DSD CHALLENGE | Scraplift the Person Above You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD CHALLENGE | Scraplift the Person Above You

I can't believe DSD is finally here! I've been waiting for what seems like forever!! I'm Robin and here to play another challenge with you. Did you know that scraplifting is the highest form of praise we can give someone?? It's true! When we scraplift another page, we are telling the creator of the original layout that we really, really like their page! So, let's show some love in this challenge by scraplifting the person above you.

Here's how it works. I'll start by scraplifting Hilary - her talent always amazes me. When I look through her gallery, I swoon!! So here is HER layout that I found and wanted to scraplift.

Isn't it gorgeous?!?! I love all the white space and the touches of ink and hearts. Plus the arrangement of the photos really draws your attention to them! So since I think it's superb, I am showing my love by scraplifting it and here is my version:

I used hers as a guideline and changed it to reflect my personality and my photos. It's okay to change it up a bit!! Now, the next person will scraplift ANY layout from MY GALLERY. Then, the next person following them will scraplift a layout from the person's above gallery. Makes sense?? If you want to participate in the challenge, please leave a message like "I'm in!" (etc.) so that we know you will be working on a layout. Next, go to the TDP gallery of the person above you and choose one of that person's pages to scraplift. This way, the next participant doesn't have to wait until your layout is finished in order to begin hers. So after leaving your "I'm in" message, you can get to work on a layout! Once you are done, go back to your original thread, edit it, and add your layout to THIS ORIGINAL THREAD. That way we don't get confused on who is scraplifting who

Easy AND fun, 'eh??!! To make it even better, all participants will be entered in a drawing and one lucky person will win a prize of their choice from
    THIS thread. So not only are you scrapping a memory, but you are eligible to win a prize too! Woo hoo!! So follow the rules and get busy scrapping. Don't worry, you have plenty of time to show some love and play along!! I can't wait to see what y'all come up with

The rules of the challenge:
    1. Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    2. Your layout must be a scraplift of a layout you find in the gallery of the person who posts above you in this thread.
    3. You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread and link up the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    4. Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 10/11 in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 10/13.
    Save
    Last edited by mocamom; 10-07-2017, 12:17 AM.
    Save
    Save

Love this game, I will scraplift you Robin!
    Will scraplift this layout:

And here is my layout:

Save
    Last edited by mrivas; 10-07-2017, 07:12 PM.
    [STRONG]---------- MARIBEL ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Love, love, love your take on this Maribel!! You definitely deserved your GSO for this layout. Thank you for scraplifting me
      Last edited by mocamom; 10-09-2017, 11:25 PM.

This is very fun!!! I'll scraplift you Mrivas!!!

I'll scraplift this awesome LO:

Here is my take:

Last edited by Dea Photography; 10-10-2017, 07:50 PM.
    [STRONG]---------- ANDREA ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh love all those bits nd pieces Andrea! What a fun page

Oooh, your gallery is stunning Andrea, I would love to scraplift you! I think I will scraplift this one
    and here is my version

Here is my Gallery
    Last edited by corrin; 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so pretty Corrin. I love how you taped your flowers down and all your paper choices are gorgeous!

• Dea Photography
      Dea Photography commented
      Editing a comment
      Owww Corrin, I'm so glad you scraplifted me!!! And how beautiful your LO turned out, love it!!!

Yours is mine, Corrin!

I'm going to lift this beauty:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_1325_1507353414877_51[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here's mine:
      <p>Sahin Designs Cozy Day<br />Sahin Designs Dear Santa<br />Font ~ Small Town Skyline</p>,
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_1325_1507353414877_51[/ATTACH]

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your take on the scraplift! That is a great technique Corrin showed us with the text filling in the letter isn't it! **side note - I LOVE those socks. I am totally a sock person!!

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yours is great! I love the burgundy in that kit, and you elements are so perfect! Thank you for lifting me! 😀

Wow, super take deasue I am going to life this one.

Last edited by Stefanie; 10-07-2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Stefanie you always take the time to scrap the ordinary things in your life. I really, really like that! Love your use of the mask too my friend!

I'll scraplift Stephanie! I'm going to do this one:

Here's my scraplift:

Last edited by barbaraj; 10-08-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        I see that you are the brave one that chose to scraplift me!
        Can;t wait to see your layout!

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        What fun pictures Barbara!! Love that journal card by the way hehehe!!

I love this game!!! I'm in!! I'm off to look at Barbara's gallery ... brb!
      Here's MY gallery for whom ever is next in the game: http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...ame=kat-hansen

Okay, this is the page I'm 'lifting from Barbara's gallery - love the patterned papers and the stacked papers --

And I'm back with my page!

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 10-07-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        That was fast Katherine! Love that frame! Your shadowing is perfect for it!

I'm in. I love your style Kat ... I can't wait to browse your gallery!

Here's MY GALLERY for the next person.

This is Kat's LO that I'm going to lift ... I'm off to scrap now!
      Save

Here's my page ...

Credits:
      Anita Designs & Meg Designs | Family Treasures Collection
      Karla Noel Designs: Epicness Stitches
      Anita Designs: Glitz Templates

Save
      Last edited by Barbara Unzen; 10-07-2017, 10:51 AM.
      Barbara&#x27;s Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
      Save

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Barbara I love the way you stitched those two papers together. I am going to scraplift this!!

I'll scraplift Barbara.

I scraplifted this layout:

And here's my take:
      Last edited by saar; 10-07-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        Cute page Sarah! I like the filmstrip on the side. I'm a big fan of pages with large photos!!

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Sarah I too love the filmstrip! I like how you did the three different perspectives in it!

• saar
        saar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thnk you for your nice comments ladies!

I'll scraplift Sarah!
      This one:

and my take, I actually made a template so I can use all those fabulous circles again and again.

Last edited by LisaDV; 10-11-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I will scraplift Lisa! My gallery link is in my signature.

I picked this layout by Lisa. It was one that I fell in love with when she first put it in the gallery. I loved the black & white with the pops of orange, although that is not what I ended up lifting from her page. I lifted the big picture, and the pieces along the side. I couldn't do my picture in black & white, so this was the closest that I could get.

and here is mine....

Last edited by Hillary; 10-08-2017, 11:33 PM.

My Gallery

Comment

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          ohhhh that face Hillary!! How did you ever put him down??? Love that large photo

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          mocamom It was hard, and he didn't walk for a long time. LOL

• LisaDV
          LisaDV commented
          Editing a comment
          Gorgeous page. I wouldn't want that sweetie in black and white either.

I'm in
        Here is mine. Thanks for posting the link hillary.
        Since I couldn't get it to work when I first posted I scraplifted the layout from the top here.
        Here is her layout

Here is my version:
        Last edited by Kristal; 10-10-2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I am going to try to lift this wonderful LO by Hillary.

Here's mine:
        Last edited by jang; 10-09-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I will scrap lift you Jan.

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Here is my scraplift of this layout:

• mocamom
          mocamom commented
          Editing a comment
          Eek! Thank you Hillary for scraplifting Jan. We kinda got out of sync with two people scraplifting you (though your gallery is just that good that I can see why!!) and I tried to get it back on track but still messed up in the end! Thank you for your catch and your stunning layout (as usual hehe).
      Working...
      X