DSD CHALLENGE | DSD Tight Crop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD CHALLENGE | DSD Tight Crop

I'm so excited that DSD is finally here! The games have been fun, the challenges challenging, and the chats chatty. Clearly I'm having too much fun and not enough sleep. Well, I hope you are enjoying yourself as much as I am! AND, it's not over yet thank goodness! In fact, today I have a challenge for us and it's a fun one! For this challenge, all you have to do is scrap a close-up photo (or photos) which is tightly cropped and focusing on one part of the original. It's a great opportunity to highlight something special - how cool is that?? Even better, you have until Wednesday, October 10th at 11:59pm PT to finish it. Yay for extra time!
    Here's my example for you:

*credits: Everyday Flair by creashens and Inspiration | February 2018 by MEG Designs

See how fun it is?! I'm so glad I finally had a reason to take a close-up and scrap about these gorgeous lashes!

Now, there's only a few rules:

The rules of the challenge:
    • Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    • You must have a close-up or tightly cropped photo
    • You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread and link up the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    • Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 10/10 in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 10/12.
    I can't wait to see your layouts!!
    Last edited by mocamom; 10-07-2018, 09:15 PM.
    Save
    Save

Here is mine. Gotta love little baby hands and feet.
    http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...y-toes&cat=519

Comment

• Anne PC
      Anne PC commented
      Editing a comment
      I love little baby hands and feet too :-)

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh there is nothing better than baby toes. Seriously. It's like serotonin to the brain. Love your layout Tiffany! Your paper choices are perfect for those triangles and I love that you included his name!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      awww, just perfect!!

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Love that you captured hat look of concentration! I'm also in awe of your shadowing skills. Please, please, please tell me how you did that with the flag / banner / tag or whatever I'm supposed to call it. I want to be able to do this!

• Anne PC
      Anne PC commented
      Editing a comment
      mocamom I've learnt how to make these shadows thanks to this TDP tutorial
      http://www.thedigitalpress.co/tutori...paper-shadows/
      I've spent a lot of time to find the right values but most of the times it works well with very high wavelength and low amplitude

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much @Anne PC!! I am trying this today!

Here's mine:

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      What a pretty page Donna! It's almost as pretty as her eyes! Love those shoes too

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      crikey yes, way to go Lily!! and lovely page Donna

The bricks are my tight crop. Here's mine:

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Jan what happened to your poor scarecrow?? I was trying to read the text, but these old eyes failed me I love how you made the large photo B&W, it really made your close ups pop!!

Fun challenge! Here's one from me:

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah Barbara, you can just see the mischief in that eye!! Such a great page showing off your cutie!

Robin, I was inspired by your page about your son's eyes!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Carrie this is so amazing. You DEFINITELY needed to scrap those eyes before they change again!! I love your journaling and how you fit it between the stripes!

Kit: Cornelia Designs/Mr. Handsome

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Love those circles! They honestly look like they are coming off the page. What a neat effect. And of course that face is so sweet as well!

Here's mine. I chose to showcase my DD's shopkins pieces.

sigpic

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh, having 2 girls go through similar phases as they were growing up, you will cherish this layout in the years to come! It's amazing how big collections can be in the moment, and then forgotten about later. I'm so glad you played along with this! Love how you matched the kit so well with your toys and that inked border is wonderful!
Working...
X