X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Passage
    started a topic DSD GAME | Gallery Standouts

DSD GAME | Gallery Standouts

Hello there everyone, and welcome to DSD week at The Digital Press!

We're going to kick this week's games off with our GALLERY STANDOUTS game, in order to get everyone looking through the gallery, and inspired and ready to celebrate this memory-keeping "holiday" that we all love so much -- Digital Scrapbooking Day (DSD), which is this Saturday 10/6!

We all love to see the eye candy that people leave in the gallery at TDP when they post their layouts there... and we also all love to get comments on our layouts, as well! As such, this game will simply require that participants must pick one (1) of their own favorite layouts (from your own gallery) --AND-- two (2) other layouts from other people's galleries (found anywhere in the main gallery here at TDP)... and post all 3 of those images here, in a post down below this.

That's all you have to do to participate in this game!

Don't forget that anyone who participates in this game will be entered for a chance to win the prize for this game... which is a $5 gift certificate that can be spent in my shop through the end of the month (winners will be announced in the 10/12 edition of The Digital Press News)!

HERE ARE A FEW TIPS FOR YOU, IN TERMS OF PARTICIPATING...
    • To "grab" the link to each full-size (900px) layout that you'd like to display... simply click on the "view larger image" link that appears beneath each layout (once you're on that layout's page)... and then right-click on that large image when it opens in a pop-up window, and choose "save image URL" (or "copy image address" -- or similar -- depending on what browser you use).
    • To "post" the image here in a thread... either use the image icon on the editor/menu when you are writing your post... or... simply use BBCODE tags. All you have to do is "paste" your image URL in the text of your post (it will usually end in .jpg) -- AND -- then "wrap" that image URL in some IMAGE TAGS. It will look like this (I'm adding spaces here so the forum doesn't assume I'm trying to post the image, and decode it --- but you should leave the spaces out)...
    • [ I M G ] ---add your image URL here--- [ / I M G ]
      (again... ^ do this, but don't add any spaces between anything)
    • You can also link people straight to the gallery page that contains the image (as I have done, below) by copying/pasting the URL that appears in the top address bar of your browser window when you open that image in the gallery.
    • Finally, if you want to tag one of the people whose layouts you have selected, when you write your post (as I've done, below)... simply look at their username in the gallery, and then type it here in the forum with the @ symbol in front of it. Make sure if you add any apostrophes/etc. (as I did, below) that you leave a space so the forum doesn't think that it's part of their username.
    Let us know if you have trouble posting -- or any other questions we can answer!

Meanwhile, don't forget to leave love in the gallery for each of the layouts that you choose...
    Here's one from my own gallery. While I haven't actually had time to scrap a new page in AGES (iSad!)... this one's always been a favorite of mine, because of the story it tells. These photos never fail to crack me up!...

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...elfies&cat=500

Here's a page I found in Mother Bear 's gallery... and I love the contrast of the bright/bold colors and the really calm white background! Also love her adorable photo...

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...ve-you&cat=500

...and finally, here's a page I love that comes from chili 's gallery here at TDP. How cool is the painty effect on top of the woodgrain background? Love these colors, too...

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...ctober&cat=500

Last edited by Laura Passage; 10-01-2018, 04:22 PM.

• doti40
    commented on 's reply
    Thank You very much, Anne!!!

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    Wow, it's actually really hard to pick one of my OWN layouts. Recently, I've done a lot of highly-clustered pages, but I flip flop between all kinds of styles, and this just has to be one of my more recent favorites, because that photo just make it (for me) -- my son is such a ham for the camera (although he was totally serious about eating that cake like that!! )

And now for some gallery picks ...

I love how Maribel [ mrivas ] always captures to every-day with her family - AND she's in the photos a lot, too!

And my second page is a photo-less one from caapmunro - some great shadows and clustering -

Leave a comment:

• g8rbeckie
    replied
    I'm still pretty new and I don't have a lot in my gallery yet, but this is one of my recent faves! It has everything I love to put on my pages, paints/splats, several photos, and fun elements.

Remembered by AlinaLove is so pretty!!

and i love all the bright colors and happy photos in this one by @Ngoc Nguyen Thi !

Leave a comment:

• Anne PC
    replied
    This is one of my last favorite

And i've hardly chosen only two layouts
    The first one is from tiffany scraps . I love the vertical designs with the circled background and the colors of the elements are gorgeous

The second one is by doti40 . I love that she's made a page with an oridnary moment. The picture is beautifully cropped and the page is Simply gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• Anne PC
    commented on 's reply
    Thnak you so much doe picking up my layout with my sweet boy

• Anne PC
    commented on 's reply
    oooh ! Thank you so much for your kind words !

• ninigoesdigi
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! You make me blush!

• Donnatopia
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Carrie, and OMGosh your LO is fabulous. That sweep of elements and stamps ... just WOW!

• caliten
    replied
    Oh, I want in on this game too!

I have lots of pages in my gallery that I really like, but I dug out of the archives as it's a long time favorite. It's from before I joined the CT here at TDP (hence the 'missing' banner). I think that my skills have improved since I made this page, but I still love the big photo and the sweep of elements and stamps.

This one by Donnatopia. That big, bold picture and then two two smaller b/w pictures to balance it, as well as all the little details and stars on strings.

And this one by AlinaLove. Her pages always have the most amazing selfies (at least I think they'r selfies), and this page is no exception. I love all the delicate details too.

Leave a comment:

• Heidi Nicole
    replied
    Here's my current fave that I created...

pick #1: By Scrapolina... perfect layout in every way!

pick #2: By BlackKathy... oh, white space layouts... how I love you! This is so pretty! LOVE it!

Leave a comment:

• Kiana
    replied
    Loving the faded colors on this one by Chili and the great page design and clustering

Love the simple opposite corner design and clusters. Love the great title work on this one with the contrasting words

and this one from my own gallery I just love for the photos

Leave a comment:

• immaculeah
    replied
    Happy DSD everyone! I love browsing the gallery so I'm on this....

First, my (latest) favorite from yours truly. This was done for the Sept. Digi-Morph. It was a LOT OF FUN and I am happy with my page and all the pages from the participants.

Next up is Maribel's page. I am a big fan of hers. Every single page she makes is outstanding and full of great memories. It was super hard to pick one but I settled with this as I love Q&A with the kids.

Lastly, sucali is also a favorite of mine. She is one of the masters of white space layouts. Here's my pick from her gorgeous gallery. Such a sweet moment captured...

Leave a comment:

• 3BluEyedBabies
    replied
    I don't have many LOs in my gallery here yet, but this is my favorite one I have made with TDP products so far because I just adore all those pretty papers!

I love the simple beauty of this page and the quote and the stitches by ninigoesdigi

This gorgeous page by caapmunro is just wonderful! I love the photo work, the blending, the use of the buttons....just everything!

Leave a comment:

• crazsquaw
    replied
    Wow there are SO MANY amazing and inspiring pages in here (and the gallery!!)

Here is one of mine, which also happens to be the only page I have in the gallery as I just started playing games here last month for the Digi-Morph!

I love this one by shannonc- it is amazing the way she did the circles of the photo!!

I also love this one by akizo- I am a huge fan of her templates, so it is no wonder this is one of my faves!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X