IN FOCUS 2019 -- WEEK 3 -- LIGHT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN FOCUS 2019 -- WEEK 3 -- LIGHT

Are you ready? It's time for our third photo prompt of IN FOCUS 2019!
    (sorry it's being posted a few hours later than normal -- I was traveling! ...apologies!)

We think that this one should be ea lot of fun... because this week, we simply want you to take a photo of (or related to)...
    LIGHT

That's it! Easy, right? As you go through your week, simply find something that fits that word (hopefully something that actually helps you capture this particular chapter of your life, if you look back on it in a year, or 5 years, etc.)... snap a photo... and then follow the instructions you'll find HERE IN THIS THREAD so you can come back to this thread, start your own post down below, and share your photo with us!

Then, make sure you check back again next Monday for our next photo prompt of IN FOCUS 2019!

~ Laura ~

The bathroom we are busy renovating is slowly taking shape. I can't wait to have my house back to normal.
    The light coming in from the window in the height of summer makes photographing it a slight challenge.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      it sounds so exciting, having renovations, but I don't have to live with all the dust and noise and inconvieneces!! The floor looks great!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      It is always so fun to watch projects as they are happening!

this morning was really misty I haven't seen it as misty as this, for so long as this, in a while! The first picture was taken after the morning school run (so about 9am) where you can just about see the sun trying to shine through the mist, and the second picture was taken nearer 12. I appreciate this is weather, but the lack of light in the morning mist, was what I was trying to capture - how eerie it was!
    Last edited by corrin; 01-22-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love me some good fog/mist, as long as I don't have to drive in it. I love the side by side comparison photos.

here is mine for this week, I got my favorite flowes (Calla) from my husband and had to take a picture - but the light in our home is so horrible so I had to wait for natural light on the next day - and I love my new lamp, I got from a friend for christmas, it is like the moon and perfect for reading in the evening

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      ooh that lamp looks so cool! your lillies are beautiful too, lucky you to have a hubby who buys you flowers!

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      What beautiful flowers! I always see those lamps and think that I need one.

Here in central Texas it doesn't get cold enough that often to have a fire. So when the temps do drop, we LOVE to have a fire. This morning it actually dropped below freezing. Now it will warm up to the mid 60's today, so I knew I had to start one this morning, or not at all! I love watching the flames and the tendrils of smoke. I think I see hearts in the smoke so maybe today will be a good day???!!!!

Save
    Save

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Indoor wood fires are illegal here in Colorado unless it's your only source of heat. The gas insert just doesn't make anything quite as magical as what you captured. That photo is just super cool, and those little eddies, woah.

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Really @caliten??? No indoor wood fires at all? Is it a danger or something?

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Those flames, and the smoke! What a great picture!

The light in the desert is amazing this time of the year. I ended up with about 10 photos I loved during my evening walk - I think I am going to have to do a whole layout with this prompt
    Last edited by kaphelps; 01-24-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that giant cactus in the foreground and the bright sun in the distance. Great picture, and I can't wait to see the whole layout!

Lucy & I went on a walk this afternoon & it was just GORGEOUS sunlight filtering through the trees & reflecting off the snow!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      You can sure tell that Lucy loves her some sun. LOL

We had a fairly important snow fall yesterday and I like this shot showing the sun rays going opposite direction of the wood deck planks.

Last edited by ninigoesdigi; 01-29-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      ninigoesdigi Oh no, I think you forgot to post your picture! I hope that you see this and add it in, because I was intrigued by your description.

• ninigoesdigi
      ninigoesdigi commented
      Editing a comment
      Hillary No there is a photo but maybe because it's hosted on my DB it doesn't show properly? Will change to Media Fire.

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh I like that!

After the snow stops, and the skies clear, and the cold winter sun shines down on the fresh snow, making it glitter like millions of diamonds .... I wish my photo did it any justice.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      And even better...it hasn't been walked in!

Walking around the botanical gardens yesterday and captured this one of the sun coming through the trees ...

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      "Our trees are all green, and it is summertime." Way to rub it in, Kat! *muah*

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hillary -- LOL!

This year as usual... I have a weight loss goal. So here is my photo of light

Comment

• ninigoesdigi
      ninigoesdigi commented
      Editing a comment
      good twist on the theme lol and good luck on your goal! Right now I have trouble getting rid of the holiday season bump in weight lol. I need to go walk more again but it is so cold and windy I tend to give up often. But I know I can do it. It might just take more time in the winter time

• tiffany scraps
      tiffany scraps commented
      Editing a comment
      That is where I am at too. But I know I really just need to clean up my diet. Eat light... Feel light. I got so off track and lazy - every holiday season I say I won't do it again and then I do

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your take on it too, and your cute turquoise nails!

Running a bit behind this week, but here is my picture for LIGHT.

----- HILLARY -----

Comment

here's a photo of my son with light in his eyes because he learned an awesome news : he can change class and go to the next level

Comment

The sunrise across the Gulf bridge is always so captivating when the light is peeking through the ripple of clouds.

---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

Working...
        X