I just got some great news!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got some great news!

Okay, I need to share with someone, I am so excited! Last year I found out that I am diabetic, and my thyroid basically is barely functioning and I was quite overweight, and a plethora of other medical issues I won't bore you with. My doctor put me on a low carb diet (Ketogenic) and I go in every 2 weeks to visit with a dietitian and once a week to see the doctor, weigh in and have vitals checked. This week was the first time to have my blood work done since they diagnosed all my issues....I got a call this morning and my thyroid is working better so they have me backing off a little bit on my thyroid meds and some of my other bad numbers were looking a LOT better, but here's the big one...my A1C has dropped almost to normal range!!! So with any luck the next time I have blood work done my A1C will be perfect and I won't have to take my diabetes meds any more!!!
    ~ ScrappinRae aka Rae ~

My Gallery | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram

I have a diabetic hubby so I totally am ECSTATIC for you!!!!! My hubby has been having some great A1C's too. Good luck that you can come off those meds soon!!!!!

Comment

• ScrappinRae
      ScrappinRae commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the video!! Thanks Kiana, I was so excited I wanted to shout from the roof! So I texted hubs, but he was in Wisconsin working, but he saw the text and called me right away when he read it! He said that his face hurt from smiling so much, he was so happy to hear the good news!

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww he sounds so sweet ScrappinRae

Fantastic!! I know all about thyroid issues, and how debilitating an underactive one can be. I'm so very glad that you're getting it all sorted out though!! Keep up the awesome work!

I absolutely don't want to hijack your good news thread, but we got great news yesterday too (the kind you just want to tell everyone!!!): we have been nagging our 8yo for the past 6 or so months to close her lips when she's not eating or talking (at the dentist/orthodontist's recommendation), and when we went in for her orthodontist consult yesterday we found out that she won't have to have braces for at least 2 years since keeping her lips closed has strengthened the muscles around her mouth enough that her overbite is closing, and her top teeth are becoming less prominent, and it's even changed her side profile! Holy moly! All that nagging has saved me literally thousands of dollars!!!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      "Just keep your mouth shut, kid!" LOL That is great news for you though, and her!

• ScrappinRae
      ScrappinRae commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, hijack away! That is awesome news!!! All 3 of my girls had braces, so I can definitely understand how excited you must be!

I have hypothyroid issues too. It is such a pain, but that is awesome that you are getting some help with yours and that it is working!

My Gallery

Comment

• ScrappinRae
      ScrappinRae commented
      Editing a comment
      People that don't have the issue have NO clue really...I couldn't even get up and fill a glass of water! and between the (unknown) diabetes and the thyroid and my lack of movement (and other issues) I had put on nearly 100 pounds in 3 years. I have lost 40 pounds now since September though!

go you! i love it when hard work pays off!
    --- CELESTE ---

Comment

Yay that is fantastic news! Well done Rae and Carrie too!

Comment

Great news I´m happy for your. I don´t know anything about diabetic, thanks God, never had this in familly.
        Carrie for you too I i´m happy that all went good
        --- ASTRID ---

Comment

Awesome news, you two!!

Comment

well done ladies !

Comment

Whoohoo! Way to go girl!
              Save

Comment

• ScrappinRae
                ScrappinRae commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I'm still over the moon happy about it! :D

Great news Rae! As someone with thyroid cancer and who is pre diabetic, I know how hard you have had to work at those numbers. Congratulations on doing such a wonderful job!
              Save

Comment

• ScrappinRae
                ScrappinRae commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Lorie this was such happy news to me, I still have some burdens to conquer...I have struggled with memory problems the last few years and with my initial bloodwork they found that I have all the precursors to Alzheimer's, so that might explain the memory issues and I have struggled over the last month and a half with debilitating headaches, but I'm confident that we can come up with a solution to the headaches, the Alzheimer's thing was the biggest blow the day they gave me all my results, they think they can put a "cap" on it by me taking fish oil, but in order for that to be helpful I have to take at least 20 capsules a day or I have to drink it straight up (GAG!!!) I haven't been able to manage taking 20 capsules yet, but I am determined to conquer all of my health demons!! I hope you are doing well!

• Lorie
                Lorie commented
                Editing a comment
                When my thyroid numbers are off, I have a lot of trouble with my memory too. My doctor told me that the two were closely related, so I am wondering if you have noticed a connection there. I also have problems remembering words when it is low and it is really noticeable, to the point that my sister will ask me if I have been remembering to take my medicine.

If your thyroid was too high, that could explain some of the headaches. If it is too low, you put on weight and drag around, if it is too high, you can be a bit hyper and have headaches and stuff. A bad thyroid sucks because it controls so much of your body.

My mother's neurologist told us that eventually if we live long enough, we will all have some level of Alzheimer's or Dementia because the synapses between the brain die over time, so I try not to worry too much about that one. It is hard because my mom is in end stage dementia and that is so horribleto watch, much less think about having one day. She was always so intelligent with a sharp mind and memory and now she thinks I am her mom most of the time. When I struggle with words and memories, I just hope it is thyroid related and not any thing more.

I have my struggles, losing weight is a huge one for me, but most of the time, even when I don't feel great, I am good. After all, happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy. Much more fun. LOL

Yay ScrappinRae !!!!! I'm so proud of you my friend for sticking to your program. You are an absolute inspiration!!!
              Save
              Save

Comment

Working...
              X