NSD Ad Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD Ad Challenge

Happy NSD everyone! Erin and I are excited to be co-hosting an Ad Challenge.

Whether you see an ad in a magazine, newspaper, or billboard or if you see an ad pop up on your laptop; ads are everywhere. Have you ever seen an ad and thought "That would make a great scrapbook page!" Well that's the theme of our Ad Challenge.

We are challenging you to find an ad that appeals to you in some way (design, color, theme ... whatever!) and create a scrapbook page inspired by that ad. You can use the ad I chose for my layout or you can use any other ad that appeals to you.

Here's a page I created along with the ad that I used for found to use inspiration:

(LO created with Sugarplum Paperie's On My Desk kit.)

When I came across this ad I immediately thought "Facebook!" What a fun way to highlight some of the little snippets of life that are shared on social media. As you can see, I went with a pretty literal copy of the ad. Erin on the other hand changed it up a bit more. I'm anxious to see what you come up with! (Remember, feel free to use a completely different ad if you want - just share with us the ad you're using!)

Here's the super fun page Erin created:

Hi everyone!
    I absolutely LOVED the ad Barbara chose. I was so inspired by the blocked design of the screenshot images and how it all centered on a focal theme. I used those ideas to create this page

(created with Griddles Template Album by Simply Tiffany Studios and March 2015 Collab by Karla Dudley and Anita Designs)

The rules for our challenge are simple:

1. Find an ad that inspires you (or use mine if you would like).
    2. Create a page (or card - whatever!) using 100% TDP products (including designer freebies).
    3. Load your layout in the Challenge Gallery no later than 11:59pm EST on May 8, 2015.
    4. Link your layout here in this thread.
    5. Don't forget to share the ad you used for inspiration!

A random winner will be selected to receive a $5 gift certificate to Simply Tiffany's shop here at TDP.

We can't wait to see what you come up with! I know I had a lot of fun looking for an ad and creating my page. I hope you do too!

Have fun and enjoy NSD!

Barbara
    Last edited by Barbara Unzen; 04-30-2015, 02:14 PM.
    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
    Save

Hi all! I thought I'd share … I've been asked by a couple of people how I got the Facebook screenshots I used on my page. Usually when I use Facebook posts on my pages I will use a screenshot that I take from my iPhone and then I pull that onto my page.

For this page I used screenshots from my Mac. I didn't do it from my laptop for any particular reason. Well, actually, now that I think of it, I did it from my laptop because I was going to take so many screenshots and I didn't want to have to transfer them all from my iPhone to my laptop. Lazy I guess! LOL!

If you can do a screenshot of just a portion of your screen that's the easiest. (On a Mac that's CMD+F4). If you have to screenshot your entire screen you can either crop it up in PS and pull then pull that onto your layout OR you can pull the entire screenshot onto your LO and then clip it to the shape you want to use.

I hope this helps!

Barbara
    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
    Save

Comment

he he! I am one of the gals who asked! now I want to go try it! Thanks Barbara for the inspiration!

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

I love that idea!
        Loving it here <3

Comment

i decided to participate dh is now all into his longplayer covers and searching for something that i can scraplift :D he's just so sweet all in for the idea :D
          Loving it here <3

Comment

Originally posted by AlinaLove View Post
            i decided to participate dh is now all into his longplayer covers and searching for something that i can scraplift :D he's just so sweet all in for the idea :D
            I can't wait to see what you come up with Alina!
            Barbara&#x27;s Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
            Save

Comment

TDP KL JAN2015 love this everyday by KristaLund, on Flickr

Comment

• miimsgirl
                miimsgirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, nice! i just LOVE all those happy faces! It goes right along with the happy colors of the kit!

I've got an ad picked out that appeals to me. Will post my page in a bit. Fun challenge!

Comment

I was inspired by the photos of different moments in time and the blocking

~ Gallery ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest ~

Comment

• miimsgirl
                  miimsgirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WOW Vicky! LOVE all those happy photos! - and your little man there is TOO cute!

Originally posted by kristallund View Post
                This is super cute. I love the blocked style! Those colors are awesome!
                Save

Comment

Originally posted by VickyD View Post
                  I was inspired by the photos of different moments in time and the blocking

Vicky ... what a great idea. I love that you did a page with a bunch of places you've visited. What an awesome idea for a page. That Seuss quote is perfect to!
                  Save

Comment

• VickyD
                    VickyD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you xx

What a terrific challenge!! You guys are rocking it!

Comment

I took my inspiration from this, converted my photo to black and white and added just a little pop of colour.
                    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

Comment

• miimsgirl
                      miimsgirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      he he! LOVE it Stefanie! So fitting in so many ways!

Originally posted by Stefanie View Post

I took my inspiration from this, converted my photo to black and white and added just a little pop of colour.
                    What a fun page Stephanie!
                    Thanks a lot ... now I've got that song stuck in my head (with your words!). LOL!
                    Save

Comment

LOVE seeing all these - Thanks so much for playing everyone!

created using gorgeous goodies from creashens

Comment

Working...
                      X