Journaling Fonts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journaling Fonts?

Please, pretty please tell me what fonts you use for JOURNALING. I have some great fonts for titles, but I'm seriously lacking in ones that are appropriate for journaling. I have a few (Complete in Him and Rough Typewriter are my two favorites), but I need some new ones so all my pages don't look alike. So, do you have any favorites you wouldn't mind sharing?
    Save
    Save

I do almost all of the journaling on all of my pages using VT Portable Remington (a messy/vintage typewriter font)... and/or my own handwriting, if I need a handwriting font. But yeah, I've been addicted to using the same typewriter font for years and years now. For some reason I kinda like that it's the one thing that ties all of my pages together, I guess? Who knows. haha
    ~ Laura ~

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      She made her handwriting into a font, which I think is such a clever idea! I could be wrong, but I think it is available on the wishing well creations blog, along with some others. Here is a link http://digiscrapwishingwell.com/wish...ns/free-fonts/

• Laura Passage
      Laura Passage commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, Corrin is correct -- I have font creation software, so I just made my own font. I made one w/ my husband's handwriting, too... and a few other people's. I used to make fonts for people, but haven't really had time to do that in a few years (mainly b/c the software I used to use was quicker/easier... and then I upgraded and it complicated things right at the same time that I stopped having time to figure out newly-complicated things HAHAHA)

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      What's the name of your software Laura? I may need to invest in this and also use it to preserve the changes in Zach's handwriting as he gets older!

Fonts are those things I struggle the most. I have no sense what is good for what.
    I like fonts that looks like handwriting. My year book last year I used always Angelina, which is free here: http://www.dafont.com/de/angelina.font

But sometimes you like a font on the example, but on the layout it doesn´t look good.
    --- ASTRID ---

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm the same way! I like the example, download it, and then don't like it nearly as much on my pages. Usually only because of a couple of the letters!

I also seem to fall back on a few favourites. I have my typewriter font - SBC Distressed Typewriter
    I also use some of "fonts for peas" too, like Pea Bandit is my recent handwriting font, or Pea King Fu Manda for a more childlike one, or Pea Shelia is one I loved in the past, but there are 100s there, I get lost sometimes looking!

Comment

• AnikA68
      AnikA68 commented
      Editing a comment
      like the Pea Shelia font and downloaded. Will see if I like it too on my layouts ;-)

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh, just added that one. It's beautiful!!

I've do the vast majority of my dates in 1942 Report, a distressed typewriter font.

I usually use Leander for my journaling, but I'm using Marion for journaling on all my pages in the big trip album I'm still working on. I went to a smaller font size last year because 12-pt seemed great on the screen but way too big on the printed pages.

I also have my handwriting as a font, and it's super cool. But it's kind of odd to see my own handwriting on other people's pages.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed the same thing about the 12 point size Carrie! I got my album back and the font looks like I'm screaming at people!

• mariewilcox
      mariewilcox commented
      Editing a comment
      See, now I use size 12 font with all my DJB fonts and they are the perfect size.... once in a blue moon I'll use size 10 but not very often.

I use a lot. It just depends on the page.

But I have a few I use most.
    A Little Sunshine
    Daddy's Girl
    Grandma's Garden
    KG Miss Kindergarten
    MF Really Awesome
    MF Soul Meets Body
    Soulmaker in the Mountains

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh @Kiana!! Thank you so much for this list!! I've never seen most of these!

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      You're very welcome. LOL. Must enable the other font lovers. mocamom

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yes, enable, enable!

I have a few favorites. American Typewriter is a clean typewriter, Traveling typewriter is a bit more distressed / messy, and I love a few by Darcy Baldwin from a loooong time ago, especially DJB writes a lot and DJB Merry. I had her do my own handwriting font but I don't use it a lot, I think it changed too much since then!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I do use Traveling typewriter as well but I am checking out American Typewriter now. Than you Chloe!!

OH my- I have a love/hate relationship with these threads because my name is Amie & I am a font hoarder. Yes, I am an off-the-wagon member of fonts anonymous! I have a ton of faves- recently for journaling a few are:

Seriously
    DJB Carly Sue got Married
    KG When oceans rise
    Fonesia
    The Red Light

Comment

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      font hoarder here too ROFL

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do you find most of yours Amie? Do you buy bundles or do you just wait for free ones?

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      mocamom Most of them are free off dafont.com sometimes I get freebies of the week from fontbundles.com or creativemarket.com

Thanks for all of the great font ideas - I'm going to check them out! I have tons of "fonts for peas" downloaded - but the one thing I'm not crazy about with their fonts is the space in between each line - and with the software I use (PSP) there isn't a way to adjust it - other than create one layer per line and that is a lot of bother!
    *** Jill W ***
    Save

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I've noticed the same thing - only my issue is the space between the letters themselves. Sometimes the words all run together!

I have a ton of Darcy Baldwin fonts that I use - here is a link to grab some: http://www.1001freefonts.com/search....&search=search

Comment

I have lots but my go to fonts are usually something from Kimberly Geswein, Brittney Murphy, Darcy Baldwin or the Hello Fonts (because they are usually at the top in Photoshop CC as recently used, I just noticed today you can also mark favourite fonts with a star and show similar style fonts, note to self, press random buttons more often lol) they all have bundles available for free on teachers pay teachers. The only paid fonts I bothered to reinstall on this machine were my WWC ones, my bundle of fonts from Heather Hess and a couple of old Fontologie ones. Hugs Crystal x

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...-Geswein-Fonts
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...-Baldwin-Fonts
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...nts-And-Design
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...ial-Use-301730

Comment

Thank you mariewilcox and Lukasmummy for these links!!! I'm adding to my stash tonight
        Save
        Save

Comment

I just LOVE this thread!! And just downloaded a bunch of new fonts! Thank you ladies for your suggestions!

And as for me I tend to stick to Slim Sans because I tend to write a lot and, also, Traveling Typerwriter. But, that one I have to go super small sized.

Comment

I use/love KG Fonts mostly! Love them!

Comment

• mocamom
              mocamom commented
              Editing a comment
              Which one is your go to, kristallund?

• kristallund
              kristallund commented
              Editing a comment
              I love First Time in Forever

I've found I really like KG Fonts for journaling too!

Comment

Working...
            X