• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you from? *SEE LAST COMMENT FOR MAP LINK*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you from? *SEE LAST COMMENT FOR MAP LINK*

And where do you live now?? It's always cool to see where everyone is at

I've lived within an hour and a half of Chicago my whole life.

I am from Utah, and I still live here.

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
      LauraBanasiak commented
      Editing a comment
      i've never been!

• Lisa Bell
      Lisa Bell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hillary, I am in Utah too! nice to know I have friends nearby. I am in Davis County

I am in the South of England (West Sussex)! I was born about 45mins away from here, moved here with my family when I was 9yrs, and although I went to uni in London, and then spent 18m around North Wales and Liverpool area, I have lived here the rest of the time! Not an adventurous soul - me!

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
      LauraBanasiak commented
      Editing a comment
      very cool! i'd love to travel to england

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to visit England some day!

I am from SF Bay Area and still live here
    -----KRISTA-----

Comment

• kristallund
      kristallund commented
      Editing a comment
      I DO NOT like cold weather AT ALL!

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I lived in SF for 3 years in my 20s. I was living in the Marina district and lost my apartment in the 1989 earthquake.
      I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE San Francisco.
      My daughter's high school spring break is coming up and she and I are going on a mother-daughter 5 day trip there the first week in April. We can't wait. We took a family vacation there a few years ago and she fell in love with SF too!

• kristallund
      kristallund commented
      Editing a comment
      oh wow. Barbara!
      You are going to have a great time!!

I'm from Switzerland, I now live 5 hours away in Alsace (NE of France). My mom is from Normandy and moved to Switzerland when she was in her twenties, and her parents used to work in Normandy in Summer and in the French Alps in Winter and move all across France with their 9 kids twice a year!, so we're not afraid to move in the family, as you can see!

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
      LauraBanasiak commented
      Editing a comment
      i'm curious, does everyone learn english or was it an optional side course?

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Europe always sounds so much exotic than the US!

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry LauraBanasiak, I missed your question! I studied in Switzerland and I had a "modern languages" option in High School, that's why I learned English. Most of the kids learn English, though, but in France they suck at it, like really bad! I don't know why, but French are terrible at foreign languages in general. My English level is above average, though, thanks to years of daily reading and writing in the scrap forums! LOL

Barbara, to us the US are a dream destination! For many Europeans, at least! LOL

I live in Jakarta, Indonesia!

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
      LauraBanasiak commented
      Editing a comment
      how cool!

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Laura ... that sounds so cool. I imagine it's quite different than here in Minnesota.

I live in Maine - not far from the coast and in the 3rd largest city (which isn't saying much! LOL). I grew up across the river from where I live now. I left Maine at 18 for college and then married my high school sweetheart who was in the Marines and we lived all over until 13 years ago when he was KIA. I then packed up the kids and we moved back to Maine to be near my family and his family. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have ended up back here because we had always planned on staying in the San Diego area once he retired.

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
      LauraBanasiak commented
      Editing a comment
      i'm sorry to hear that do you like it in maine or is it strictly to be close to family?

• mariewilcox
      mariewilcox commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Laura. I like it here (not the winters so much - LOL) - it really is a beautiful state and I love the ocean and the mountains and lakes. I might move once my parents are no longer here - they're in their late 70s and quite healthy thankfully, but I couldn't leave before they're gone because I want to be around for them as they hit their older years.

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so sorry to hear that Marie. It's important to be close to family when you can! I'm from Minnesota and hate the winters ... but I live here to be close to our families (and because I'm settled here). I lived in San Francisco for a few years when I was young and single and absolutely LOVED it, but missed all the normal everyday things with my family so I moved back. I wish we didn't have winter though!

I live in a little town called Warnsveld, in The Netherlands

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the map. Saves me getting out an Atlas.

• biancka
      biancka commented
      Editing a comment
      LauraBanasiak Thank you ♥

Amson I thought adding a map would be easier to visualize where I live

• jennV
      jennV commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know you lived in the Netherlands!!! My father goes over there all the time (he is a physical therapist) and a lot of people he works with are over there. He LOVES it over there (he's first generation Norwegian). We all love it because he comes back with the BEST cheese everytime!!! I have to say as well, it's one of my favorite countries to visit as well.....

i'm in the middle of germany. frankfurt/main. but i lived pretty much everywhere in germany. northern shore, (southern) bavaria and now in the middle.
    for myself i can consider living much anywhere as long as i'm able to take the hubster, the dog and my cats. and have amazon shipments. :D
    Loving it here <3

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
      LauraBanasiak commented
      Editing a comment
      lots of europeans here at the digital press!

• Barbara Unzen
      Barbara Unzen commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Germany! I've visited a couple times. My mother is from Germany and her whole family still lives there. Most are from the Bottrop area. I've also got an uncle in Koln and another in Trier. What a beautiful country!
      We've got a German exchange student coming to live with us in April too.

born, raised and still living in Belgium :D
    We live in a small town in Oost-Vlaanderen, a half hour from Gent or Sint-Niklaas

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      How small is your small town? It must be beautiful!

I grew up in a tiny town in western Washington state- Onalaska. I went to Dental Hygiene school in Eastern WA & met my hubby while still in school. After graduation- we moved back to western WA (Olympia area) for 6 years- got married, bought a house, had 2 kiddos- then my MIL offered to be our nanny on the days that I worked = no daycare fees! We sold our house & moved back to Spokane, WA (eastern WA- close to the idaho border). We have wonderful weather over here (far less rain than western WA!)- all 4 seasons & gorgeous mountains/lakes/trees!

Comment

I am from Calcutta, India and now live in Mexico City - almost as far away from India as one can be! lol

Previously I've lived in CA, Chicago and London.

Comment

• LauraBanasiak
        LauraBanasiak commented
        Editing a comment
        wow! world traveler, huh?

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. You've lived lots of places. What's your favorite place Pallavi? Do you think you'll move back to India some day?

I'm currently in Oregon in the USA (about 45 min south of Portland, in the state capital of Salem). Before that, though, I grew up (most of my childhood, anyway) in Michigan and was living there until we moved here 3+ years ago. So I was probably about 2 hours away from you, Laura (we used to come over to Chicago all the time)!
      ~ Laura ~

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        We're thinking of a taking a family vacation this summer to Seattle/Portand. Any must see places you'd suggest? I've heard it's beautiful there!

• Laura Passage
        Laura Passage commented
        Editing a comment
        Barbara Unzen -- I guess it kinda depends on what you like to do? The Oregon coast is probably a must-do, no matter what. But then it might depend on whether your family is the outdoorsy type or not? Portland and Seattle both have lots of great outdoorsy-type things. If you're into mountains, you've got Mt. Rainier in Seattle and Mt. Hood in Portland. If you're going to Seattle, I'd definitely hit up the Pike Place Market area (iconic area, and pretty fun/interesting!). If you like zoos, we love the Oregon Zoo in Portland (one of my favorites, because it's really well-done for a smaller zoo -- and the size is great b/c it's not so big it's impossible to get around, but it's still got a great selection of things to see). Hmm... what else? Lemme think on it.

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm dreaming of a trip to Portland, Oregon this summer. My hubby always wants to stay in CA, but this year I'm forcing us to branch out! Love your suggestions Laura!

I'm living in Belgium (like Sabrina) but on the otherside of the country. The country is so small that it is only 3-4 hours to go from west to est. ;-)

Comment

• chloe
        chloe commented
        Editing a comment
        Avec ton prénom je me doutais que tu étais francophone!

I grew up in the Denver area and I live here now....but I spent 9 years in So California for College and Grad School....sooooo happy to move back home =)

Comment

Working...
      X