Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD Journaling Challenge

What's your story?
    Hope you all are enjoying the week of fun, games and scrapping at The Digital Press. Dina and I are thrilled to be hosting this challenge during the NSD.

So what's the challenge?
    It is something I often personally struggle with. And I'm sure some of you do too. Its all about how to get your story out there. The simplest way is to just put it down - let those words flow. Sometime they come easily; other times not really. I have tried my hand at different ways to circumvent this. For example, in my layout for this challenge I have used WAs, journaling strips, traditional journaling on paper and even created a word art to suit my story!!!There are other ways too - try journaling on different medium - vellum for example, a combination of texts and elements to tell your story e.g. instead of writing heart or love you can use a heart shaped element.

Credits: 100% Mommyish - Real Life in Pockets:Love you Harder and Templated trio 1 and 2.

Now take a look at the tip Dina has shared with us which is when she is out of words, she looks for lyrics of her favorite songs. What a great way to get emotions documented! Here's a layout from her.

Credits: Southern Comfort by J Barrette

So that's all you need to do. Prepare a layout which emphasises your story. If you want to use one of the ideas above, good!!! or you can choose an entirely new technique/style from your own.

Now for the boring stuff
    1. All pages must use 100% TDP products (including freebies)
    2. Pages must be uploaded to the Gallery
    3. Link them here in this thread by midnight EST Friday, May 8, 2015 and last but not the least
    4.Have fun making them!!!!

A random winner will be selected to receive a $5 gift certificate to Mommyish's store here at TDP.
    http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Mommyish/

Let those creative juices flow!!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

For more NSD fun, please visit NSD 2015 List of Challenges and Fun.
    Last edited by bao; 05-05-2015, 12:53 AM.
    --- SHIVANI ---

yes ;-) Thank you for the work done Shivani !
    --- DINA ---

Comment

I always want to do a page with the story center stage but it's just not happening. I'm in for this challenge!

Comment

love this!! I need a push to do something more heartfelt, but I always hesitant.

Comment

Alina , Sabrina, I would love to see your layouts. Got for it!!!!
          I too hesitate sometimes, but only a good piece of journalling completes it for me. I always imagine my layouts as how they'll be read by my kids later so journalling is a must
          --- SHIVANI ---

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that's key Shivani. I too think about my kids reading my pages later so that gets me to write something. That's usually what's going through my mind too when I decide whether I want to scrap a photo ... do I want my kids to remember this down the road? I like to throw in the Honeys and Sweeties and Sweetie Pies and Buddys and all the little names I call my kids so they'll remember that too (and maybe even kind of "hear" me talking to them) down the road.

I can not wait to see some layouts! To me journaling is the best part of scrapbooking. I will get a layout done this weekend for this challenge!

Comment

I try to always journal on my pages even if its only a couple of sentences xx

Thought I'd play along with a pocket style page xx

~ Gallery ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest ~

Comment

• Shivani
              Shivani commented
              Editing a comment
              This is fun Vicky. Love how you have placed WA strips along the pocket page. Thanks for playing

i seem to always rush my journaling...i need to let my story take center stage some times.

Comment

I've really been inspired lately by Ali Edwards' pages and how some of her pages have more journaling than photos or embellishments. So I've been trying to do more story telling lately and not focus ONLY on the decorative things. I still like to make my pages pretty, but I'm trying to make the journaling just as important and not just a "eh...I suppose I should write something to go along with this..."
              http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...8/2015Feb2.jpg

Comment

• AlinaLove
                AlinaLove commented
                Editing a comment
                love, how casual this is!

• Shivani
                Shivani commented
                Editing a comment
                I love the messy stamps and of course your handwritten journaling. Thanks for sharing

Originally posted by mommyish View Post
              I can not wait to see some layouts! To me journaling is the best part of scrapbooking. I will get a layout done this weekend for this challenge!
              Super Leah!!! Can't wait to see it
              --- SHIVANI ---

Comment

Beautiful layout Amanda !
                --- DINA ---

Comment

Here's mine

Comment

• Shivani
                    Shivani commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love how you have conveyed the emotion with so few words. What a sweet photo

• Kiana
                    Kiana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you!

just what i needed for a little pick me up :-) thanks for hosting this, shivani!

Comment

• Shivani
                    Shivani commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ooohhhhhh!!!! I'm bowled over. Love love love everything about it from the torn photo strips to the cute elements and stamps you've used to embellish.Annnnd of course the jourmalling. What a way to document this!!!! Into my favourites

• AlinaLove
                    AlinaLove commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, thank you so much, Shivani! It was fun making this one! Also happy that I will remember this for a very long time now :D

Here is one from me!

Comment

• Shivani
                    Shivani commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Super Leah. Love the journaling...exactly my thoughts - good friends are indeed a blessing whether they are right next to you or miles away!!! Thanks for sponsoring and playing

Thank you for participating in our NSD challenges! This challenge has come to an end. Looking for more fun? Don't forget to check out our monthly challenges: Drawing Board: Challenges

Winners will be announced on or before Tuesday 5/12 -- and will be posted in the NSD forum and also included in our shop newsletter. Not a subscriber? You can subscribe here: The Digital Press Newsletter

Comment

Working...
                  X