Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD GAME | ^ < v

Hi all,

I'm Shannel, one of the guest designers here at The Digital Press and I'm so happy to be hosting this fun game on the last official day of this fantastic DSD event.

Today's game is ^ < v. Participants play this game as follows:

^ -- you respond to the fact above by either denying or confirming (e.g. "yes, I do love coffee")
    < -- you state an actual fact about yourself (e.g. "I have an irrational dislike of frogs")
    v -- guess a fact about the person below (e.g. "probably runs an internet boutique that sells only sustainably sourced tree frog jewelry made by empowered women in a small, unnamed village in Honduras.")
    ...and so on ...and so on...

THERE'S A PRIZE TOO!
    Anyone who participates in this game will be entered to win a $5 coupon to spend in my shop GoneDigital Design here at TDP!
    ( FYI there's some new goodies coming this week for you to spend it on)
    Last edited by Shannel Tamara; 10-06-2019, 05:38 AM.
    ---------- SHANNEL ----------

I will kick this off using the example above.

^ -- As awesome as that sounds, I'm not so great at geography and would probably get lost within the first five minutes and end up in Guatemala.
    < -- I almost made it as a pro basketball player at 5ft 2in.
    v -- Probably has a secret scrap room that none of her family are aware of and sneaks in supplies through the garage.
    ---------- SHANNEL ----------

Comment

^ my sense of direction is probably as good as yours.
      < I still say this way and that way instead of left and right
      v knows their way around without Google maps

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        I do the same when giving directions - &quot;you need to go this way&quot; and wind up confusing the person. In the end I just tell them to follow me and I lead them there. They always follow (guess they never heard of 'stranger danger').

^-- I hate using google maps or gps.. prefer the trusty old mapbook
      <-- I am a chocoholic
      v-- probably doesn't like to eat all her veggies.
      Last edited by CathQuillScrap; 10-06-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here! (on the chocoholic comment)

^ actually does eat ALL her veggies, joyfully, except for edamame (eew).
      < may be the only person excited about the near-freezing temperatures and snow forecast for her town on this coming Thursday (first snowfall of the season)
      v secretly harbors a desire to run away with the circus (but not the modern circus, the circus in the late 1800's when it was at it's pinnacle)

Comment

• CathQuillScrap
        CathQuillScrap commented
        Editing a comment
        What the heck is edamame??? I don't think I would eat that either.

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Shannel Tamara and CathQuillScrap ....

Edamame /ˌɛdəˈmɑːmeɪ/ is a preparation of immature soybeans in the pod, found in cuisines with origins in East Asia.

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, I'm weird. I LOVE edamame if it's cooked. I squirt the little beans out. Yummy

^ Oh the circus life is definitely NOT the life for me. I pretty much hate to travel and I am way to chicken to do anything on a high wire or running around with wild animals!
      < I am obsessed with finding EVERYONE attached to my family tree! I am sure that I already have more information than my children will ever be interested in - but I cannot stop!
      v Probably has all of her scrapbooks caught up and is just waiting for the next set of pictures to arrive.

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        The upside to researching your family tree is that you'll have plenty of material to scrap with.

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        My mom is all about the family tree stuff too. And she gets so annoyed when my siblings and can't remember the names of the *new* distant cousins she finds every year. She also can't understand why my brother and I didn't immediately make plans to meet up with a new-found 4th cousin who happens to live in the same area we do.

^ I have my daughters scrapbooks all caught up her birthday and school years , if we ignore that I have two sons as well whose books are just over half done - then yes all caught up!
      < I would like to take cooking and horse riding lessons, really think they could be fun,
      v goes dancing every thursday night and has an amazing assortment of red high heeled shoes.

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        This made me giggle. If we ignore that I've just barely started; yeah I'm all caught up too.

^Well, I do go dancing every Tuesday morning since I teach Zumba at the gym but I can't wear high heels
      < I am a registered nurse
      v has a favorite child even though you are not supposed to admit it.

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder who's gonna own up to it

^I do in fact have a favorite child - it's the one that is within hugging distance of me at that particular time
      <I cannot stand corn. I literally get sick if I accidentally taste it. When I was young, our babysitter served it to us for 30 days straight while my parents traveled. Can't stand it ever since!
      v Likes to read in the bathtub while listening to Barry Manilow to relax each night.
      Save

Save

Comment

^ I am actually a shower girl and with the dwindling water supply its under 9 minutes. Not much relaxation at all. Barry Manilow is a great choice thou, I do like his music.
      < I love digi scrapping and find new photos or products are all it takes to get me creating again
      v has to wake up at least once a night to let the dogs out.

Comment

^ I am actually a mermaid, I just do not like water.
      < I love listening to country music when I scrap.
      v Loves cold weather and getting up at 5AM to shovel the sidewalk to get to work.
      Karen

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        Country music is perfect for just about anything.

^ I love cold weather, when I don't have to deal with it. I moved away from snow...to a small island...where it's nice and warm... :0)
      < I am retired.
      v Wakes up to digiscrap, when they can't sleep.

Heather (HappyMamacita)

Comment

• HappyMamacita
        HappyMamacita commented
        Editing a comment
        I moved to Hilton Head Island, bought a home and retired. :0)

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        I did a quick google. Looks beautiful

• HappyMamacita
        HappyMamacita commented
        Editing a comment
        I am fortunate to live here. Today, it was voted the number one Island in the U.S. for the third consecutive year by Condé Nast Traveler.

^- I might not wake up to scrap but I have been known to dream about scrapping. Thankfully I don't have too many issues with sleeping.
      < - Speaking of sleeping, I can quite easily have an afternoon power nap every day (about 15 minutes)
      v- has hordes of paper scrapping stash waiting to be used but would rather play on the computer than with paper, glue and scissors. (ok this could be me too!)

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        And me! Even though I digiscrap I still buy loads of paper supplies because I like to look at them and have them near me. Thought I was the only one

^. That is totally me! I have a craft room full of fun stuff...and closets...ugh...lol...
      <. Just realized the down arrow is the letter "v" (I copied and pasted it, last time).
      v Is wondering what to make for dinner...

Heather (HappyMamacita)

Comment

• Shannel Tamara
        Shannel Tamara commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't realise about the 'v' lol

^ I'm always wondering what to make for dinner! Urgh!!! Every now and then my son will offer a suggestion and I run with that.
      < Is overjoyed with the layouts I created this week for DSD.... really proud of myself for taking the plunge and doing so many!
      v Is probably waiting for the next lot of challenges to be announced so more memories can be scrapped.

Comment

Working...
    X