DSD CHALLENGE | Slow Scrap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD CHALLENGE | Slow Scrap

Hi everyone! Welcome to our DSD weekend slow scrap. Unlike a "speed" scrap where you run around at a million miles a minute, scrambling to find items for your layout, this is a much slower pace - in fact, 24 hours! It's perfect for a weekend like DSD, when you really want to be in multiple places at once (cloning, anyone?!), but still want to get some challenges done and participate in games.

Here's how this works. Below you'll find a list of items needed to create your layout and all the instructions to do so. That's right, you get everything up front - no surprises! You will have 24 hours to create your layout, post in the gallery, and then link us back up here in this challenge thread. Also, all pages need to be created using 100% TDP products, which can include freebies or retired products from our designers.

Anyone who completes a layout for this challenge will be eligible to go into a drawing for one of the DSD 'choose your own' prizes - you can check those out here.

So, without further ado, instructions to follow ... and remember, you have until 9:00 am US Eastern time tomorrow, Sunday, October 8, to get your layout finished and posted.
    Last edited by Kat Hansen; 10-07-2017, 09:16 AM.

Items Needed
    • Solid paper – bold color! (no white or ‘soft’ neutrals allowed!)
    • One photo
    • Small scatter elements
    • One flower – medium sized, not small, and “flat”, not highly-dimensional
    • One button
    • One bow
    • One circular element like a tag or chipboard piece (not a button – that will be too small)
    • Alpha, wordart for one-word title (or create your own with fonts)
    • Brushes!! Something with circular shapes (can you see a theme here??) – stamps, mists, paint … anything you like.
    • Set of brackets or parentheses (like you’d get in an alpha set)
    • Two freebie elements – small … more on those later!

Comment

Building your Layout ...
      1. Place circular element (tag or chipboard piece) on the center of your background paper, the bright solid.
      2. To the left of this element, about one inch higher and to the left, add your flower. The flower and the tag/chipboard should be about the same size.
      3. Add the button and bow to the center of your flower.
      4. Add a small set of scatters underneath the flower.
      5. To the right of your tag/chipboard, and yes, again, about one inch higher and one inch to the side, add your photo … cropped in a circle! The photo should be about the same size as the flower and tag, but can be slightly larger, since it’s the focus of the page. Optional: add a white stroke/outline to the photo. Tip: If your circular elements/clusters are in the straight line, that's not what I'm looking for ... you want them more in the shape of a shallow "V" with the left and right elements higher than the center.
      6. Underneath the photo – but still peeking out on the sides – add your brackets/parenthesis, and under these, add another set of the small scatter elements.
      7. Add brushes under everything, right on top of the background paper, but keep it somewhat tightly clustered, i.e., we’re not putting brushes all over the page. Push the circles theme by edging or going around your circular elements. Be bold, be colorful.

Stuck on what to use? Check out the Mists and Paint or Brushes and Stamps sections of the store for ideas. Use a combination of individual brushes (think circular ink stains, paints, etc.), or one … I was lucky enough to find one large artsy, paint mess brush in a kit I have in my stash. Truth be told, it was the foundation and inspiration for my page. (but no, I'm not telling you which one I used ... sheesh)
      8. Add a one-word title in the space between the element groupings, i.e., above the central one, and between the left and right.
      9. Freebie elements – add two small elements of your choosing anywhere on the page. Me? I added a small heart-shaped flair and teeny piece of wordart.
      Feel free to add journaling to your layout where ever you like, and as much or as little as you like.

Comment

Is this a wordart made from an alpha or wordart from fonts either ok?

Comment

Originally posted by barbaraj View Post
          Is this a wordart made from an alpha or wordart from fonts either ok?
          Yes, however you wish to make your title - just a one-word title though ... alphas, wordart, fonts ... all work

Comment

I'm challenging myself to do as many challenges as I can this month using my Christmas 2009 photos. It seems I've been working on them for forever as I keep doing other pages.

Comment

Love all the glitter, Lisa - perfect for a holiday layout! Funny that this is the subject you chose to scrap. I was just looking through all the new kit releases and saw a holiday one ... it's on my list of purchases that I want this weekend.

Comment

Here's mine. Hope I did it correct, English is not my mother language and it was not always easy to completely understand.

Comment

Hope this is somewhat what you were looking for. Here's mine:

Comment

Fun steps to take! Here's mine:

Comment

Love seeing all of these pages!

Comment

Mine !

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• Anne PC
                          Anne PC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't know why the brackets don't appear on this preview... But they exist in the gallery

Oh my, Anne, those sunglasses!

Comment

Getting down to the wire, folks ... I'll be back in about 10 minutes to close out this challenge and post my layout!

Comment

Okay, so here's my page ...

THANK YOU to everyone that playing along!

Comment

Working...
                            X