DSD CHALLENGE | Stuck On A Circle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD CHALLENGE | Stuck On A Circle

Hi everyone!!! Welcome to another DSD Challenge! I hope that you all are enjoying the games from earlier in the week, and the challenge from yesterday. I always love event weeks here at TDP, so lets get geared up for some more fun!

I am here to introduce you to one of today's challenges. If you have been around for the last few NSD or DSD events, you will recognize the general concept of this challenge because I have hosted the "Stuck In the Middle", "Stuck On the Edge", and "Stuck In A Grid" challenges during those events.

For this challenge participants must create a layout on which every item used on the page must be touching a CIRCLE. Participants can create their circle out of anything they like -- a circle drawn in their photo editing program... stitching... paper... strings... etc. (be creative!) -- so long as the basic circle shape is totally recognizable and clear. And then... EVERY item that goes onto the layout must be touching that circle shape. Circles can be any size the participants desire but the base circle must be visible and easy to locate.

Here's my example:

[credits: Audacity - Elements and Papers | by Karla Noel and Anita Designs, and Stitched Down Vol. 5 (circle stitch) | by Laura Passage]

The rules of the challenge:
    1. Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    2. Every item used on the page must be touching your CIRCLE.
    3. You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread and link up the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    4. Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 10/10 in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 10/12.
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-05-2018, 02:14 PM.

My Gallery

Looks like fun, I will be back with a layout in the morning.

Comment

Fun Challenge. Here is mine. http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...tching&cat=519

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love how you split the circle in half and then used the same paper but opposite. Thanks for playing along!

Yay....this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to scraplift one of Carrie's LO's that I fell in love with. It's titled London Eye... So thanks for the inspiration caliten ! Here's mine:

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Gah, I LOVE it!! Gorgeous layout, Donna!

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the two clusters of elements on the stitching. Your layout turned out awesome. Thanks for playing!

Here's mine:

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that you used the photo as the circle. Thanks for playing!

This ended up being harder than I anticipated. Getting that title placement to something I was happy with was *tough*.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love how it turned out! Thanks for playing!

• Donnatopia
        Donnatopia commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, Carrie..... this is fabulous! Love the circular text and the little brads (And your title came out Great!)

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Donnatopia. I'm trying to keep a trip album cohesive, and still get pages done for it that work with my theme and also all these challenges!

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love all of the pictures and the few scattered elements. Thanks for playing along with us!

great challenge !

Comment

A circle ... or circles ... hhmmm ... got an idea - probably will be more "inspired by" with the challenge. Hey!! I've never really been known to 100% all.the.time. follow the scrapping rules I'll be back later with my page.

Comment

So ... technically, the entire layout is sitting on top of a [paint] brush that is made up of circles ... that counts, right? I also did circles within circles. Told you. I don't always follow the rules very well.

Comment

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            You always push the limits, LOL. I guess that everything is technically &quot;touching a circle&quot;, so I guess we will let it slide. Thanks for stretching the limits. <3

Here's one from me:

Comment

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            I love that you clipped the clothes pieces to the circle! Genius! Thanks for playing along!

I saw all your cool pages, and wanted to play along too! So here is mine

Comment

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            I am sure glad that you decided to play, because this layout is AMAZING! I love that you made the circle out of the cord for the clippers!!

here is my entry. thanks for hosting such a fun challenge

<p>Here is my entry for DSD18 Stuck on a Circle challenge</p><br /> <p>My layout is entirely Wishing Well Creations Project 2015 July</p><br /> <p> </p><br /> <p>Font Bodoni MT Bold</p>,
          Last edited by scraptraci; 10-10-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

SO many inspiring pages. Well done, ladies!! Here is my take...

Comment

Working...
            X