sheku Kanneh-Mason's rearrangement of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah (here's the video); those first few bars send chills up my spine every time.
    Eating: mmmmm, nothing at the moment, but I did have a nice 'leftovers/cleaning out the fridge' salad for lunch
    Thinking: that I should probably do another load of laundry, and clean the toilets, and mop the floors before the violin teacher shows up for lessons this afternoon.
    Looking Forward To: sitting back down on the sofa with that book and the sunshine streaming over my shoulder.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I have always loved the cello (and strings in general) - and that is a new fav! thanks for the link!

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we all need some fluff reading in our lives.

Currently:

Reading: big little lies by liane moriarty
    Watching: trying to catch up on the DVR- we have last week's This is Us, Billions, Scandal, Greys & How to Get away with Murder
    Wanting: A sunny vacation!
    Listening To: Pandora- currently my random station that has current pop, country & a little 90's alternative!
    Eating: Almonds, Raspberries & a cup of coffee! Yes... at 9:50pm
    Wearing: Jeans & sweatshirt- my usual style
    Thinking: I really should go to bed
    Looking Forward To: Spring Break! My office is closed for the week so kids & I are going to escape to my mom's house for a few days!

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      An escape sounds nice! I hope you have a good time.

Currently:

Reading: Your Family magazine
    Watching: Chicago Med, Fire, PD, Quantico, BlindSpot
    Wanting: Rain to fill the dams
    Listening To: Computer humming
    Eating: Chicken salad
    Wearing: 3/4 denims with sleeveless top
    Thinking: It's almost bed time
    Looking Forward To: Salted caramel tarts
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      Salted Carmel Tarts sound fabulous!

Currently:

Reading: Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
    Watching: Breaking Bad, Luther, Grey's Anatomy & a Dutch show called "Wie is de mol?" (I think there was a US version called The Mole)
    Wanting: To find our dream house. We've been looking for quite some time now and can't seem to find that one house we'd like to make our home
    Listening To: Ed Sheeran's new album - Divide
    Eating: Nothing, at the moment, but I've been eating lots of avocados this week. I plan on making some guacamole tonight
    Wearing: Leggings and a sweater, as usual. One of the perks of working from home LOL
    Thinking: I should probably go outside for a bit because the sun is shining, but I still have a lot to do (newsletter, blog & FB posts)
    Looking Forward To: The season finale of The Mole tomorrow night. It's kind of a big thing here in the Netherlands
    Bewaren

Comment

• Lorie
      Lorie commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Karin Slaughter, she is one of my favorite. Are you enjoying the book? I loved the mole when it was on TV here.

I'll play though I'm boring!

Reading: Mr. Crotchety by Rich Amooi (love funny books!)
    Watching: we just finished the second episode from The Hobbit
    Wanting: my kids to be happy
    Listening To: Secret of the Andes by Ann Nolan Clark
    Eating: Skinnypop (love this popcorn - it keeps me from eating burnt microwave popcorn!!)
    Wearing: workout clothes from my earlier Pilates class
    Thinking: will I ever get caught up????!!!
    Looking Forward To: playing with my camera tomorrow
    Save
    Save

Comment

Working...
    X