NSD Recipe Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD Recipe Challenge

Happy NSD!!! I love this weekend! I remember back in 1997 when I had my first Creative Memories party ... I told my dh that I was only doing this for a friend. :D And here I am almost 20 years later still scrapping and LOVING every minute of it! My challenge is one you are probably very familiar with ... a recipe challenge. I will give you a list of things that have to be on your page and it is up to you to determine the outcome! Ready to get started? Ooohhh, but you probably want to know what you are playing for?!? How about a gift certificate to Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs!! So now you are ready?!? :D

1. In honor of NSD and the friends we have all over the world, pick a picture(s) of a friend.
    2. Do some type of photo editing to your pic (mine is b&w).
    3. I want to see at least 5 different patterned papers on your page.
    4. Add some stitching.
    5. Throw some type of paint splatter on there.
    6. Add a banner, confetti, etc. as a "decoration" to our celebration of NSD.
    7. Make sure you journal, date and shadow your layout.

The rules for our challenge are simple:

1. Create a page (or card - whatever!) using 100% TDP products (including designer freebies).
    2. Load your layout in the Challenge Gallery no later than midnight EST on May 8, 2015.
    3. Link your layout here in this thread.
    4. Don't forget to share the ad you used for inspiration!

A random winner will be selected to receive a $5 gift
    certificate to Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs shop here at TDP.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Have fun and enjoy NSD!
    Last edited by Heidi; 04-25-2015, 10:54 AM.

From Netti who rocked it!

image_427.jpg
    Last edited by Hillary; 04-30-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Fun recipe! I played along and I might have just used a string for my banner/confetti. I hope that is ok.

My Gallery

Comment

• AlinaLove
        AlinaLove commented
        Editing a comment
        Fun, that you met Laura!

Scrapping my BFF! (hope it's ok I used beads rather than confettis, that's already pretty festive for me! )
      Last edited by chloe; 05-02-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• AlinaLove
        AlinaLove commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the kit and how you used it! Pretty!

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the way that you dolled up the template with the paint and elements, and I like that you did the date stamp twice like that.

• chloe
        chloe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks girls!

Actually Hillary, the date stamp comes that way in the kit, I just re-colored it but I thought it was adorable!

Here's my layout! Our sunset was gorgeous the other night! I edited my photo to darken up the houses/landscaping so the sunset would 'pop' & used confetti & sequins as my 'sprinkles' :D

Comment

Such pretty layouts!

Comment

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous!! What a fun challenge!

Comment

I edited my photos to add contrast and pop the colour a little.
            proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

• Hillary
              Hillary commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this the template again but flipped? I love the stitching that you used.

Thank you for participating in our NSD challenges! This challenge has come to an end. Looking for more fun? Don't forget to check out our monthly challenges: Drawing Board: Challenges

Winners will be announced on or before Tuesday 5/12 -- and will be posted in the NSD forum and also included in our shop newsletter. Not a subscriber? You can subscribe here: The Digital Press Newsletter

Comment

Working...
            X