Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is world book day - who would you be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is world book day - who would you be?

Today is world book day! All over England, and other countries too, kids are dressing up as their favourite character from a book, and going to school. There are a a lot of Harry Potters and Alice in wonderlands too! It had me thinking, who would you dress up as, if money and complicated costume were no problem?

I rather fancy trying out a dress with a huge skirt, like Winter deBallesteros in Shadow of the Moon, but I imagine I would not enjoy all the corsetry for long, so maybe someone like Wendy from Peter Pan - wearing a nighty all day! If Harry Potter's invisibility cloak were an option, that would be fun.

How about you? Anyone fancy dressing up as the grinch for a day? Or maybe Anne of Green Gables in her puff sleeves? Elizabeth Bennett ready to dance with Darcy? Or some futuristic person? Are there walking dead books yet, any keen zombies?! Who would you be?

I have been talking about this with my girls...we were trying to put together a last minute costume that we didn't have to spend too much money on. TY Pinterest for all the ideas but they decided not to dress up.

I would like to be Katniss or Queen of Hearts.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh Katniss is a good idea, my 12yr old would probably pick her, her school don't go in for dressing up though (too old?).

This is easy for me. I'm a poet and TODAY is my birthday and I share that with Dr. Seuss so...I'd definitely be him!!! lol

Comment

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed it is thank you so much corrin

• shannonc
      shannonc commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday!!

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks shannonc

Well, that explains the pictures a friend who lives on the Cornish Peninsula posted! Her girls were dressed up as Dorothy and Goldilocks.

I don't know who I'd dress up as, but I'd be down for a steampunk get-up, especially if I could show up in the time-traveling train from Back to the Future III. Or maybe the female illusionist from The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern.

Comment

I think I would do the whole curtain dress from Gone With The Wind ala Carol Burnett. That would be a hoot!
      Save

Comment

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to look it up (the Carol Burnett bit ) - lol, oh how I wish you would!

Maybe Lessa from Dragonflight (Anne McCaffrey)? She gets to ride dragons. Yes, I'm a sci/fi / fantasy nerd. OR I'd be Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones - because she ALSO gets to ride a dragon and is just generally bad-ass.

Comment

Working...
      X