• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on your watch list?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your watch list?

I'm a big watcher generally and when I'm following a series I can be quite excessive LOL

So when I realised Daredevil Season 2 was premiering March 18, I decided to renew my Netflix collection and build up my watch list. Currently streaming are House of Cards Season 4, Gotham Season 1 and catch up on Breaking Bad last couple of seasons
    Others I'd recommend are Peaky Blinders, The Fall, A place to call home, Call the Midwife, The Night Manager and Trapped (Icelandic series). Not all are on Netflix though.
    So tell me what's the latest on your watch list?
    --- SHIVANI ---

We looooves a ton of TV shows! Our current faves are The Walking Dead, Limitless, Scandal, Madam Secretary, The Blacklist, Colony... That's all I can think of right now but I'm pretty sure there are more. Oh, and DBF loves The West Wing as an oldie but goodie!

Comment

Thx. There are a few shows you mentioned that I haven't heard of. I will watch Breaking Bad someday for sure, it's on my list. I love The Fall and need to watch season two. A new show I've been watching which I think is getting close to the end of their first season is "The Magicians". It's like Harry Potter for adults.

Comment

Scandal, DWTS, How to get away with murder, The Good Wife
        -----KRISTA-----

Comment

• Lisa Bell
          Lisa Bell commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't seen much of How to get Away with Murder since the first season. Is it the same story line or a new murder?

• kristallund
          kristallund commented
          Editing a comment
          a new murder. it is getting a little too twisted...but i am sticking with it.

If you're watching the last few seasons of Breaking Bad... then definitely watch Better Call Saul once you're finished and need a new series. It's a prequel, and we're loving it so far!

Also on Netflix, if you like a mix of comedy/action/mystery -- Psych. If you haven't ever seen it, GO WATCH IT NOW! I think it's one of the best, most clever shows that was ever on TV. I miss it so much!

We also love Burn Notice... it's a current-day "MacGyver"-like spy show that is also sort of a mix of action and comedy... and it's so, so good. We watched it from the start when it first aired on TV and were so sad when it ended after a pretty long run... but we still pull it up on Netflix on occasion and re-watch old episodes. It's worth re-watching!

Beyond that, other series that I watch on Netflix when nothing else is on... The Walking Dead (major fan favorite in our house; we could re-watch episodes forever and never get bored)... Dexter (if you like dark shows, although it's also sorta funny at times)... Arrested Development (classic, silly fun!)... Better Off Ted (loved this show so much! so funny!)... Orange is the New Black (although I was NOT a fan of the most recent season (3)... but #1 and #2 were awesome)... and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (goofy and funny and super quick to get through). Oh, and also old standbys like 30 Rock (I could re-watch those forever, too)!

~ Laura ~

Comment

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, yes, Dexter was sooooo good!!

• Shivani
          Shivani commented
          Editing a comment
          I have seen some episodes of Dexter. I found the voice in Dexter's head format of the show fascinating. Guess I should put that on the list to watch from the beginning.

• Lisa Bell
          Lisa Bell commented
          Editing a comment
          completely agree with you about Psych. It is one we watched when it was on TV. I think we have watched the entire season 3 times now. We also watched Burn Notice and felt the same as you. My kids have started watching both of these also

I found three shows that I really want to see. Damien, Blindspot & Hunters. I know Damien just started and the other two......I'm not sure if they're already on tv or not. I'm also a big re-watchers. I love to watch shows over and over again. Dexter is on that list for sure as is House of Cards & Supernatural.

Oh, The Night Manager is awesome !!!! I think I have a soft spot for Tom Hiddleston ! hahaha

Comment

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Love Blindspot too!

• Lisa Bell
          Lisa Bell commented
          Editing a comment
          LOVE Blindspot!

• biancka
          biancka commented
          Editing a comment
          Now I really have to see Blindspot !!!

I have various shows in my Netflix queue that I watch at different times. When I'm scrapping I can't watch anything "new" or too complex because I don't pay as much attention, so when I scrap I watch Grey's Anatomy, Burn Notice, Friday Night Lights, or Leverage because I've seen them so many times (but still enjoy them). I've just started watching Madam Secretary and How to Get Away with Murder. I have West Wing in my queue also - watched it years ago and want to re-watch.

Comment

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, I forgot about HTGAWM, it's great but it's one of those "need to focus on it" shows!

I'm also a hug fan of series with my man.

A lot of you mentionned I didn't know them, I think I will have a check of them.

I have some faves like Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Revenge, Black Sails, The 100, Bates Motel, The Outlanders, Game of Thrones, Arrow, Prison Break, Shameless,.... and much more. ;-)

And we just finished the 2nd season of The Knick (if you like series with medicine and research).

Comment

Originally posted by biancka View Post

Oh, The Night Manager is awesome !!!! I think I have a soft spot for Tom Hiddleston ! hahaha
          I just heard that is really good. I love Hugh Laurie, so I think I must watch it.

I am in the last season of the (old) X-Files. I used to watch it before it went off the air, and I thought I'd seen them all, but I started with Season 1 and watched straight through over the past year (when I've had time), and I realized I missed a lot of episodes, so I was really excited. There are so many of them that I love so much.

My daughter and I watch HTGAWM, Blacklist and American Horror Story together.

My hubby and I watch Bosch together and that second season just dropped last Friday, so I am trying to restrain myself from binge-watching it without him. He's not a binge watcher, so it can be frustrating. LOL. We also watch The Affair (which is supposed to have a third season).

I absolutely love Through the Wormhole and have four Netflix discs waiting for me to watch, but I haven't done it yet. The Netflix police are probably going to be after me soon.

Other than that, I don't really watch much. I have a ton of things in my Netflix queue, but I rarely get a chance to watch anything. I do go to sleep every night with re-runs of Law & Order: Criminal Intent because I've seen every episode so many times it calms my mind and allows me to sleep.
          --- KIMBERLEE ---

Comment

• chloe
            chloe commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I didn't know about the 2nd season of Bosch!! Exciting!!

Originally posted by Shivani View Post
          I'm a big watcher generally and when I'm following a series I can be quite excessive LOL

So when I realised Daredevil Season 2 was premiering March 18, I decided to renew my Netflix collection and build up my watch list. Currently streaming are House of Cards Season 4, Gotham Season 1 and catch up on Breaking Bad last couple of seasons
          Others I'd recommend are Peaky Blinders, The Fall, A place to call home, Call the Midwife, The Night Manager and Trapped (Icelandic series). Not all are on Netflix though.
          So tell me what's the latest on your watch list?

I really want to watch The Fall (since I love Gillian Anderson.). I will have to find that.
          --- KIMBERLEE ---

Comment

• Shivani
            Shivani commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd recommend The Fall totally, Kimberley. It is just so stylish and completely terrifying without giving anything away Can't wait for Season 2 And of course a big fan of GA from here X-files days and to say that whilst tearing my eyes away from Mulder is a BIG thing!!! Ha ha ha

I think I watch too much TV LOL. We no longer have cable, just Netflix, Hulu, and access to Amazon Prime. I love my silly shows, Friends, Goldbergs, Gilmore Girls, Psych, Big Bang - wish this was available other than DVD's

and then there are the mysteries Elementary, Sherlock, Castle, Blindspot, Limitless, Bones, How to get Away with Murder,

we like all things superhero here and are excited to have DareDevil back. Then of course there is Arrow, Flash, Jessica Jones I think it is called

I watch Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey, period pieces like this as I love the costumes

and I do like a few reality shows - Amazing Race and Project Runway

I don't watch all of them all the time and have been known to binge watch a few of these

Love all the suggestions. Many new shows I need to watch or rematch.
          Last edited by Lisa Bell; 03-15-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Oh my gosh we're such TV junkies. We dvr everything. Right now we're watching Colony, the Blacklist, Top Chef, Blindspot, Castle, Bitten, The Magicians, Gotham, The Walking Dead, S.H.I.E.L.D., and Flash.

Oh and we just finished Shannara.
            ----------TRACIE----------

Comment

• Lisa Bell
              Lisa Bell commented
              Editing a comment
              we just started Shannara! Hubby read the books, but I haven't. So far I really like it

• bcgal00
              bcgal00 commented
              Editing a comment
              We have the first few episodes but haven't seen it yet.

• Tracie Stroud
              Tracie Stroud commented
              Editing a comment
              It was soooo good! Like WAY better than I ever expected an MTV show to be lol. It was just really really well done, with great actors and a really generous budget lol. I'm really interested in reading the books now too.

Currently watching Leverage. Love Criminal Minds, Lie to Me, Blue Bloods, Big Band Theory and HGTV.

Comment

Working...
            X