IN FOCUS 2019 -- WEEK 8 -- WORRY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN FOCUS 2019 -- WEEK 8 -- WORRY

Are you ready? It's time for our 8th photo prompt of IN FOCUS 2019...

We think that this one will be reaaaaallly interesting (and yield some extra interesting and varied responses!), given that it's less tangible than some of our previous prompts... so we're excited to see the results! This week, we simply want you to take a photo related to the word...
    WORRY

That's it! Easy, right? As you go through your week, simply find something that fits that word (hopefully something that actually helps you capture this particular chapter of your life, if you look back on it in a year, or 5 years, etc.)... snap a photo... and then follow the instructions you'll find HERE IN THIS THREAD so you can come back to this thread, start your own post down below, and share your photo with us!

Then, make sure you check back again next Monday for our next photo prompt of IN FOCUS 2019!

~ Laura ~

Worry for me..is being a parent when someone gets hurt. Today my youngest was using my laptop and he laid it down awkwardly and it toppled back and clocked him in the eye, so he has a little shiner by his eyebrow and spent some time with an ice pack...

Comment

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch.He seems to still like the laptop anyway.

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Poor guy!

My poor baby girl has an ear infection- the bright red ear. She HATES her ears touched normally, so it sadly got pretty bad before we noticed. Poor puppy! Let's just say puttin ear drops & medicine in her ear is a 2 adults & both kids job! lol!

Comment

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      Poor pup. Hope she's better soon.

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Sad doggy.

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks gals- her ear is much better after just a few days of meds! She pretty much hates me right now- especially when she sees a tissue & a bottle in my hands!

Hmmm, I am finding this one tricky, which might give you the impression that I don’t worry about much, and that would be such a whopping lie it is hilarious!! I’m sure something will come to me, but in the mean time, I’m worried I will not find a photo for the worried prompt!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      You will think of something.

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I found it a challenge to take a photo of too, but then I completed my In focus challenge, and it all came together.

Why would I upload a serene picture of fish in a tank (I swear there are actually 6 fish in there .... only one hangs off the wall with any sort of regularity .... the rest are either small or terrified of the big scary monsters outside the tank and hide in the corners)? Well, let me explain. Last week my kids got fish tanks and we followed all the instructions regarding proper aquarium establishment and finally put fish in them on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday one of the little zebra danios in my son's tank died ("Hermione was petrified! Gah!!"), and then the next day, the betta (Newt Scamander .... he was misnamed. He should have been Gilderoy Lockhart given them amount of time he spent starting at his reflection) in my daughter's tank was implicated in the death of an unacceptably flashy little iridescent guppy (Neville). Ironically, Saturday morning we found Newt dead (maybe from ripping off Neville's tail? Maybe karma kicked him in the .... fins.), and then Monday another zebra danio in my son's tank succumbed for reasons unknown (we're not sure if it was Ron or Harry). So of the ten fish we brought home on Wednesday, 4 died within the first week (luckily they're covered by PetSmart's 14-day return policy and I held onto the receipt). We have replaced one danio ("Junior") and the betta ("Dumbledore"), and had to move a blue/black guppy (Minerva) to the other tank because she/it (I'll admit, I have no idea how to assess gender in guppies) was preparing to file charges of assault and harassment against the betta. Sigh. So every morning before school, we do a "head count", and every night before bed, we do a head count. And (the kids don't know this), because I worry about fish deaths (probably more than I should), I do a tank check mid-morning, at lunch time, and before the kids get home from school. (And right now my son is yelling at the larger of his two remaining danios to "stop being such a bully! Leave the other fish alone!") Who knew the pet fish would be so stressful? So yes, I worry about these stupid fish. (eyeroll)

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I am dying laughing over your story. This is the perfect WORRY photo.

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yours is my favorite. <3

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      You captured it perfectly. With three cats in our household, we would have a totally different set of predators to worry about.
      hopefully no more trauma for the littlies.

here's mine :

I explain a little. this is the 4th year that my son practices taekwondo. almost at all the trainings, he must make the big difference, except he can not (still). but that worries him because other children who started at the same time as him arrive there. he understood that some were more flexible than others; is one of those people who are not flexible by nature and wonders if one day he will succeed
    (I've translated with google translator, hope it's a correct english)

Comment

• Stefanie
      Stefanie commented
      Editing a comment
      So Gaelle, he needs to have his legs flat on the ground (we call that doing the splits?) and others that joined after him can do this but he can't quite yet?
      hopefully he will get there soon. As Mommies it is so hard when our children are hurting/sad/disappointed.

• Ga_L
      Ga_L commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, that's it !

I went with a sampling of the goodies I use to offset the aging process.
    I worry that I am becoming a high maintenance woman.

Comment

I had company in town this last week and we went on a hike up in the high desert. I was a little worried one of these huge boulders was going to take a tumble down the mountain.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the gravity thing!
        Lovely photo, fabulous capture.

My mother's house burned down 2 weeks ago today. She lost everything but she is safe. We continue to worry about cleaning up what photos we were able to salvage, worry about getting all the insurance info filed, worry about my mom getting back on her feet, AND she is moving in with me today for the next several months which brings it's own set of worries LOL. I am going to have to have thick skin. Mother's and Daughters at this stage of life in a bit of a role reversal is going to be interesting.

Comment

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
        Editing a comment
        Oh my goodness!!! Good thing she is safe! Sending prayers that all comes together!

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        Sooo devastating.

My youngest turned 5 on Feb. 27th, and I worry that he is growing up too fast.

----- HILLARY -----

Comment

Working...
      X