Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD CHALLENGE | Kitchen Sink

Hi!

For this challenge, you have to think of the old phrase "'everything but the kitchen sink" ...which basically means, "everything imaginable" or "just about everything you can think of."

For the purpose of this challenge, there are two ways of accomplishing this:

1) You can use 75% of one single kit (of your choosing) on your page/project, without hiding anything. All items must be visible/recognizable on the page -- even if you creatively layer it (i.e. we still have to see that it is there and being used).

-OR-

2) You can fill your layout -- with items covering at least 75% of the surface area, and touching all 4 sides.

Here is an example of Option 1, created by Creative Team Member, Hillary. She used Seasons Of Change - Elements and Papers by Tracie Stroud, and Quick Scraps Vol. 8 by Anita Designs.

Here is an example of Option 2, created by me using Sunshine and Rainbows by River Rose Designs...

Now that you know the how... here are the rules of this DSD challenge:
    • Use 100% TDP products
    • You must tell us which option you picked
    • You must post your layout in the CHALLENGE GALLERY here at TDP, and then create a post here in this thread and link a copy of it into this thread. To receive credit for this DSD challenge, you must do the above by 11:59pm PT on Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
    The winner of this challenge will be randomly selected after the deadline, to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (make sure you visit that thread to rank your desired prize order)! So what are you waiting for?!

Last edited by Hillary; 09-30-2016, 08:45 PM.

i did option 2 - full page

Proudly scrapping for FranceM and River-Rose

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      How gorgeous!! Absolutely LOVE all the layering and clustering! A stunning layout that I could see framed as part of a display of fall decorations. Thank you for playing!

Option 2 full page.

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      How precious!! Love the soft whimsical feel of the layout! Thank you for playing!

• hat_of_bunny
      hat_of_bunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous big photo!

Option 2 : Full page

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      What awesome captures!! That would so neat (and a little scary) to see the bears this close! Love the scattering of different elements! Thank you for playing!

I have chosen option 1 and it was much more difficult than i thought

Last edited by Anne PC; 10-01-2016, 01:23 PM.

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Dunia Designs - MEG Designs - Sahin Designs and Monthly Chronicles

Comment

• Sabrina
      Sabrina commented
      Editing a comment
      You did awesome!! I love your layering and the photos really capture your family! and YES Option 1 is SOOO hard!! I have started mine several times and then just couldnt get it with more than 75 lol. AWESOME job!

• knclark
      knclark commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow I am impressed with how clean and simple it looks using the whole kit. Beautiful!

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome job!

I chose the 2nd option.

Comment

Here is mine! I used the new kit Upside by Little Lamm Co.:
      the-good-stuff_web by Jennifer Hignite, on Flickr

Comment

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        So awesome Jen!! Love the layered stars with the mix of papers- it all goes together so cohesively! And the tall photo of your tall teenager is just perfect! Thank you for participating!

I went for option 2:

Comment

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        What fun pictures!! Love the layering and the placement of the flowers- they both add to the movement of the layout. Such a fun, colorful layout! Thank you for participating!

I chose option 1.

Comment

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        How cool!! Love the diamonds- they pair nicely with the photos and add an awesome linear line! Thank you for participating!

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the strong colors on here - and yet all the white helps balance it out.

option 1

Comment

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        Fabulous layering in the background and on the layout!! The bold background makes the elements pop! Wonderful layout!Thank you for participating!

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Another Option 1 survivor! Love all the paper layering around the edges - great way to use the papers in the kit and not have any one be more overpowering on the layout than the other. Where were those photos taken? Those trees look so cool.

• lorryfach
        lorryfach commented
        Editing a comment
        Kat, we were at the park behind Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna

Option 1 - 75% of a kit

Last edited by Kat Hansen; 10-10-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        SOOO awesome!! LOVE all the layers, monochromatic color scheme! Just WOW! You rocked the challenge as I expected! :D Thank you for participating Kat! <3

Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge!

This was a very DIFFICULT challenge, but it sure helped me get outside of my comfort zone...THANK YOU!

I chose option 1:

Comment

• Sabrina
        Sabrina commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW- this is just so awesome and cool!! Absolutely LOVE the paper pieces and cluster of elements- it is really pulling my eye up to the awesome photo! Thank you for participating!

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I have this kit! Love the big swatches of the papers, and how you used the frame to draw your eye in on the large photo.

I opted for option 2, and was inspired by Sondra 's layout ^^

Comment

I counted the map paper as an element of sorts, since I "cut" it up into strips.

Comment

• Sabrina
          Sabrina commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi! You did option 2 right? This looks wonderful. I love the mixed media feel with all the fun layering and shapes. Thank you for playing!

• meggersjm
          meggersjm commented
          Editing a comment
          yes. sorry, I had to try this post several times because of wonky internet... I probably forgot to add it in.

I did the 75% coverage of the page

Comment

• Sabrina
          Sabrina commented
          Editing a comment
          What a beautiful place!! Love the large photo and the blending you did! Wonderful page. Thank you for participating!
      Working...
      X