DSD GAME | Avatar Swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD GAME | Avatar Swap

Hey everyone!! Are you ready for some DSD fun?

I love Fall and here in Japan it is not only about the stunning color changing leaves but also about the delicious food: Japanese pears, kakis (persimmons), apples, many Fall fishes I don't even know the English names, soon also the oysters. Yum!

For this game we want you to change your avatar here in the TDP forum to something that show your favorite Fall food.

And the good news is: anyone who participates in this game throughout our week-long DSD celebration (Oct 1st / Monday -- Oct 7th / Sunday )
    will be entered to win $5 to spend in ninigoesdigi's shop here at TDP!

To participate, simply change your avatar (using the following instructions), & then comment in this thread and let us know why you picked your new avatar!

Need to know how to do this?
    • Choose your picture and make it 150x150 px max
    • On the top right corner of this forum screen, click on your name and select "My Profile"
    • When you're in the profile and you move the mouse over your avatar, you'll see an "Edit Avatar" box appear. Click on it.
    • hoose the avatar you created from wherever it's stored on your computer, and tadaaaa, you're done! Easy peasy, right?
    You can also get detailed instructions for changing a forum avatar in this thread.
    Looking forward to see many delicious Fall foods!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-02-2018, 01:17 PM.

And here I am again with one of my many favorite fall food: persimmon. Looking forward to see yours soon too!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I had never heard of these until a couple of years ago when a firend gave me a pice to eat, and I loved it! But I have never actually bought one, I should go and find some!!

• crazsquaw
      crazsquaw commented
      Editing a comment
      Persimmon cookies are SO yummy!! I haven't had or made one in over 15 years...now I really want some!

If you know me at all, you know I love, love, love coffee. Add a pumpkin flavor??? And I'm over the moon!!!
    Save
    Save

Comment

For me it's apple cider.... hot or cold doesn't matter to me. I just love it!

Comment

YUMMMM caramel apples.

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          mmm that sounds good! They only do toffee apples here in England, and the toffee is hard, like candy, and I like the flavour but the toffee cracks off and mostly gets dropped rather than eaten - a caramel apple sounds like it might solve that problem!

Diet Coke...because it is always a good thing!

Comment

bring on all the pie!

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          lol, oh yes I love all sorts of pie too!

When I was a kid I went to a two room country school. Every year we had a Halloween party and the treats were powdered sugar doughtnuts and apple cider so powdered sugar doughnuts are my favorite.

Comment

I changed mine, used an element from Monthly Chronicles: Cozy

Comment

Pumpkin Roll for me!!

Comment

Pumpkin is not really around over here, but I'm quite happy about that! Autumn means that soups start to make an appearance again, so my new avatar is of one of my favourite soups!

Comment

• Donnatopia
                Donnatopia commented
                Editing a comment
                oh yes.... soups make it back into our meal rotation in the fall too.

Apple Pie!!

Comment

I have just one thing to add to this! YUM, everyone!!

Comment

I chose pears. I always loved pears, especially canned in their syrup and drink pear nectar. yum!

Comment

• ninigoesdigi
                    ninigoesdigi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love pears too but I think I prefer Japanese pears. Have you ever tried one? They are bigger and rounder. IMO, they are more firm and I like that. It seems occidental pears gets a little softer than they do even when matured.

PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X